• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GoOnYouGunners

Rhyid.gif
ArseneKnows-47 said:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Few rumours of Tiote on twitter, what do people think of him? Personally I think his passing, from what I've seen, is no where near the standard we need. He may be able to break up play effectively but picks up way to many cards to become a staple in our team.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
if we signed m'vila and no one else before the window closed, we'd be looking at this

m'vila/arteta/cazorla
diaby/wilshere/rosicky
coq/ramsey/ox

then

walcott/giroud/podolski
gervinho/chamakh/arshavin

in terms of wishlist stuff, in addition to m'vila or a player who would be a first choice midfielder, i think we obviously need to improve on chamahk and arshavin. its a shame bendy burned his bridges here, because id prefer him to chamahk as the 2nd choice central striker.

if we figure m'vila would cost around £15m, then thats basically the song money. if we can get £6m for bendy, £4m for arshavin, and £3m for chamahk, that's £13m, which might get us close to llorente. he'd probably require £16m or so. then our attack is

walcott/giroud/podolski
gervinho/llorente/??

you could use ox as a forward (even though the talk is now for him to play centrally as an AM) and use a youngster like eisfeld as a third choice mid and ease him in.

add afellay to the above and i think we'd be okay. so that means we need to bring in m'vila, llorente and afellay and send out arshavin, bendy, chamahk and park

Finnish_Gooner

Apparently we are interested in Ibrahim Affelay. Barca told him that he has to go because they have enough depth in their squad and can't offer him a chance at Barca.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/909722-arsenal-and-Sp**s-on-alert-as-ibrahim-afellay-told-to-leave-barcelona" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/909722-ars ... -barcelona</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just post it here because I don't want to make an extra thread because of an article from metro.co.uk

He is not a player for the Wish List but imo he could be a good squad player here.
But don't think it will happen as we look for a midfielder and not a winger.

Edit: Just recognized there is a thread about Affelay. Sorry for this post then.

mo50

Established Member
I'd rather wait for Frimpong to heal and give him a go then sign Tiote. The guy's too limited to play for us and Newcastle would demand a sum that would smash our transfer record.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Giroud said:
I would be interested to hear what people think of Dembele. I think he's done very well since he's moved into a more box to box role and could now make the step up to a top side. Keeps the ball really well, can beat players and offers a threat in attack while using his energy and strength well in defence.

He's started like a beast this year, looks like he's gained a load of muscle, excellent ball carrier, top ball winner, needs a bit of work on his final ball but he'd be a top MF for us now and walk into the line up

Arteta (DLP)........Dembele (B2B)
......Cazorla

WANT WANT WANT

leo_ense

Established Member
Would love Dembele here. For me he strikes me as the player Diaby would be if he had the football intelligence, a good passer of the ball, great dribbling but a lack of end product.

-----Arteta----Dembele---
----------Cazorla-----------

Then once Wilshere returns for the number 10 spot (as is written) we could use Cazorla as a wide player.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Dembele is a very interesting player, i wouldn't complain if we signed him but i'm still unsure exactly how good he is. He'd probably cost a fair bit though.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
That midfield would comfortably be the best in the PL.

Statements like this are becoming more and more frequent and reek of RAWKism (Although I'm thinking of some posts a couple of weeks ago that claimed RvP + Sahin to our current squad = Best squad in PL when I think of RAWKism). The reality is that it wouldn't with Silva and Yaya in the same midfield at Man ****ty with the remaining vacant spot potentially filled by De Jong/Nasri/Rodwell/Barry etc... To claim it would 'comfortably' be the best is simply not right.

IMO, byinlarge, the majority of posters on here have/still grossly underrate the two Manchester sides.

Man Utd weren't 'average' prior to this summer. They aren't mythically carried by Froggie's presence. Players like Ferdinand/Vidic/Carrick/Scholes/Nani/Valencia/Rooney have played to a high level in the last 24 months. The likes of Evra, Smalling, Young, Berbatov and Welbeck are good/very good players in their own right too. They were better than us before this summer and are even more so now.

Man City - Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Tevez and Aguero. That's frankly ridiculous. There are several WC players in there. Once more, we've not had a better team than that at any point this year. The number of WC players in our squad in comparison to both of these evidences the gap.

Sorry to be the doom bringer but it's been bugging me for a while that the view that we're not far off the Manchester clubs remains when we're more than a player or two away. The difference in quality is big.

marv3llous

Im starting to seriously like Hatem Ben Arfa (as a player). I know he had HUGE ego and attitude problems back in France and he had a bad injury in Newcastle. But none of it seems to slow him down, its quite the opposite - he is emerging as a very strong player in EPL. I saw alot of Newcastle matches at the end of last season and i have seen first two from this year and ... im very impressed by his game. He would be the direct player and goal getter we all want in this window.

Newcastle is a selling club in essence. Wonder how much it would take to get him? Does he still have beef with Diaby (the infamous video of their fight in a hotal room)? Has Wenger decided to avoid trouble-makers (seemingly going cold on M'Vila)? Is he still a trouble maker or has he calmed down a little?

The Escaped Ape

AFC-Camden's saying that Wenger's after a player he didn't think was going to be available. On this thinnest of evidence, I've decided to believe that he's going after M'Biwa. Would be a genuine improvement to our squad, given his defensive versatility.

Anzac

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
AFC-Camden's saying that Wenger's after a player he didn't think was going to be available. On this thinnest of evidence, I've decided to believe that he's going after M'Biwa. Would be a genuine improvement to our squad, given his defensive versatility.

He only plays across the back4(??) & would not oust either TV or Kos,
unless AW was going to move TV to DMC / B2B CM.
Even then he does nothing to address AW's comments re Sunderland that we lacked creativity in the forward line.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong he'd be a great addition, but does not directly address any issue from last w/end or Song's departure.

I'd rather think along the lines of this new info NOt being associated to the earlier 20m player reports,
and that we've been thrown a bone re someone like Martinez, Fellaini etc.

For that matter has Sahin actually officially moved to LFC?

The Escaped Ape

Anzac said:
He only plays across the back4(??) & would not oust either TV or Kos,unless AW was going to move TV to DMC / B2B CM.

Ah, crap, I think I was confusing him with Capoue and thinking he played as a DM, with back 4 versatility.

I give up on keeping track of the players we've been linked to that I've never actually seen play (not counting YouTube). Essentially, I want some defensive reinforcement in the sense of a decent DM and don't think we're in for M'Vila seriously.

Javi Martinez is pure wishlist stuff, unfortunately.

Anzac

Established Member
Giroud said:
Anzac said:
For that matter has Sahin actually officially moved to LFC?

Yeah, unfortunately.

Yup - just saw a pic of him holding up a LFC shirt with his name on,
and read an article where AW said he decided to pull out as Wilshere is progressing better thn anticipated atm,
and that he doesn't see Sahin as a defensive play or deep deep playmaker,
but that Wilshere should be back in Oct & they will give him a month to see where he's at = WTF!!! :bash

Latest posts+

Top Bottom