• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Giroud

Established Member
Wouterus said:
It really isn't :p. Our attack is even less creative than our midfield. With Cazorla we have one of the most creative players in the League (not saying he is playing well atm) but our attack has zero creativity.

And why does our attack have zero creativity? Because they're all strikers which is the point I'm making. We don't have the creativity in midfield to supply a front three full of strikers or the fullbacks to provide support. I know Arsenal fans hate this but Wilshere's, Cazorla's and Arteta's creative ability is quite exaggerated.

We need to get in some quality midfielders/wingers to replace this front three full of strikers or we're going to continue struggling breaking down defences. We can't even counter attack so this 4-3-3 is very ineffective.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Our creativity currently comes down to our front line. The inability of our forwards to beat a man, move into the right areas or to combine with each other is what's hindering us IMO. There seems to be a flaw with every one of our forwards from technically suspect, lack of pace, inability to finish/beat a man. They can't all be perfect but one technically great player in a front 3 isn't too much to ask for...

Our midfield are finally doing something that we've struggled with back to 08 - playing as a midfield. It's up to our front 3 to be self sufficient and clearly we they don't have the quality to do so. The FBs aren't exactly making the most of the positions they get into either. The midfield isn't the problem to me. It's the CF, WFs and FBs that need to do more.

I somewhat agree with Giroud though. Arteta is scarcely 'creative' in his passing. Wilshere's main asset is his ability to open up space by bypassing other players. Cazorla can't be argued with though.

eye4goal

Established Member
--------------Szczesney

Sagna--Mertesacker--Vermaelen--Gibbs

------Rosicky---M'vila---Wilshere

Cazorla---------Giroud-------Ben Arfa

pet

Jovetić, Adrián, Isco, Capoue, Baines, Yanga-Mbiwa, Al Habsi

CF: Jovetić, Walcott, Giroud
LF: Cazorla, Podolski
RF: Adrián, Oxlade-Chamberlain
AM: Isco, Rosicky
CM: Wilshere, Diaby, Eisfeld
DM: Capoue, Arteta, Coquelin
LB: Baines, Gibbs
CB: Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Yanga-Mbiwa
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
GK: Szczęsny, Al Habsi

DanAust

This wouldnt even be a winning team, laced with game changers, just correcting past mistakes and improving the overall base level of squad.
Hand up, I've not seen a lot of Strootman, but his inclusion was more about the type of CM (based on reports and reputation not first hand knowledge) that we should be getting. At Left back, Baines would be my first choice, but I dont see us moving for him (even in my wishlist), so I included Shaw to push Gibbs.

590045_Arsenal.jpg

Obviously, this would include the selling of the usual suspects

GOONER1991

Established Member
Being realistic with who we're being linked to at the moment, if our first team looks like this at the end of January:

---------------Szczesny

Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen - Gibbs

---------Arteta - Strootman

------------Wilshere

Walcott -----------------Cazorla

--------------Ba

Subs: Reina, Jenkinson,Koscielny,Rosicky, Podolski, Giroud, Gervinho

I'd take it. Experienced goalkeeper challenging Szczesny and ready to take his place. Depending on his knees, Demba Ba is a good striker to have upfront and can score different types of goals. Maybe not Van Persie quality where he can create a chance for himself, but with Wilshere, Cazorla and Walcott around him, he should get chances. Arteta in the role he had last season, keeping things ticking over, being our general. Strootman to get his foot in and spray the ball around.

Cazorla to the wing is a controversial move, but the reason why I would do this is firstly for his delivery from the wing, his ability to keep the ball on the wing will help our possession game, unlike the likes of Podolski and Gervinho. Currently in the middle Cazorla is being swamped by defenders, on the wing he'll have a little bit more space to work his magic. He can come inside and create issues when he needs to, and on the wing is actually his position and the position he expected to play in here.

Dwangoon

Funny how people call themselves realistic and then expect Arsenal to sign well-known ready made names.... well, unless Walcott is sold in the process.

Judging from recent years of history, that is not realistic at all. Only probable if you are manager in FM.

Anyway since it is a wish-list, no harm wishing.

1. Get 1 Attacking player (Ba, Huntelaar, Adrian Lopez, Zaha, Isco)
2. Get 1 Defensive player (Strootman, Abdennour, Yanga-Mbiwa)
3. Loan Henry
4. Recontract key players like Walcott and Sagna
5. Axe a few deadwood

But knowing our board, I think most probably only point 3 will happen.

evoh_1

Established Member
Wishlist:

Neymar, Messi and Vieira out of the 1998 time machine that is all.

Thats about as realistic as us making signings that will actually materially improve the squad, we have failed to do that each window for 4 seasons running so I aint holding my breath.

Floating

Established Member
Not sure if Mbiwa can play midfield long-term.

I'd love someone like Capoue, M'Vila, Wanyama, Strootman - tough f*ckers who can tackle and spot a pass.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Greatest problem: Porous midfield, lacking organization

We get a midfield general and I'll be infinitely more comfortable.

Henry, Özil/Isco, Mbwia would be nice.

I wonder if somewhere in an alternative universe, Joey Barton is plugging the holes in our midfield as we fly 10 points clear at the top.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
arsenallegends said:
I wonder if somewhere in an alternative universe, Joey Barton is plugging the holes in our midfield as we fly 10 points clear at the top.

Yeah, probably.

Meanwhile, in the real universe, Joey Barton gets his holes plugged in prison.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
ArseneKnows-47 said:
Out:
Squillaci - £12m
Djourou - £15m
Arshavin - £25m
Chamakh - £18m

In:
Mbiwa - £5m
Fellaini - £10m
Gotze - £12m
Cavani - £12m

GK: Szczesny, Fabianski
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
CB: Mertescaker, Mbiwa
CB: Koscielny, Vermaelen
LB: Gibbs, Santos
CM: Fellaini, Diaby, Coquelin
CM: Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky
AM: Cazorla, Chamberlain, Ramsey
RF: Walcott, Gervinho
LF: Gotze, Podolski
CF: Cavani, Giroud

never gonna happen. all they gotta do is demand 12 and half for gotze, we'll do one

dendito

No need to buy many players, just get one good DM (M'Vila for example) and we will be fine, it's more important to sort out Walcott's contract situation than anything else.

And no need to buy a striker, i'd rather buy a decent left winger and play Podolski up front.

Floating

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Greatest problem: Porous midfield, lacking organization

We get a midfield general and I'll be infinitely more comfortable.

Other than our impotence and lack of movement and penetration in the final third, I think you're correct.

I'd love to sign a tough f*cker like Capoue, M'Vila, Yanga-Mbiwa, Strootman, or Wanyama to free up Arteta and give us some real presence and organization in midfield.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom