• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Now i've lost my head with this team here is my January wishlist.

Out: Fabianski 2m, Squillaci 1m, Djourou 3m, Santos 3m, Arshavin 4m, Chamakh 2m, Theo (if his mind is made up) - 15m

In: Richards 8m, Diame 4m, Huntelaar 5m, Henry (Loan), Nani/Young 4m plus Theo (fat chance) 21m

GK: Chesney, Mannone
RB: Sagna, Richards, Jenkinson
CB1: Koscielny, Mertesacker
CB2: Vermaelen, Richards
LB: Gibbs, Vermaelen, Coquellin
CM1: Arteta, Diame, Ramsey
CM2: Wilshere, Rosicky, Diaby
RW: Nani, Ox,
LW: Cazorla, Rosicky
CF: Podolski, Henry, Cazorla
ST: Giroud, Huntelaar

---------------------Szczsney-----------------------
--Sagna----Mertesacker--------Koscielny---Vermaelen--
--------------Arteta-------Wilshere------------------
----Nani---------------------------------Cazorla----
--------------------Podolski------------------------
---------------------Giroud-------------------------

Looks like a top 4 team to me and for some games you would push Wilshere up and have Diame or Diaby playing.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

truth_hurts said:

Out: Fabianski 2m, Squillaci 1m, Djourou 3m, Santos 3m, Arshavin 4m, Chamakh 2m, Theo (if his mind is made up) - 15m

In: Richards 8m, Diame 4m, Huntelaar 5m, Henry (Loan), Nani/Young 4m plus Theo (fat chance) 21m

Looks like a top 4 team to me and for some games you would push Wilshere up and have Diame or Diaby playing.

I think using your team the best option would be
Szczesny
Sagna. Richards. Mert//Koscielny. Gibbs
Diame. Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla. Huntelaar. Nani

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
truth_hurts said:

Szczesny
Diame. Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla. Huntelaar. Nani
All the pressure is on Huntelaar to score without a strike partner.

mo50

Established Member
The Benteke boat has sailed. For 7m he was an excellent pick up and Villa would probably demand triple that right now.

Exactly the type of up and coming young CF we should be looking for, we have absolutely none in our ranks.

a_fourteen

Established Member
mo50 said:
The Benteke boat has sailed. For 7m he was an excellent pick up and Villa would probably demand triple that right now.

Exactly the type of up and coming young CF we should be looking for, we have absolutely none in our ranks.
Maybe Joel Campbell?

musicmonkey

Established Member
To be fair Afobe has a brilliant youth scoring record for club and country. Always played above his age, it's only this Bolton loan that's a mark on his record. It's early days but there's Akpom who seems to be getting the special treatment that only a few of our best youngsters have had.

mo50

Established Member
Joel Campbell is a good shout. His inability to get a WP is worrisome though, and he isn't being moulded under Wenger in a crucial period in his development. There's more chance of him doing a Vela than anything else.

Afobe doesn't impress me at all. JET was more talented than him and he's amounted to nothing too.

Then again, I'm a poor judge of young strikers. I was certain Vela would make it big. I also thought Bendtner would kick on and become an excellent striker for us. Both of them have gone on to do **** all though.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Campbell is clearly the one furthest (farthest?) in terms of development and imo also talent, he's not even a year older than Afobe and has much more experience, he's a full international, and even if it's only Costa Rica, seven goals in sixteen matches is very impressive for a kid who doesn't get too much playing time at his clubs and is played out of position on top.

Also, I honestly can't see the likes of Afobe scoring a goal like Campbell's at the Riazor.

a_fourteen

Established Member
mo50 said:
Joel Campbell is a good shout. His inability to get a WP is worrisome though, and he isn't being moulded under Wenger in a crucial period in his development. There's more chance of him doing a Vela than anything else.

Afobe doesn't impress me at all. JET was more talented than him and he's amounted to nothing too.

Then again, I'm a poor judge of young strikers. I was certain Vela would make it big. I also thought Bendtner would kick on and become an excellent striker for us. Both of them have gone on to do **** all though.
He should get a work permit in summer based on his appearances for Costa Rica. I think he's met the requirement of being selected more than 70% for a national team or something similar.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Benteke is an arsenal fan and its very good news for us. he is very good player watch him today against today against liverpool he hold the ball very well he is tactical player as well his movements are not bad and he is good finisher. we really need to make a bid for him next summer if his form keep it up but im sure he will cost at least 15m next summer.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
----------------------- begovic -----------------------

-- lichtsteiner -- mertesacker - chiellini -- baines --

----------- schweinsteiger ---- wilshere --------------

-- el shaaraway --------- götze ---------- griezmann --

----------------------- cavani ------------------------

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i actually haven't seen him play in a while, but the 4-5 times i watched him last season i was impressed.

and i forgot cazorla in my lineup above, i guess he can play that left flank role and greizmann can sit on the bench

Pea-Tear-Griffin

truth_hurts said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
truth_hurts said:

Szczesny
Diame. Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla. Huntelaar. Nani
All the pressure is on Huntelaar to score without a strike partner.
I think he would be able to deal with that and Giroud should not be in the starting line up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
a_fourteen said:
I was just wondering.....

What if.....

Arsène....

Doesn't sign anyone!!! Huh!

well mate if he dose not sign anyone next window then he is the most stubborn person in this world. i see him signing at least 2 players next window.

dpt49

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
I was just wondering.....

What if.....

Arsène....

Doesn't sign anyone!!! Huh!
I think we will get at least Henry, on loan, and possibly a squad player but no big signings.

Top Bottom