• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
Didn't mean Belhanda was like Song as a player but moreso re his career development.
I'd read that he started as a DM type & then moved forward into more of the B2B type role.

If he's more direct & more offensive than Song the question needs to be asked re his defense & suitability to a B2B role.
Is he defensive enough to play as the ball winner,
or is he more like Dembele 7 Diaby & needs a more defensive player beside/behind him?

Anzac

Established Member
Buhry said:
Guys like belhanda and isco we have to sign while they are still young and somewhat unproven, or they'll end up being another Hazard were they are out of our pricing range with bigger clubs looking at them.

Wait a year and you'll have clubs like city trying to sign them if they keep improving.

Rather have those 2 than some of our current options tbh.
Then there are other talents in waiting like Holtby.
Get the balance right & you don't NEED to sign Goetze/Hazard/Oscar/Ganso etc. Individually you may 'suffer' but not as a whole.

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
We really don't need Belhanda and we won't sign him so give up guys.

What Anzac really wants in his description, one player fits it perfectly. Sahin

And what's better is that he's the right age to have a long run career in the team.
Currently IMO the only option we have who is as comfortable with the same sort of passing range is Cazorla.
I haven't seen as many long & diagonal passes since Cesc as CM in 07/08 as what we saw from Santi v Koln.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wishlist:

In: RB - Bosingwa (free), CM - Sahin (loan), FW - Jovetic (23m)

Out: Squillaci (2m), Arshavin (7m), Bendtner (8m), Chamakh (4m), RVP (25m), Park (3m)

Strongest 11:-

--------------------------Szczsney---------------------------
--Sagna------------Koscielny------Vermaelen----------Santos--
--------------------Song---------Arteta----------------------
---------Theo------------Cazorla-------------Podolski--------
-------------------------Giroud------------------------------

Rotation/Youngsters:-

--------------------------Fabianski---------------------------
--Bosingwa-------Mertesacker------Miquel--------------Gibbs--
-------------------Diaby----------Sahin----------------------
---------Oxlade---------Wilshere------------Gervino----------
-------------------------Jovetic-----------------------------

iced22

I'd play Jovetic on the left really. Just the type of wide forward we need, highly creative, excellent technically, beats players like no tomorrow, and has a good eye for goal.

He's be very nice cutting in from the left and shooting at goal. He'd be an improvement on Walcott and Gervinho, and would allow Podolski to play at his best position. Jovetic could also provide cover if neither Giroud or Podolski are available.

He'll be costly, but he's excellent, young, and fits our needs perfectly.

truth_hurts

USArsenal said:
you realize Jovetic is more of a CAM/SS and less of a main striker, right?

Think his style is pretty similar to RVP or zlatan in that he has huge ability on the ball and vision. He could play across the front 4 to be honest but so can Podolski, Gervinho (arguably) and Ox plus we have plenty of options.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Really wouldn't mind us selling Theo and RVP if it meant we can get Jovetic + Sahin

truth_hurts

Clrnc said:
Really wouldn't mind us selling Theo and RVP if it meant we can get Jovetic + Sahin

I'd go nuts in anger to be honest. Song and RVP reluctantly I could stomach but not Theo and RVP in one summer.

marv3llous

My current one is simple: Sahin on loan and RvP to stay (with new contract).

If RvP goes then i wish we would replace him with Jovetic, but i highly doubt that. And im afraid RvP will go without us buying anyone.

Flow

marv3llous said:
My current one is simple: Sahin on loan and RvP to stay (with new contract).

If RvP goes then i wish we would replace him with Jovetic, but i highly doubt that. And im afraid RvP will go without us buying anyone.
Actually, I'm quite confident that we'll see a replacement. But it can also be a winger or even a CM so the likes of Cazorla/Poldi will change positions quite often.

Wishlist:
Walcott new contract
Song new contract
LB: Monreal (£8 mil)
RB: Debuchy (£7 mil)
ST/LW/RW: Mirallas (£6 mil)
CM: Sahin (on loan with buy out clause of £13 mil)
= bargain galore!

Arshavin, Squillaci, and all those other guys you think :lol: :shock: :| when you see them OUT.

Vibra

Established Member
A bit alarming that we're already in mid August and we still haven't got rid of any of the freeloaders

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Now that RVP is leaving, I think it's time to bring in your saviour:

Carlton_cole.jpg

Carlton ****ing Cole.

Words cannot describe this guys ability, simply because he doesn't have any. An absolute beast in the box, consistently making defenders feel good about themselves.

He's also incredibly loyal, refusing to transfer to such exotic destinations as Stoke.

If I were to compare him, I'd say he's similar to Heskey, just without the muscle. His finishing is fantastic, more often than not scoring when he didn't even mean to, and missing when he actually tries.

He's also very fond of Nando's chicken, which is always a big plus for any footballer.

Vibra

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Now that RVP is leaving, I think it's time to bring in your saviour:

Carlton_cole.jpg

Carlton ******* Cole.

Word's cannot describe this guys ability, simply because he doesn't have any. An absolute beast in the box, consistently making defenders feel good about themselves.

He's also incredibly loyal, refusing to transfer to such exotic destinations as Stoke.

If I were to compare him, I'd say he's similar to Heskey, just without the muscle. His finishing is fantastic, more often than not scoring when he didn't even mean to, and missing when he actually tries.

He's also very fond of Nando's chicken, which is always a big plus for any footballer.

Some young gunner, Henderson I think, tweeted once that they received a Nandos black card so we could definitely lure him in

Latest posts+

Top Bottom