• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

evoh_1

Established Member
Oscar isn't a thing like kaka, kaka was all about technique and being a pure athlete oscar has talent yes but he is no athlete.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
mavelous said:
45m for cesc and song. deal?

I'd pay 45m for Cesc! not bothered about Song really. I think Cesc might ride this Barca storm for a little longer as he'll be a guaranteed starter the year after next. Him, Tiago, Busquets are barca's future midfield 3.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
mavelous said:
Dutch D said:
Strootman is in no way, shape or form similar to Kaka.

your unpredictable, valuable and insightful contribution is much appreciated.

The statement doesn't really warrant an in depth response, but for some slight elaboration; Strootman is an enforcer, albeit a talented one, but still an enforcer. How this comparison came to be I have no clue. He does have a tendency to go forward and good ball control, which is nice because most enforcers/midfielder have a tendency for the side pass or slowing down the play due to lack of technique/ball control.

Proof

Established Member
Ogbonna, Strootman, Isco and Jovetic.

- Szczesny -
- Sagna - Ogbonna- Koscielny - Monreal -
- Strootman - Wilshere - Isco -
- Walcott - Jovetic - Cazorla -

edit: I forgot about him :lol:

Wouterus

Proof said:
Ogbonna, Strootman, Isco and Jovetic.

- Szczesny -
- Sagna - Ogbonna- Koscielny - Monreal -
- Strootman - Wilshere - Isco -
- Walcott - Jovetic - Podolski -
Leaving Cazorla out of the starting eleven?
Santi_Cazorla_706139s.jpg

Good one.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Dutch D said:
mavelous said:
Dutch D said:
Strootman is in no way, shape or form similar to Kaka.

your unpredictable, valuable and insightful contribution is much appreciated.

The statement doesn't really warrant an in depth response, but for some slight elaboration; Strootman is an enforcer, albeit a talented one, but still an enforcer. How this comparison came to be I have no clue. He does have a tendency to go forward and good ball control, which is nice because most enforcers/midfielder have a tendency for the side pass or slowing down the play due to lack of technique/ball control.

you would, if you had read my post - in fact yourself alluded to his driving runs and ball control. which is exactly what i said "his dribbling reminds me of kaka". you don't have to be a carbon copy or identical twin of someone to have a parallel. and not every parallel is a direct comparison.

had to rain on my parade didnt' you :evil: :argue

say yes

forum master baiter
Hmmm.

- Jovetic
- Villa
- Julio Cesar
- DM
- Top top top CB
- Isco

Wouldn't that be nice. All of those apart from Villa/Cesar should cost £20m+ so we're looking at a summer expenditure of ~ £100m, so will never happen. But that's what I think we need to get us competitive again.

Floating

Established Member
say yes said:
Hmmm.

- Jovetic
- Villa
- Julio Cesar
- DM
- Top top top CB
- Isco

Wouldn't that be nice. All of those apart from Villa/Cesar should cost £20m+ so we're looking at a summer expenditure of ~ £100m, so will never happen. But that's what I think we need to get us competitive again.

Who do you think would be a top, top, top CB?

say yes

forum master baiter
No idea.

May not even be one available. However if there is one available out there, I'd make him a priority signing.

From my meagre scouting knowledge, the only 'available' defender about I can think of that has that aura about him would be Dede from Vasco. Whenever I read articles about Brazilian football he always seems to be mentioned as the biggest talent over there (apart from Neymar). Already been voted into the 100 best brazilian players of all time and Vasco have said he's going to be leaving in the summer.

I didn't name him (or anyone else for that matter) because I'm not going to pretend for one second I've ever seen him play but it would be nice (to say the least) to have a world class CB at arsenal again.

Floating

Established Member
say yes said:
No idea.

May not even be one available. However if there is one available out there, I'd make him a priority signing.

From my meagre scouting knowledge, the only 'available' defender about I can think of that has that aura about him would be Dede from Vasco. Whenever I read articles about Brazilian football he always seems to be mentioned as the biggest talent over there (apart from Neymar). Already been voted into the 100 best brazilian players of all time and Vasco have said he's going to be leaving in the summer.

I didn't name him (or anyone else for that matter) because I'm not going to pretend for one second I've ever seen him play but it would be nice (to say the least) to have a world class CB at arsenal again.

Wow, interesting option. Why hasn't he been snapped up by a top club yet? How much do you think he would go for?

Ogbonna is another CB we've been heavily linked to in the past, which may have some legs. However, I'm not so sure we would sell Vermaelen/Mertesacker this summer and buy someone new.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
while city and chelsea try the hardest to find financial loopholes, we should go ahead and install our own version of an offshore base... in portugal. basically, to get our hands on top south americal (esp. brazilian) talent.

how, i have no idea.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jovetic - 20-25m
Gonalons - 10-15m
If Vermaelen leaves then Ogbonna and promote Miquel as 4th choice
Aurier/Corchia/Rangel/Richards for Sagna, will cost about the same

Floating

Established Member
say yes said:
Really couldn't tell you if I'm honest. As I say, I know nothing about him other than he's supposed to be very very good. Here's an article Tim Vickery wrote on him about two years ago:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's been linked around (just type Dede into google) but it's quite hard to prise the top Brazilian players out of Brazil e.g. Neymar, Thiago Silva.

In doing some research on him, I found a thread on redcafe discussing him (he's linked to united a lot). So obviously take this with a pinch of salt but he's what one guy had to say:

Well, I'm a homegrown Vasco supporter. Dedé, is surely one of the finest defenders in Brazil right, along with Rever. IMO, the best today. Should've been a starter in the Olympics, but got injuried.

He is surely a fine defender, a little shaky after his injury some time ago, but he's tall, strong, fast as ****, and a beast in intercepting passes.

Ricardo Gomes isn't the coach anymore, last year he had a stroke on the bench during a game against rivals Flamengo, and his assistent had taken over, but was fired last week. But his role in the development and build up of the player was immense.

Best defender in the country since Thiago Silva. And I'll go further and say I think he's maybe better today, than Thiago was when in Brazil.

Anyway I feel like I'm talking out of my ass cause I've literally never seen him play so I'm gonna stop there. There was a reason I didn't name him (or anyone else) for that CB position :lol:

Ogbonna sounds like a very interesting option too. Would be nice to hear the views of someone who watches Serie A.

Want.

say yes

forum master baiter
Really couldn't tell you if I'm honest. As I say, I know nothing about him other than he's supposed to be very very good. Here's an article Tim Vickery wrote on him about two years ago:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede</a>

He's been linked around (just type Dede into google) but it's quite hard to prise the top Brazilian players out of Brazil e.g. Neymar, Thiago Silva.

In doing some research on him, I found a thread on redcafe discussing him (he's linked to united a lot). So obviously take this with a pinch of salt but he's what one guy had to say:

Well, I'm a homegrown Vasco supporter. Dedé, is surely one of the finest defenders in Brazil right, along with Rever. IMO, the best today. Should've been a starter in the Olympics, but got injuried.

He is surely a fine defender, a little shaky after his injury some time ago, but he's tall, strong, fast as ****, and a beast in intercepting passes.

Ricardo Gomes isn't the coach anymore, last year he had a stroke on the bench during a game against rivals Flamengo, and his assistent had taken over, but was fired last week. But his role in the development and build up of the player was immense.

Best defender in the country since Thiago Silva. And I'll go further and say I think he's maybe better today, than Thiago was when in Brazil.

Anyway I feel like I'm talking out of my ass cause I've literally never seen him play so I'm gonna stop there. There was a reason I didn't name him (or anyone else) for that CB position :lol:

Ogbonna sounds like a very interesting option too. Would be nice to hear the views of someone who watches Serie A.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
There are a few decent Brazilians in Serie A as well, Marquinhos is rated highly, haven't seen that much of him though. Inter's Juan Jesus is surely one to watch out for.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
-------------------Reina----------------
--Sagna---Koscielny--Sakho/Williams-Monreal
------------Strootman--Wilshere------------
-----Theo---------Cazorla------Sanchez---
-------------------Jovetic---------------

-----------------Szczseny---------------
--Jenks--Mertesacker---Miquel-----Gibbs--
-------------Ramsey----Arteta-------------
----Oxlade------Podolski--------Campbell--
------------------Giroud-----------------

In: Reina 10m,Sakho/Williams 8-12 million, Strootman 15m, Sanchez 10m plus owed fees for Song/Cesc, Jovetic 24m total 67m - 71m

Out: Fabianski 0, Vermaelen 12m, Santos 2m, Diaby 5m, Rosicky 2m, Arshavin 0, Chamakh 2m, Park 2m, Gervinho 6m Bentner 4m total 35m

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
while city and chelsea try the hardest to find financial loopholes, we should go ahead and install our own version of an offshore base... in portugal. basically, to get our hands on top south americal (esp. brazilian) talent.

how, i have no idea.

The way to get an offshore base is to have a feeder club in the nation - in this case Portugal.

Me thinks that Portugal has the same arrangement as Spain in that they don't require EU visas for players from nations that speak the same language as a result of being former colonies. That's how Spain can get Spanish speaking players from Sth & Central America,
and presumably Portugal re Brazil.
The Russian & Ukranian clubs are not part of the EU & so have no issue re work visas.

EDIT - IIRC the trick is to have a 'feeder' club arrangement in a nation that has the shortest qualification period for EU visas (which may be the likes of Spain & Belgium), as otherwise you need to wait for the 'foreign' player to qualify for dual nationality which would normally take longer unless they could claim dual citizenship via birth rights (as per many of the recent former African colonies).

Top Bottom