• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sottobosco

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Luis Muriel Striker good player playing with Udinese he is 21 years old he could be really great player in future.

Seems very talented, have you seen any/much of Quintero?

If you mean the Colombian playmaker, then yes he has made some impressive plays. He was in my opinion the best player of the 2013 U20 Sudamericano and I would expect him to be in full Colombian team in time for WC14. Luis Muriel I am not a fan of.

Well, I'm a homegrown Vasco supporter. Dedé, is surely one of the finest defenders in Brazil right, along with Rever. IMO, the best today. Should've been a starter in the Olympics, but got injuried.

I value Rever above Dede, at this stage I see Dede as mostly hype but future potential is fairly good.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
how about this for a front 6

------- vidal ---- wilshere -----

-- walcott -- cazorla -- reus --

----------- villa ---------------

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:

Way too small throughout - Vidal is your tallest player at 5'11 and you've got to compensate for Cazorla and Wilshere.

iced22

I'd say it would give us great creativity and a fast, fluid frontline, but it leaves Vidal as the only player with any sort of defensive nous. Even then, it's still extremely prone to leaving space between the lines, as both Vidal and Wilshere are players that naturally push forward instead of staying disciplined in shielding the defense.

Arteta - Vidal though is a different story.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Clrnc said:
To Arsenal standards obviously and other targets.

let me guess - arsenal standards such as coquelin, frimpong? or other targets like mvila or capoue? because i wasn't aware we were chasing yaya toure or busquets, if that's the sort of standard we should target then i must've been out of the loop

Wenger14

Established Member
Floating said:
MDGoonah41 said:

Way too small throughout - Vidal is your tallest player at 5'11 and you've got to compensate for Cazorla and Wilshere.
Gonalons and Jovetic for Vidal and Villa would balance it out well. Both realistic targets too.

My wish list is for the billionaire's to come in and blow 100+m on Hummels, Gonalons, Reus and Cavani. :mrgreen:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We need some balance in midfield and stability in defence. At the moment we seem to have that a little bit but to cement it I think we need another defensive partner for Koscielny who is different to Mertesacker (TV isn't compatible), as Wilshere is clearly the future and probably our present in midfield we need a midfield partner who compliments him better than Arteta does. This is going to be tough in World Cup season though as all players will want to be starting regularly.

We also need GK competition, Sagna to stay and a spark up front.

GK: Szczseny, Fabianski (form player starts)
RB: Sagna, Jenkinson, Coquellin
LB: Monreal, Gibbs, Miquel
CB1: Koscielny, Sagna, Miquel
CB2: Mertesacker, Williams
CM1: Gonalons/Strootman, Ramsey, Coquellin
CM2: Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky
CM3: Cazorla, Chamberlain, Eisfeld
RWF: Theo, Chamberlain
LWF: Podolski, Cazorla, Villa/Jovetic
CF: Villa/Jovetic, Giroud, Podolski/Theo

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i like your thinking, young Truth. squad doesn't need that much, definitely not an overhaul like "6-7 world class" signings some posters or (unsurprisingly) blogs and "press" will have you believe.

consistency, solid summer - now that's another story. ever since we scratched austria from our summer to do list, we've struggled even for 4th. coincides with cesc departure, true..... but, IS IT a coincidence? hmmm

truth_hurts

mavelous said:
i like your thinking, young Truth. squad doesn't need that much, definitely not an overhaul like "6-7 world class" signings some posters or (unsurprisingly) blogs and "press" will have you believe.

consistency, solid summer - now that's another story. ever since we scratched austria from our summer to do list, we've struggled even for 4th. coincides with cesc departure, true..... but, IS IT a coincidence? hmmm

Definitely not! we just need to keep Sagna, have a Fabianski level keeper in the squad and have a little more luck with injuries and this squad with a few key additions will be in a good position to challenge next season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We've had pretty good luck wth injuries this year - this is a squad that's battling with Sp**s for Top 4, and has been below them for most of the season.

I'd say we need a minimum of 3, possibly 3-5 to be challenging again. I quite like Truth's list in honesty.

Then we need to rid the club of the loser mentality hanging around e.g putting a positive spin on cup exits so we save players for the Top 4 battle. So small-time.

fabo

6.51 / 10
That's gonna happen over a season though tbf, not much different to every other club. Injury excuse doesn't wash this season for me - we just have a sub-standard squad.

truth_hurts

fabo said:
We've had pretty good luck wth injuries this year - this is a squad that's battling with Sp**s for Top 4, and has been below them for most of the season.

I'd say we need a minimum of 3, possibly 3-5 to be challenging again. I quite like Truth's list in honesty.

Then we need to rid the club of the loser mentality hanging around e.g putting a positive spin on cup exits so we save players for the Top 4 battle. So small-time.

We lost Sagna, Koscielny, Diaby (shock!), Theo and Podolski at key times. Granted we haven't had many long term injuries but most of the mentioned have had lots of niggles over the year. If we replace Diaby, don't run Wilshere into the ground and bring in a forward to cover Theo and Podolski that alone will make us hugely stronger.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I still believe we need quite a few more than three or so signings, this team has been poor throughout the year, often looking very blunt in attack. A couple of good games shouldn't change that. I can't see how the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea and not going to improve after the seasons they've had so if we want to be up there then we still need a bit of an overhaul.

truth_hurts

Penn_ said:
I still believe we need quite a few more than three or so signings, this team has been poor throughout the year, often looking very blunt in attack. A couple of good games shouldn't change that. I can't see how the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea and not going to improve after the seasons they've had so if we want to be up there then we still need a bit of an overhaul.

Mass change often affects the balance of the team. I mean how many signing did Man U make this year? only 2 of note. Chelsea may or may not improve next year - it all depends on the manager for me same for Man City. We have a base to build from and we will definitely not get worse next season!

It is also reasonable to expect players like jenkinson, Gibbs Koscielny, Szczsney, Ramsey, Ox and Wilshere to have an improved performance next year. 3 QUALITY (key word0 signings and we will be in a decent position.

Top Bottom