• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DanAust

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Imagine a Wilshere, Thiago future midfield. :D

We have one small advantage if we want to get him, Cesc and Song seem to have taken a leaf out of Xavi's book and spruik Arsenal from the inside the camp.

Cesc - "Oh yeah, Arsenal? Man, if you want to play in England, you cant go past Arsenal. Stable club in London, big stadium, great facilities, CL every year for the last decade and a half, they give chances to young guys - like they did for Alex and I, plus there's a couple of guys you already know there."

Song - "**** going to Manchester, London is awesome...So's Arsenal... to be honest I wish I never left."

Thiago - "Yeah Thierry and Hleb use to say that too."

DanAust

The Mirror are wishlisting

"German engineering: Arsenal plan £70m Bundesliga raid for Mario Goetze, Lars Bender and Robert Lewandowski"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-plan-1794169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-1794169</a>

dpt49

Established Member
DanAust said:
The Mirror are wishlisting

"German engineering: Arsenal plan £70m Bundesliga raid for Mario Goetze, Lars Bender and Robert Lewandowski"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-gunners-plan-1794169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-1794169</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Meanwhile, back on planet Earth.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Bigbludfire said:
The father of Barcelona's Thiago has revealed the midfielder is hopeful of securing a move away from the Camp Nou in the summer in a bid to play more regularly.

Thiago has been forced to settle for appearances off the bench for Barcelona this season, with Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Sergiou Busquets keeping him out of the starting line-up.

The Italian-born Thiago was hopeful of establishing himself in the first team with Barca, but his father insists another season with the club will stunt his future prospects.

The comments from Thiago's father Mazinho have sparked further rumours that the 21-year-old will join Manchester United next season.

"My son would play a lot more in any other team in the world," he said, according to the Daily Mail. "He's learning a lot playing with great players but Thiago is very ambitious and needs to play.

"No one knows what might happen in the future. Football changes a lot and anything can happen. If Thiago wants to go to the 2014 World Cup, he needs to play much more.

"Thiago has the quality to succeed at Barca. But he'd play a lot more at another club. He'd get into any other team in the world.

"I don't know if Barca are buying more players in the summer. They already have a lot of players who can play in the middle. Also, [Thiago's brother] Rafinha will be part of the first team squad next season."
<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/ne...ca-exit?cc=3888</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh god yes please!! :shock:

Imagine a Wilshere, Thiago future midfield. :D

probably be very similar to Wilshere/Cazorla! Thiago will stay.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
Looks like the Spanish Govt has been forced to make the football clubs pay back their taxes & other debts owed.
Talk on caughtoffside has us interested in the likes of Costa and Soldado as a result.

I'd like to put Isco & Munian on my shopping list,
but perhaps the real opportunities could be in regards to 'foreign' players seeing as they are going to lose much of their tax advantages?

Forgetting Barca & Real, with a question mark over Malaga's status,
who is there that you'd like to make an offer they can't refuse so to speak?

Ignacio Camacho and Toulalan from Malaga for me, very good DMs and Camacho's still only 22. Isco would be an expensive sexy signing but probably has a long way to go, so I'm not sure it's the best for us right now. Benat looks good although I'm not sure if he's defensively strong enough.

Soldado is a proven a goal scorer so wouldn't be bad at all, neither would be Negredo. Although I can see people being disapointed at the lack of sexyness of it all.

Vela has pushed on and been 1 of the best forwards in La Liga this year scoring 12 times and assisting 8 times in 24 games.

These are all pretty realistic for us I think.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Now that Abou is broken I need a new” next zidane” fix. Erik sen doesn't look like happening, strootman and granero, although fine players, don't exactly for the type. I'm going with ganso, since we won't be getting this dmid or ”b2b” on a white horse anyway.

And before any of you miserable monks jump on me, note the emphasis in next, not ” exactly like”, so you may go do one

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I'm not saying he isn't a great player but Zizi's stats aren't the greatest, only going double figures for assists twice:

1988-1989 Cannes GP 2 G - A -
1989-1990 Cannes GP 0 G - A -
1990-1991 Cannes GP 28 G 1 A -
1991-1992 Cannes GP 31 G 5 A -
1992-1993 Bordeaux GP 35 G 10 A 6
1993-1994 Bordeaux GP 34 G 6 A 8
1994-1995 Bordeaux GP 37 G 6 A 4
1995-1996 Bordeaux GP 34 G 6 A 10
1996-1997 Juventus GP 29 G 5 A 2
1997-1998 Juventus GP 32 G 7 A 5
1998-1999 Juventus GP 25 G 2 A 2
1999-2000 Juventus GP 32 G 4 A 3
2000-2001 Juventus GP 33 G 6 A 14
2001-2002 Real Madrid GP 31 G 7 A 7
2002-2003 Real Madrid GP 33 G 9 A 9
2003-2004 Real Madrid GP 33 G 6 A 8
2004-2005 Real Madrid GP 29 G 6 A 5
2005-2006 Real Madrid GP 29 G 9 A 9

trunks206

Established Member
say yes said:
Really couldn't tell you if I'm honest. As I say, I know nothing about him other than he's supposed to be very very good. Here's an article Tim Vickery wrote on him about two years ago:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/talent-scout-dede</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's been linked around (just type Dede into google) but it's quite hard to prise the top Brazilian players out of Brazil e.g. Neymar, Thiago Silva.

In doing some research on him, I found a thread on redcafe discussing him (he's linked to united a lot). So obviously take this with a pinch of salt but he's what one guy had to say:

Well, I'm a homegrown Vasco supporter. Dedé, is surely one of the finest defenders in Brazil right, along with Rever. IMO, the best today. Should've been a starter in the Olympics, but got injuried.

He is surely a fine defender, a little shaky after his injury some time ago, but he's tall, strong, fast as ****, and a beast in intercepting passes.

Ricardo Gomes isn't the coach anymore, last year he had a stroke on the bench during a game against rivals Flamengo, and his assistent had taken over, but was fired last week. But his role in the development and build up of the player was immense.

Best defender in the country since Thiago Silva. And I'll go further and say I think he's maybe better today, than Thiago was when in Brazil.

Anyway I feel like I'm talking out of my ass cause I've literally never seen him play so I'm gonna stop there. There was a reason I didn't name him (or anyone else) for that CB position :lol:

I know this convo was from a bit ago but I was reading a piece on Bazillian stadiums on the BBC by Tim Vickery (their south american football reporter) and in the questions section he answered a Liverpool fan's question about Dede. See below...

Dede, the Brazilian centre-back that plays for Vasco da Gama, was recently linked with my club Liverpool. Because I have not seen him play, would you be able to shine light on what type of player he is and whether he is worth the reported £12m-15m figures? Also what are Liverpool's chances of signing him and are Vasco willing to sell? Bilaal Mayet

"I would have thought he's worth every penny. He's a towering centre back, quick over the ground, commanding in the air and capable of bringing the ball out of defence. His characteristics would be well suited to European football - though he might need some good man-management off the field to help him settle in.

"Vasco are in financial trouble and are resigned to losing him soon. Corinthians have shown an interest, but Vasco would prefer not to sell him to a Brazilian rival. He has some international caps, and so would have a chance of getting a work permit."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21993838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21993838</a>

Hmm so he's very well rated? Tall, good in the air, AND fast? His club is in financial trouble? Only 12-15m? Done deal, sign him up Arsène!

Pea-Tear-Griffin

With Sagna's possible departure, what would people's opinions be on Andreas Beck, with him being linked previously and Hoffenheim nearly certain to be relegated.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Was never good enough for us even in his best time at Hoffenheim, and has been garbage for two seasons now.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He's below Jenkinson level at the moment, with the whole of Hoffenheim in collective meltdown (they appointed their fourth manager this season today). There are some players that are worth raiding Hoffenheim for though, Volland being the top contender, impressed very much in a shambles of a team, in his first season in the top flight at 20 years old no less. There are a few other talented players like Firmino or Real's Joselu, but they are bigger gambles, especially the Brazilian with the usual party/attitude problems you hear about so often.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i can't believe you guys are turning your noses up at players like jovetic and strootman. the ability to play

1) high tempo, physically demanding game

2) with exquisite skill under pressure

3) and what seems to be like "footballing intelligence" with the way they play for the team, and think like coaches on the pitch, or understand their own and the team's role.

think about it - technical, tidy game at a high-tempo. the physical, hard-working types everyone likes to scream for. showing tactical aptitude early earn. good age to show get, just about the end of their developmental phase and about to go into the peak period (especially physically)

actually no, just keep banging on about run-of-the-mill FM stars and the blogger favorites. :)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Agree, I think Strootman has gone from a bit under the radar to overrated in the course of this season.

Top Bottom