• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd prefer Williams out of those two. He strikes as someone who could turn out to be an astute buy, has some qualities that we lack in defence and might compliment the current lot.

Mind you, I don't see a CB coming in tbh.

DanAust

I think both would improve our squad. Personally I'd like to see replacements coming in at the top end, in terms of quality, but as long as our squad is better overall, I'd be happy and both could help achieve that

fabo

6.51 / 10
Dunno about Schneiderlinn. Watched him a bit more closely since we've been linked - he definitely does a job but I think we have to look for better in midfield.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
Benzema. Wenger could bring this lad up a level. Plus he's more of a proper ST than Jovetic, who plays off a ST for the most part.

Benzema largely positions himself outside the box, which is one of the problems I have with him, but I agree in general that he would be a more ideal signing.

trunks206

Established Member
Yaya Toure on a free. F' what he gets paid a week, without the huge fee for a player of his quality we could justify the wages over the course of the contract.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4850280/Yaya-Toure-heading-for-Man-City-exit-on-principle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... ciple.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theo is our highest paid player at 100k per week so about 5.2m per year. If we got Yaya on 200-250k per week, yes its high, but I'd only be 11m-13m per year so 33m-39m over the course of a 3 year contract which is what many are willing the throw at talanted youngsters/unproven strikers on here.

Despite Mancini's comments from today, City are stalling on contract talks (one without player wage increase demands) and he feels he isnt appreciated enough, but if he came here he'd become a legend as he helped us to the PL title or two and maybe a CL trophy. Wenger Is a huge admirer of him and feels he was someone who got away (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-knew-yaya-would-be-a-top-class-player-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ss-player-</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) so hopefully he makes up for it ASAP!

An area we need to improve upon, true world class player and hell even the best in his position, used to the PL...*tick, tick, and tick*...what other boxes are there to fill again? I mean imagine replacing Diaby, Ramsey and/or Coquelin in the starting lineup with Yaya freaking Toure next season...

hand-fapping-38246.gif

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yaya is the best midfielder in the PL, but it's not happening. Wages are too high.

Mind you, he's not in the same bracket as Keane & Vieira - Yaya has major problems off the ball which those two don't. On the ball he is magnificent, makes it look easy with his choice of pass and movement. Couple that with quality technique, intelligence, physicality.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
Dunno about Schneiderlinn. Watched him a bit more closely since we've been linked - he definitely does a job but I think we have to look for better in midfield.

Ultimately it comes down to what AW sees as being the position or role he wants to cover.
Schneiderlinn leads the PL by head & shoulders above everyone for interceptions & tackles, yet he's a converted AM like Arteta or Dembele.
IMO he could rotate with Arteta's position without the need to change the role.
His positioning & anticipation is already quality as seen by his interceptions, and he's also not afraid to tackle but looks to have better technique and positioning than Song.

IMO as a relatively unknown player who is already PL ready & perhaps cheaper than the likes of Gonalons, Capoue, Wanyama, Strootman - it's a no brainer.

Williams has the added bonus of HG status.

marv3llous

Yaya is reaching the age where he could suddenly drop off physically and we would have another lumpy overpaid player in our hands after 1 or 2 years. If he would come on a "normal" wage (100k) i wouldnt mind, but paying him 150-200k would be stupid. And his contract isnt ending anyway, he still has a couple of years left - he just wants an extension, right? So we cant get him for free.

Anzac

Established Member
Looks like the Spanish Govt has been forced to make the football clubs pay back their taxes & other debts owed.
Talk on caughtoffside has us interested in the likes of Costa and Soldado as a result.

I'd like to put Isco & Munian on my shopping list,
but perhaps the real opportunities could be in regards to 'foreign' players seeing as they are going to lose much of their tax advantages?

Forgetting Barca & Real, with a question mark over Malaga's status,
who is there that you'd like to make an offer they can't refuse so to speak?

Vela

Established Member
GK - Szczesny, New Goalkeeper
LB - Gibbs, Monreal
RB - New Right Back, Jenkinson (Going by Sagna leaving)
CB - Kos, Verm, Per, New CB
CM - Wilshere, Ramsey, Arteta, New Midfielder (maybe two)
AM - Santi, New Winger/Creative Player
LW - Podolski, New Winger/Creative Player
RW - Walcott, Chamberlain
ST - New Striker, Giroud, Back up striker

In - GK, RB, CB, CM (box-to-box), Winger/Creative Player, Striker
Out - Mannone, Fabianski, Sagna, JD, Santos, Park, Denilson, Frimpong, Bendnter, Chamakh, Santos, Squillaci, Arshavin, Rosicky, Coquelin

Going by Fabianski and Frimpong contract expiring and Coquelin leaving for first-team football.

oh to be a goon

Diaby => Gonalons
Fabianski (dependent on performance in remaining games) => Begovic
Vermaelen => Williams
Arshavin => Gnabry
Rosicky => Eisfeld
Loanees => no one since they aren't really part of our team anyways
Squillaci => Hayden (position) and Jovetic (squad place)
Possible:
Sagna => Caceres/Piszczek
Gervinho => Pizzi

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1583525-6-defensive-midfielders-with-a-rising-stock-in-world-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1583 ... d-football</a>

Bigbludfire

Established Member
The father of Barcelona's Thiago has revealed the midfielder is hopeful of securing a move away from the Camp Nou in the summer in a bid to play more regularly.

Thiago has been forced to settle for appearances off the bench for Barcelona this season, with Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergiou Busquets keeping him out of the starting line-up.

The Italian-born Thiago was hopeful of establishing himself in the first team with Barca, but his father insists another season with the club will stunt his future prospects.

The comments from Thiago's father Mazinho have sparked further rumours that the 21-year-old will join Manchester United next season.

"My son would play a lot more in any other team in the world," he said, according to the Daily Mail. "He's learning a lot playing with great players but Thiago is very ambitious and needs to play.

"No one knows what might happen in the future. Football changes a lot and anything can happen. If Thiago wants to go to the 2014 World Cup, he needs to play much more.

"Thiago has the quality to succeed at Barca. But he'd play a lot more at another club. He'd get into any other team in the world.

"I don't know if Barca are buying more players in the summer. They already have a lot of players who can play in the middle. Also, [Thiago's brother] Rafinha will be part of the first team squad next season."
<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh god yes please!! :shock:

Wouterus

Why do all those fathers get so much attention lately? Who cares what they say, they are usually more biased than the players themselves.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Bigbludfire said:
The father of Barcelona's Thiago has revealed the midfielder is hopeful of securing a move away from the Camp Nou in the summer in a bid to play more regularly.

Thiago has been forced to settle for appearances off the bench for Barcelona this season, with Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergiou Busquets keeping him out of the starting line-up.

The Italian-born Thiago was hopeful of establishing himself in the first team with Barca, but his father insists another season with the club will stunt his future prospects.

The comments from Thiago's father Mazinho have sparked further rumours that the 21-year-old will join Manchester United next season.

"My son would play a lot more in any other team in the world," he said, according to the Daily Mail. "He's learning a lot playing with great players but Thiago is very ambitious and needs to play.

"No one knows what might happen in the future. Football changes a lot and anything can happen. If Thiago wants to go to the 2014 World Cup, he needs to play much more.

"Thiago has the quality to succeed at Barca. But he'd play a lot more at another club. He'd get into any other team in the world.

"I don't know if Barca are buying more players in the summer. They already have a lot of players who can play in the middle. Also, [Thiago's brother] Rafinha will be part of the first team squad next season."
<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh god yes please!! :shock:

Imagine a Wilshere, Thiago future midfield. :D

Top Bottom