• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MDGoonah41

Established Member
the french nt used the magic square in the 80s with fernandez/tigana as the deep mids and platini/giresse as the attacking mids

of course they won the euros in '84 and finished 3rd and 4th at the world cup

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Rossi will do extremely well to even begin reaching his old level, he is currently recovering from an ACL rupture which he got just a week after he started training after another ACL rupture. Don't think there are many footballers that recovered from this kind of lay-off.

Would be a gamble, but Villarreal is in a very bad bargaining position as the player's out injured AND they have been relegated.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
------------------- sahin ------------------------

----- arteta ------------------- cazorla ---------

-- jesus navas ---- giroud ----- podolski --------

AFC-Phil

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
------------------- sahin ------------------------

----- arteta ------------------- cazorla ---------

-- jesus navas ---- giroud ----- podolski --------

Navas - Arteta - Sahin - Cazorla
- - - - - - - - - - Podolski
- - - - - - - - - Giroud

Looks more balanced IMO with the same personnel. Not to mention it would suit our FBs with Gibbs overlapping the inwardly inclined Santi and with Navas maintaining the width on the right.

Anzac

Established Member
eye4goal said:
outlaw_member said:
I was also going to mention our 07/08 side, but the box midfield entails two deep CM's with two AM's floating in front. We had the inside AM's, but our CM's were anything but deep.

You're right theirs is a more clear-cut 4-2-2-2 or lets say 4-2-4. Strange how it worked with only the front-four and the full-backs attacking whilst we had to attack with with 7-8 players. It'll be interesting to see where Rossi ends up, he linked up brilliantly with Cazorla and I wouldn't be against loaning him with an option to buy(was on my wish-list last summer too)

Originally the 4222 was the back4, 2 CMs, 2 AMCs & 2 STs.
Only later did it become 2 DMCs, 2 CMs, 2 STs.
In it's purest attacking sense the 2 AMCs played as Trequartista/playmakers drifting across the pitch looking for space linking with the FBs, CMs & STs.

eye4goal

Established Member
jones said:
Rossi will do extremely well to even begin reaching his old level, he is currently recovering from an ACL rupture which he got just a week after he started training after another ACL rupture. Don't think there are many footballers that recovered from this kind of lay-off.

I didn't know he suffered a second rapture. That's hard to recover from indeed especially for a forward.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sell Walcott and combine that with the rest of the money from players sold and offer it to Dortmund for Gotze.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i wish wenger would see diaby for what he is. and stop counting on him when making his season plans, to the detriment of signings that would improve the squad when diaby invariably gets injured/fails to impress.

because its going to happen again.

Anzac

Established Member
jones said:

Would be a gamble, but Villarreal is in a very bad bargaining position as the player's out injured AND they have been relegated.

Off topic but isn't this exaclty what we're expecting Frimpong to be able to do - or are you talking about the same knee?

Anzac

Established Member
My wish list atm is for AW to not undo all the good work that has been achieved thus far, despite the departures of RVP & Song.

Not only does AW NEED to replace / address the remaining issues,
but it's also as much about the quality of player coming in.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
jones said:

Off topic but isn't this exaclty what we're expecting Frimpong to be able to do - or are you talking about the same knee?

We're talking the same knee. Another difference is, Frimpong had months between his injuries, and is still young, while Rossi is 24/25 and has done his ACL just one or two weeks after he started training again!

Vela

Established Member
One week until the transfer windows closes and we are desperate for a few signings. I just hope AW actually goes out and spends some money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom