• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Would love Cazorla to have a word with Isco, that kid is going to be special. If he really has a £17m release clause then we need to be all over that.

dpt49

Established Member
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
dpt49 said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
With this new sponsorship deal which is supposedly going to increase our transfer and wage budget we can wish for top class players now.
I think you'll find that money is earmarked for Kroenke's bulging bank account.

There will be no big signings, no top class players and no change in transfer policy while this board are here.

The only transfer dealings involving decent players, will be the one's on the way out.
I agree, was saying it sarcasticly :roll:
I guessed that.
I was just taking the opportunity to have a dig at Kroenke, the tightest owner in world football :wink:

Pea-Tear-Griffin

[/quote]
I think you'll find that money is earmarked for Kroenke's bulging bank account.

There will be no big signings, no top class players and no change in transfer policy while this board are here.

The only transfer dealings involving decent players, will be the one's on the way out.[/quote]
I agree, was saying it sarcasticly :roll:[/quote]
I guessed that.
I was just taking the opportunity to have a dig at Kroenke, the tightest owner in world football :wink:[/quote]

I knew that as well, I was rolling my eyes at the stupidity of us buying top class players haha.

Bossa

Established Member
No creativity on the wings and a static, physically weak and slow midfield are our main problems.

We only need to make two signings to solve that.

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Fellaini Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Willians
Giroud

Not one of our wingers can create a chance for a teammate. Not one of our midfielder can drive to the box and outmuscle a few defenders(bar the always injured Diaby).

We need a creative winger who can cut inside and relieve Cazorla of his creative burden. Someone like Willians would be perfect.

thedon5

I'm skeptical about Fellaini. He should cost an absolute tonne, and let's not forget, he's at his best in the hole, not as a central midfielder. He is a solid central midfielder, but for him to merit his price tag he'd need to be as good as he is behind the striker at central midfield. That is something I don't think he is capable of. He could be a solid signing, but I'm not entirely sure he'll have the effect some people think he could have in midfield.

Bossa

Established Member
We need a striker who can create a chance for himself. I kind of like Giroud but he's not getting any service from the others.

Goon_si

Fellaini and Isco.

Solves our problems in creative and physical part of the game. Both young, technical and dangerous in the final third. One very skilfull with amazing vision, other super strong and dominant in the air but still very good with the ball at his feet.

Price? Well here everything stops. If not the money, our competition are just more lucrative for them.

Just imagine the midfield and front three like this:

Arteta - Fellaini - Wilshere
Isco - Podolski - Cazorla

Or Giroud/Walcott instead of Poldi. Isco and Santi with full freedom to drift from left to right, from attacking to deeper positions.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If Villa want to accept less than 10M, I would take Bent. He would be a short term signing at his age, can come in and help us straight away.

We can buy a younger project striker in the summer too, someone quick and versatile, meaning we go into next season with a very decent and versatile set of strikers.

marv3llous

Dream scenario, full blown FM stuff:

IN/OUT:

Cavani (replacing Chamakh)
Holtby (replacing Ramsey who could go on loan)
Schürrle (replacing Theo, who i would rather keep though)
Bender (Diaby replacement in long term, Abou can stay as "luxury player" until he gets fit enough to be sold)
Yanga M'Biwa (replacing Djourou)

Athleticism, pace, power, wide play - all there. We've been truly lacking in those areas. And even with those changes , to challenge for titles we still need to add a player like Isco and probably a fox in the box type striker. Dont even know who that would be. Not to mention we need to replace Santos with a bloke who can run up and down the field and probably replace Sagna.

Dear god we're in a sorry state.

What will happen: Henry on loan (short term fix for Gervinho going to Africa), Zaha as replacement for Theo and ... at best Huntelaar to replace departing Chamakh. But to make things more absurd i say Juventus will cancel Bendtners loan and we get Nicky back! :mrgreen:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Theo new contract
Zaha for the summer
M'Villa (Diaby replacement of sorts)
Isco/Ben Arfa in the summer

----------------------Szczsney------------------------
--Sagna-------Mertesacker----Koscielny------Vermalen--
-----------------------M'Villa------------------------
----------------Arteta----------Wilshere-------------
-------Theo-------------Podolski----------Cazorla-----

eye4goal

Established Member
jones said:
eye4goal said:
M'vila £5m
Leitner/Cabaye £15-20m
Isco/Adrian/Ben Arfa £15-20m

Leitner, for 15-20m??? :lol: Is this some kind of Football Manager joke?

Leitner has always impressed me, and I think he'll probably be worth that by the end of the season. Adam Maher is another one I'd put in that list

Top Bottom