• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Isco, Ba, Adrian, Ben Arfa, Baines and M'Biwa in.

Gervinho, Chamakh, Squillaci and Santos out.

Imagine going into a match having no idea who will start in the front 3 positions because there is too much proper quality there to pick from. That's the stuff dream are made of.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Cudareli said:
Isco, Ba, Adrian, Ben Arfa, Baines and M'Biwa in.

Gervinho, Chamakh, Squillaci and Santos out.

Imagine going into a match having no idea who will start in the front 3 positions because there is too much proper quality there to pick from. That's the stuff dream are made of.

Isco is not happening but Ben Arfa and Adrian are pretty realistic.

LW: Podolski, Adrian
RW: Ben Arfa, Zaha/Oxlade
ST: Giroud, Ba

decent options to be fair.

Floating

Established Member
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO
David Gold has revealed West Ham ace Mohamed Diame does have a release clause in his contract thought to be as little as £3.5m #whufc

:shock: Worth a punt, surely. He was a beast against us.

Illusion

Established Member
He has a history of raising his game against us.

This could mean he's a good player, or it could mean he's just taken advantage of how soft we are all over the pitch and looks better than he really is.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
He's a good player and that price he would be a very good addition in a position we're short. I'm suprised he ended up at West Ham, thought he'd go to a club like Everton.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Huntelaar, Zaha, Strootman, Isco (only if!).

Joining Wilshere, Arteta, and Cazorla.

That's the winning combination for the 4th-place Holy Grail and perhaps a trophy in cup competition.

Just like when Arteta, Benayou, and Per joining with JVP leading the front.

truth_hurts

a realistic wishlist:

Out:

Fabianski
Squillaci
Djourou
Ramsey (loan)
Arshavin
Chamakh

In:

Mbwia
Tiote/M'Villa
Sturridge
Zaha

Out are all the players who are offering little to nothing to the squad in are a talented defender who can play across the defence and will be available for a decent price, some power in our midfield and two pacey, direct English forwards who can score goals and are Gooners!!!! Theo has been left out of the equation in the hope he signs a new deal.

Flow

Realistic:

Push Cazorla out wide when playing Giroud.
Buy a strong CM.
Buy a pacy striker. (eg. Rémy)
Buy a left back
Buy Zaha.
New contract for Walcott.

OUT
Arshavin, Chamakh, Santos and Gervinho.

ST: Giroud, x
LW: Podolski, Zaha
RW: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain
AM: Cazorla, Rosicky
CM: Wilshere, Arteta
CM: x, Diaby
LB: x, Gibbs
CB: Vermaelen Mertesacker Koscielny Djourou
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson
GK: Szczesny, Fabianski, Mannone

Sam the Duck

What about Hiroshi Kiyotake from Nürnberg? I've never seen him play but he seems to be doing well and might be available for comparatively little money.

Loken

A perfect window.

£6m - Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Loan - Thierry Henry
£10-15m - Luiz Gustavo/Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa
£8m - Wilfried Zaha (OPTIONAL)

truth_hurts

Loken said:
A perfect window.

Loan - Thierry Henry

A proven goalscorer who will convert chances
Some midfield stability
A club legend as a bench option
One of Englands most exciting prosects

Yes I'd be pretty happy with that. New Sagna/Walcott contracts and diaby back and i'd be over the moon!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Segway said:
Loken said:
A perfect window.

Loan - Thierry Henry

I'd take that.

Huntelaar would want to be starting every match. I also don't think we need a similar striker to Giroud. People are just assuming that he will hit the ground running and start scoring goals. He may also need an adaptation period. There is no guarantee he will score goals. What I would rather see is a more athletic centre forward who links up with the midfield and wingers, offering more energy. Someone who can turn the defence.

Luiz Gustavo just had groin surgery and is highly regarded by Bayern Munich. He is not available.

Mbiwa signed a new contract in November, so he is quite happy where he is.

I'd say Zaha and Henry are the realistic options from that list. Wenger said he wanted to sign two players, hopefully Henry doesn't count as one of the two.

Ideally we need a left sided winger. I don't think we will let Walcott go in January, but it would be nice to have a replacement for him and for Gervinho. I can't see Wenger buying a midfielder or a striker.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Willian anyone? I've saw little of him but he looks to potentially have something to solve our dilemma up front.

truth_hurts

AFC-Phil said:
Willian anyone? I've saw little of him but he looks to potentially have something to solve our dilemma up front.

Definitely good enough but with the money he gets at Shaktar plus the probability that they will go further in Europe than us don't see why he would leave to come here.

gooner_23

-Jovetic
-Isco
-Gustavo
-Nani

Jovetic, Isco and Gustavo are enough to get this club back on its tracks. Nani would be a bit of a luxury if we could get the rest. It's almost painful how unrealistic this wish list is for our club though. Either way some drastic changes will be needed in January if we want to challenge for any silverware. The premier league title is probably too far gone already.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Bossa said:
Lukaku is not even good enough for West Brom.

Think the potential is there, he made a bad move going to Chelsea as they have no patience or interest in developing players over a few years. He's scored 5 PL goals for WBA and hasn't really been a consistent starter, that's not bad tbf & more than our strikers are doing so far.

Wenger could make this kid great IMO.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom