• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vela

Established Member
Out - Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci, Arshavin, Denilson, Diaby, Santos, Djourou, Ramsey (loan), Chamakh, Park, Gervinho, Bendtner.

Dwangoon

Loken said:
Wish List -

Lewandowski
Gustavo / Yanga-Mbiwa
Isco (Or tie down Walcott to a new deal)
Begovic
Henry (Season Loan)

Realistic Wish List -

Huntelaar / Llorente / Demba Ba
Diame
Zaha (Tie down Walcott)
Henry (Season Loan)

Reality -

Henry (6 week loan)

Been lurking around and watched so many wishlist... this one is the closest. The reality part, :lol:

Anyway in my first FM13 window at Arsenal... I Bought:
Mbiwa 13M (50k/week + 10k per appearance)
Luiz Gustavo 11M (65k/week + 13k per appearance)
Jovetic 17M (100k/week + 15k per appearance)
Adryan 875k
Walcott recontracts (70k/week + 8k per appearance)(probably his demands in real life is higher, can always give him a 15k per appearance if he still wish to stay that is.)

Only managed to get rid of:
Djourou(5m ajax)
Gervinho(12.5m porto) lol.
Arshavin(5m juve)
Chamakh(loan+5.5m option, lisbon)
Santos (loan+3.4m option, lisbon)

and loan/sell some youngsters... Squid didn't want to leave when I accepted Southampton 850k bid. Diaby, noone will pay for injury proness.

I realised I got rid a lot of deadweight on wages and free up transfer fee and wage budget. Not forgetting I haven't deal with a bunch of others, and some already loaned out like Park, Denilson, W.Silva, J.Campbell, Bendtner etc.

Invincible

Established Member
Vela said:
Out - Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci, Arshavin, Denilson, Diaby, Santos, Djourou, Ramsey (loan), Chamakh, Park, Gervinho, Bendtner.
Blimey, that's almost an entire squad! Damn you board, damn you for forcing all these duds on poor old Arsène!

Vela

Established Member
Do you disagree with the that list though? We've still got some good players and there is a English core in the current Arsenal.

Szczęsny, Gibbs, Verm, Per, Kos, Jenk, Sagna, Arteta, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ramsey, Santi, Rosicky, Theo, Chamberlain, Podolski, Giroud.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
AnthonyG said:
I highly doubt you can just rip up someone's contract and get out of paying him the full amount. These contracts are guaranteed I would've though, various clauses notwithstanding.

I don't know anything about contract law, but surely there is some solution.

For instance, if Squillaci is earning 40k here a week here, and has 2 years left on his contract (=£4m in earnings) could we agree to pay half of fee up front (£2m), with another team then able to take them on straight away? That means that even if he drops his wage to 25k at the new club, he'll make £4.4m in the period he'd have earned £4m in otherwise.

This way, the player could potentially earn more, we could pay less in wages, we're rid of the player and a weaker team gets use of a solid defender who just happens to not be good enough for us.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Now that we supposedly have money to spend in January:

James Rodriguez or Stevan Jovetic
Luiz Gustavo or Lars Bender
Edison Cavani

These are realistic targets and yet none of them will ever happen!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
@Finngooner james rodriguez and cavani i think its hard to get them porto will surly ask 30m for rodriguez cuz he is great talent and napoli will ask 30-40m for cavani cuz he is world class striker.

Wouterus

FinnGooner said:

Edison Cavani

There are maybe 10 players in the world who are less realistic targets than Cavani..

leo_ense

Established Member
_____________Reina___________
_Sagna_Koscielny_M'biwa_Gibbs__
_______S. Bender__Arteta_______
____________Wilshere__________
_Walcott__Lewandowski__Cazorla_

FinnGooner

Established Member
Wouterus said:
FinnGooner said:

Edison Cavani

There are maybe 10 players in the world who are less realistic targets than Cavani..

Why? He is on 40k/week or something so we could easily triple his wages. He has indicated that he would like to play in England at some point and surely City and ManU won't go for him as they are stacked with forwards and with Chelsea going after Falcao, we could have a shot. Not gonna happen, though, but I don't see Cavani as an impossible target. If we can afford to pay Diaby 60k/week for Aquajogging, we can pay Cavani double for playing football.

mo50

Established Member
Cavani would cost more than triple our transfer record. That's never ever going to happen this January or any time soon.

Wouterus

Even if we can/are willing to pay him, (which is unlikely) he will never come to us. The chances of winning trophies with Arsenal are as small if not smaller than at Napoli. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Real Madrid, they need a world class CF.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
FinnGooner said:
Wouterus said:
FinnGooner said:

Edison Cavani

Why? He is on 40k/week or something so we could easily triple his wages. He has indicated that he would like to play in England at some point and surely City and ManU won't go for him as they are stacked with forwards and with Chelsea going after Falcao, we could have a shot. Not gonna happen, though, but I don't see Cavani as an impossible target. If we can afford to pay Diaby 60k/week for Aquajogging, we can pay Cavani double for playing football.
When Cavani eventually leaves Napoli, it'll be for an astronomical fee, I'm talking 40-50m. We wont ever pay anything remotely close to that for anyone, unfortunately.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Media has it that AC Milan are looking to raise funds quickly. The one player I woud take off them in a heartbeat is stefan el shaarawy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Clearing out the dead wood would be better than any one off £30 mil signing.

Every club has em but Arsenal is beyond a joke in that regard.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
DJ_Markstar said:
AnthonyG said:
I highly doubt you can just rip up someone's contract and get out of paying him the full amount. These contracts are guaranteed I would've thought, various clauses notwithstanding.

For instance, if Squillaci is earning 40k here a week here, and has 2 years left on his contract (=£4m in earnings) could we agree to pay half of fee up front (£2m), with another team then able to take them on straight away? That means that even if he drops his wage to 25k at the new club, he'll make £4.4m in the period he'd have earned £4m in otherwise.

This way, the player could potentially earn more, we could pay less in wages, we're rid of the player and a weaker team gets use of a solid defender who just happens to not be good enough for us.
Sure, sounds good even. Loans can achieve the same thing too. Just didn't agree (or think possible) about tearing up contracts early.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
DJ_Markstar said:
AnthonyG said:
I highly doubt you can just rip up someone's contract and get out of paying him the full amount. These contracts are guaranteed I would've though, various clauses notwithstanding.

I can deal with this one.

If we wanted Squillaci to leave before his contract expired, we could either release him and pay out the remainder of his deal (£4m as you have listed above) or we could agree to terminate the contract for a fee, basically a full and final payment of all of our obligations under his existing contract. We could agree a deal for lets say £2m and for that amount he walks away from the club and could sign with somebody tomorrow as he would effectively become a free agent.

The problem is, at the moment, Squillaci doesn't have to play week in week out, doesn't have to train hard, doesn't have to worry about a starting spot and has access to world class facilities. He is basically being paid to travel around Europe and keep himself fit. He probabaly has a family who has settled in London so is in no rush to go anywhere.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
GK: Reina (Szez)

RB: Sagna (with an extension until 2015)
LB: Gibbs
CB: Vermaelen (Mertesacker)
CB: Koscielny

CM: Wilshere (Arteta)
CM: Diame (Diaby)

RW: Sterling (Zaha)
AM/SS: Podolski (Ox)
LW: Cazorla (Rosicky)

ST: Giroud (Ba)(Adrian)

Players in: Zaha, Adrian, Ba, Diame, Sterling and Reina.

Depending on where Gnabry is at, we could avoid having to sign Zaha.

Adrian, Ba and Diame would all be cheap additions that would strengthen us beyond doubt. Sterling is the winger we need at the club, quick, tricky, great final ball, versatile and wants to play out wide. Slight positonal changes will see our 3rd midfielder playing as a second striker as opposed to dropping to deep to defend.

Players out: The standard names.

jinjin5000

Want:
Lewandowski/Cavani
Gustavo
Isco
Navas
Henry (Loan until end of season)
Holtby

Probably:
Huntelaar (Ugh)
Some pacy winger other than Zaha