• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Danny Sturridge in January.So many plus sides to him and a typical Wenger signing who could kick on to another level with a manager who believes in him. Would be a better option than Zaha and arguably Theo.

Podolski, Giroud, Theo, Gervinho,Ox, Sturridge is an incredibly dangerous forward line whichever 3 you place in the positions.

Invincible

Established Member
iced22 said:
Invincible said:
iced22 said:
I'd say Reus is a perfect fit for our wide forward roles, as well as the false 9 role that Gervinho occupies right now.

He's such an all round force, it's pretty easy to fit him into any team. He's got the goalscoring instincts of a forward, some of the best movement around, a fine eye for a pass, and is a fine dribbler. The versatility that this brings is probably another huge selling point too, but unlike players such as Milner and Jones, he's no jack of all trades, but feels more like a king of all trades. Nothing like Podolski really, who has a number of limitations that keep him from ever truly being a top class player. I'd honestly take Reus over him if given the choice, without even having to think about it.

Also has to be one of the most consistent players I've ever watched, as I could count on my hands the number of bad games I've seen since I started following him around 2010. I might even take him over Gotze really, as he's just a much better fit for our needs and system, and would probably cost about the same. Sadly, I think we've been priced out from the moment Dortmund got him.
Name them please, go on.

Lack of flair and creativity to his game, which makes him somewhat predictable at times and causes him to struggle against teams that sit deep and pack the middle. We've already seen it happen a couple times this season.
That's it? When you said "number of limitations", I thought you were gonna list a whole bunch of weaknesses.

He's as complete as an attacking player can get if that's his only shortcoming (I actually think he's quite creative too)!

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
depending on your frame of reference, even wayne rooney will look to have number of limitations. doesn't make him crappy at football or non-**** in general

truth_hurts

Have been wanting Baines for a while. Surely needs to be moving from Everton sooner rather than later.

thedon5

I hope he stays put tbh, no way he's coming here if he leaves, has Manure/****ty/Chavski written all over it.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
baines feels like man united for sure, which sucks. was calling for him all last season. his end product is fantastic. hes a so-so defender, but his delivery is so good

Wouterus

Man utd just bought a LB in August, it would be quite unusual if they buy another one five months (or even a year) later.

I don't think any of the, let's say top five clubs in England is really in need of a LB, although chelsea and man city usually buy players they don't need.

dpt49

Established Member
If Cole is leaving Chelsea at the end of the season it is likely Baines will be his replacement.
He must be one of the highest scoring FB's in the PL and is Evertons main free kick and penalty taker.

I've always thought Baines would do well here, as he is one of the best attacking FB's in the league, but with Gibbs and Santos playing in the same position I think Wenger needs other areas of the team strengthening more than LB.

thedon5

Wouterus said:
Man utd just bought a LB in August, it would be quite unusual if they buy another one five months (or even a year) later.

I don't think any of the, let's say top five clubs in England is really in need of a LB, although chelsea and man city usually buy players they don't need.

Ferguson is ruthless though, he isn't going to let a rookie Buttner (whom his scouts identified as only the fourth or fifth best LB in the Eredivisie) and an aging Evra stand in his way of signing the guy who appears to be the best LB in the league right now.

It's also unusual to put the league's top scorer on the bench, but red nose did that too. Never put it past him.

Wouterus

thedon5 said:
Ferguson is ruthless though, he isn't going to let a rookie Buttner (whom his scouts identified as only the fourth or fifth best LB in the Eredivisie) and an aging Evra stand in his way of signing the guy who appears to be the best LB in the league right now.

It's also unusual to put the league's top scorer on the bench, but red nose did that too. Never put it past him.
Evra is their vice-captain though, isn't he? He may be aging but he is not so old that he needs immediate replacement. I am not a fan of Evra at all, but I just can't see them buying a direct replacement while he is still around. Not within a year, at least.

mistaT

Established Member
Anyone willing to get into the box from an AM or WF position.

**** me - so sick of our WF's and AM looking at the box/ball from 15 yards behind the play.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Pablo Osvaldo.

Would be the perfect striker for our setup. Very fast, skillful, great technique, strong with both feet and deadly header of the ball. Proven on top level in Italy and in Spain. He scored two against Genoa today again, has now six goals in five games this season. If Roma finish in a non-CL or even non-EL place again they'll have difficulties keeping him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-inzgHYn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es-inzgHYn0</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPcV0QQUQMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPcV0QQUQMA</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65MdJy0gNRQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65MdJy0gNRQ</a>

truth_hurts

A game changer in the forward line who can creat moments of brilliance.

Theo - great finisher
Podolski - reliable, tactically aware
Gervinho - direct
Ox - direct, lots of potential
Giroud - Target man

But there's nobody in that 5 who you could see getting the ball dribbling past a couple of players and firing one in or putting it on a plate for the CF.

Names - Navas, Pato, Ben Arfa.

dutchgoon

I´m sure we are looking at him already, but i would love to see Bruno Martins Indi at Arsenal...

Strong, versatile young defender who is good at both LB and CB.. Made his debut not long ago for the Dutch national team and has played 5 national games since then scoring 2 goals already!

Player from Feyenoord btw, 20 years old.. Benfica and Milan are interested as well..

MartinsIndi1600.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom