<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

I would feel El Shaaraway would be available in summer, as he will not want his talent to go to waste in a team heading downhill, and after a while it will frustrate him of their reliance on him such as RVP.

I feel that he may be next on PSG's shopping list, with Ibra seemingly liking to play behind another striker.

Lucas Ibrahimovic Lavezzi
    El Shaaraway

With Menez, Nene and Pastore supporting.

2. Giroud

Giroud Well-Known Member

And why does our attack have zero creativity? Because they're all strikers which is the point I'm making. We don't have the creativity in midfield to supply a front three full of strikers or the fullbacks to provide support. I know Arsenal fans hate this but Wilshere's, Cazorla's and Arteta's creative ability is quite exaggerated.

We need to get in some quality midfielders/wingers to replace this front three full of strikers or we're going to continue struggling breaking down defences. We can't even counter attack so this 4-3-3 is very ineffective.

3. AFC-Phil

AFC-Phil Active Member Elite

Our creativity currently comes down to our front line. The inability of our forwards to beat a man, move into the right areas or to combine with each other is what's hindering us IMO. There seems to be a flaw with every one of our forwards from technically suspect, lack of pace, inability to finish/beat a man. They can't all be perfect but one technically great player in a front 3 isn't too much to ask for...

Our midfield are finally doing something that we've struggled with back to 08 - playing as a midfield. It's up to our front 3 to be self sufficient and clearly we they don't have the quality to do so. The FBs aren't exactly making the most of the positions they get into either. The midfield isn't the problem to me. It's the CF, WFs and FBs that need to do more.

I somewhat agree with Giroud though. Arteta is scarcely 'creative' in his passing. Wilshere's main asset is his ability to open up space by bypassing other players. Cazorla can't be argued with though.

4. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

--------------Szczesney

Sagna--Mertesacker--Vermaelen--Gibbs

------Rosicky---M'vila---Wilshere

Cazorla---------Giroud-------Ben Arfa

5. Lazaq

Lazaq New Member

Fellaini and Isco will do fine.

6. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Definitely, plus a striker. Ba, Huntelaar or Llorente please.

7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member Trusted

Marek Hamsik, Mario Gotze and Demba Ba.

8. pet

pet New Member

Jovetić, Adrián, Isco, Capoue, Baines, Yanga-Mbiwa, Al Habsi

CF: Jovetić, Walcott, Giroud
    LF: Cazorla, Podolski
    RF: Adrián, Oxlade-Chamberlain
    AM: Isco, Rosicky
    CM: Wilshere, Diaby, Eisfeld
    DM: Capoue, Arteta, Coquelin
    LB: Baines, Gibbs
    CB: Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Yanga-Mbiwa
    RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
    GK: Szczęsny, Al Habsi

9. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Al Habsi :lol:

He's makes a clanger every week.

10. DanAust

DanAust Member

This wouldnt even be a winning team, laced with game changers, just correcting past mistakes and improving the overall base level of squad.
    Hand up, I've not seen a lot of Strootman, but his inclusion was more about the type of CM (based on reports and reputation not first hand knowledge) that we should be getting. At Left back, Baines would be my first choice, but I dont see us moving for him (even in my wishlist), so I included Shaw to push Gibbs.

[​IMG]

Obviously, this would include the selling of the usual suspects

11. GOONER1991

GOONER1991 Well-Known Member Trusted

Being realistic with who we're being linked to at the moment, if our first team looks like this at the end of January:

---------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs

---------Arteta - Strootman

------------Wilshere

Walcott -----------------Cazorla

--------------Ba

Subs: Reina, Jenkinson,Koscielny,Rosicky, Podolski, Giroud, Gervinho

I'd take it. Experienced goalkeeper challenging Szczesny and ready to take his place. Depending on his knees, Demba Ba is a good striker to have upfront and can score different types of goals. Maybe not Van Persie quality where he can create a chance for himself, but with Wilshere, Cazorla and Walcott around him, he should get chances. Arteta in the role he had last season, keeping things ticking over, being our general. Strootman to get his foot in and spray the ball around.

Cazorla to the wing is a controversial move, but the reason why I would do this is firstly for his delivery from the wing, his ability to keep the ball on the wing will help our possession game, unlike the likes of Podolski and Gervinho. Currently in the middle Cazorla is being swamped by defenders, on the wing he'll have a little bit more space to work his magic. He can come inside and create issues when he needs to, and on the wing is actually his position and the position he expected to play in here.

12. Dwangoon

Dwangoon New Member

Funny how people call themselves realistic and then expect Arsenal to sign well-known ready made names.... well, unless Walcott is sold in the process.

Judging from recent years of history, that is not realistic at all. Only probable if you are manager in FM.

Anyway since it is a wish-list, no harm wishing.

1. Get 1 Attacking player (Ba, Huntelaar, Adrian Lopez, Zaha, Isco)
    2. Get 1 Defensive player (Strootman, Abdennour, Yanga-Mbiwa)
    3. Loan Henry
    4. Recontract key players like Walcott and Sagna
    5. Axe a few deadwood

But knowing our board, I think most probably only point 3 will happen.

13. evoh_1

evoh_1 New Member

Wishlist:

Neymar, Messi and Vieira out of the 1998 time machine that is all.

Thats about as realistic as us making signings that will actually materially improve the squad, we have failed to do that each window for 4 seasons running so I aint holding my breath.

14. eye4goal

eye4goal Well-Known Member

M'biwa has renewed with Montpellier so he'll not be available on the cheap

15. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Not sure if Mbiwa can play midfield long-term.

I'd love someone like Capoue, M'Vila, Wanyama, Strootman - tough f*ckers who can tackle and spot a pass.

16. arsenallegends

arsenallegends New Member

Greatest problem: Porous midfield, lacking organization

We get a midfield general and I'll be infinitely more comfortable.

Henry, Özil/Isco, Mbwia would be nice.

I wonder if somewhere in an alternative universe, Joey Barton is plugging the holes in our midfield as we fly 10 points clear at the top.

17. jones

jones Not German FFS Trusted

Yeah, probably.

Meanwhile, in the real universe, Joey Barton gets his holes plugged in prison.

18. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

:lol:

Oh Jones, wait till GDeep reads your post.

19. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

never gonna happen. all they gotta do is demand 12 and half for gotze, we'll do one

20. dendito

dendito New Member

No need to buy many players, just get one good DM (M'Vila for example) and we will be fine, it's more important to sort out Walcott's contract situation than anything else.

And no need to buy a striker, i'd rather buy a decent left winger and play Podolski up front.