• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Impact

Established Member
If Alex Song were to leave, I'd like to see him replaced by an experienced defensive midfielder, for example, Bruno Soriano or Jérémy Toulalan.

Buhry

Established Member

Sahin
Some solid DM.
A versatile defender
Iker muniain or Isco. We should be looking more at spanish players, spain are the new brazil in terms of developing talent. Of course there's the risk that barca or real will come for them down the road but even those teams only have so much room in their squads. Spanish players seem to do well in the PL too, Silva, Mata, Fabregas, Arteta for example. Even Reyes was pretty good when he wasn't busy being homesick.

Anzac

Established Member
Impact said:
I did make a mistake with regards to the squad count. You're indeed right Anzac, it adds up to 23 as opposed to 24. To clarify, when I said '24 need to be registered' - I didn't mean in terms of the Premier League sqaud requirement, I meant as in the players at the club that had to registered due to age. I'm aware that we have a 25 man squad limit.

Also, I don't think Wenger will register players to fill all 25 positions due to his insistence of leaving space available for players to breakthrough. Also, having to register Frimpong and Wilshere next year will be in his consideration.

I realise Taylor is primarily a left back but if I recall correctly, he is capable of playing at right back too.

All good mate - wasn't having a go just clarifying afte some responses indicated we could only sign 1 OR another player,
whereas we could have 4 or even more depending on how many we manage to offload. :wink:

In addition to your list there is still a question mark over AA's future & that of Fabianski & JD.

Players U21 don't need to be registered in order to play so that is not a concern re the 25 man squad or HG requirements so far as break-through options go. Players more likely such as Eisfeld & Yanaris fall into this category.

As for the need to register players NEXT season = it's about time we worried about that when the time comes,
as opposed to constantly setting aside the needs of the team NOW.
:bash

ArsenalDNA

Sahin
M'Vila
Debuchy
Isco

Can't see how any of them are too unrealistic. Obviously asking for all of them is a bit much though.

Floating

Established Member
ArsenalDNA said:
Sahin
M'Vila
Debuchy
Isco

Can't see how any of them are too unrealistic. Obviously asking for all of them is a bit much though.

Agreed. I'd prefer the first 3 in that list. Isco would be a luxury signing at this point, although a good one.

ArsenalDNA

Haha yeah.

I initially just had the top 3 written down but thought we could use another attacking player and thought I might as well throw someone in there considering it's the wishlist.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
someone on twitter said we're signing angel rangel from swansea. to be honest, i didnt really pay attention to him last season. any good?

Anzac

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
someone on twitter said we're signing angel rangel from swansea. to be honest, i didnt really pay attention to him last season. any good?

that tells you all you need to know... :wink:

iced22

Rangel seems to have gained a bit of traction ever since Bartley left.

Probably would make sense in terms of age and suitability for us. Solid enough insurance for Sagna and can buy time for one of Jenkinson, Coquelin, or Yennaris to step up.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Floating said:
ArsenalDNA said:
Sahin
M'Vila
Debuchy
Isco

Agreed. I'd prefer the first 3 in that list. Isco would be a luxury signing at this point, although a good one.
Guys we'd have to sell first to buy. We are over the 25man limit. No space for Isco.

Impact

Established Member
Anzac said:
In addition to your list there is still a question mark over AA's future & that of Fabianski & JD.

Players U21 don't need to be registered in order to play so that is not a concern re the 25 man squad or HG requirements so far as break-through options go. Players more likely such as Eisfeld & Yanaris fall into this category.

As for the need to register players NEXT season = it's about time we worried about that when the time comes,
as opposed to constantly setting aside the needs of the team NOW.
:bash

I don't think we have enough suitors for the aforementioned. Hazarding a guess to Wenger's thinking concerning them, I think he believes Miyiachi will soon take Andrei's place. Whilst Martinez will replace Fabianski soon enough and Djourou is an able enough fourth choice until Miquel is ready to displace him in the set up.

I agree with your last two points but I cannot fathom Wenger thinking like that. I mean this is a man that allowed our goalkeeping situation to suffer tremendously due to his belief in the ability of an unproven Szczesny. Also, in terms of breakthrough players, I recall Wenger saying he deliberately leaves gaps in the squad to allow them to step up. So on that thinking, he wouldn't want too many senior players as to block the route of young prospects into the team. That's why I believe he won't fill the maximum squad number.

Isco is 20. He wouldn't need to be registered this year.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
sahin on loan
isco
capoue
angel rangel

given our finances, all 4 should be easily attainable. we need to sell off a bunch of players too.

Impact

Established Member
Another player to keep an eye on concerning the box-to-box ball winning midfielder role is Manuel Fernandes. He has really matured at Besiktas and could be a shrewd signing.

iced22

Technically proficient, inventive wide forward. Stevan Jovetic tops my list.

I find it ridiculous that we're heading into the season with the exact same crop of players out wide as last season (Walcott, Gervinho, Arshavin, AOC). It's a complete package in terms of frustration, unpreparedness(is that what you call it?), and decline.

This same batch weren't good enough last season anyway, and now that RVP's no longer here, it's become even more important to make sure we get good production out of the entire front line. This is how to replace RVP imo, not by spending a pile of cash on a direct replacement, but instead improving collectively to ensure we move away from being too reliant on one position.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Omar Abdul Rahman

I was very impressed by this kid in the Olympics. The Emirates actually played some great football thanks to this kids passing and movement, he danced around GB teams for most of their game with his passing and one two's and had a nice assists.

Agains't Uruguay he was just as impressive with another beautiful pass. I wonder if anyone will snap this kid up after his performances. I was very impressed at least.

Latest posts

Top Bottom