• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Loken

Champions League Qualification Wishlist:

Gonzalo Higuain - £20m
Stevan Jovetic - £20m
Lars Bender / Luiz Gustavo / Maxime Gonalons - £16m / £15m / £12m
Aleksandar Dragović - £7m

(Would make us title contenders - lot of money spent however).

5th place Wishlist

Stevan Jovetic (if Fiorentina fail to qualify for CL, but then he might go to Juventus)
Maxime Gonalons
Aleksandar Dragović

I think that's the best we could hope for really, unless something unexpected come out.

Buhry

Established Member

My top 3 picks for signings we need to make are probably a new CF, then a new wide forward, a new keeper and then a ew central midfielder, in that order. A new RB and CB depends on who stays and goes imo.

For me:

CF is obvious, Giroud for me just isn't good enough and the backup options are even worse.

Higuain - is probably my top pick. Dream signing would be Cavani but Higuain might actually have a chance of happening.
Other candidates could be Soldado and Negredo. Soldado is pretty good from what I've seen and gets a lot of goals. Valencia have Financial issues as well.

Wide forward: I feel like a big problem for us currently is that Podolski and Walcott are just too similar and we are too predictable with both on the field at the same time. Neither are very creative or good at finding openings against established defences, and neither can really beat a fullback with skill. They are good poachers and counter attacking players, but both on the pitch at the same time doesn't really work that well in my opinion. We look predictable and fail to create chances with our current setup.

WF wishlist: Jovetic, Lamela, Di Maria, (Alexis Sanchez?)

Jovetic is an obvious candidate. Erik Lamela from Roma looks like a coming star, he's had an exellent season and scores lots of goals but he would probably cost 25m+ I would prefer him over jovetic though even if he costs more. Madrid might be looking to sell Di Maria - he's inconsistent but he's very good when he's on form.

Keeper:
Rene Adler is my top pick.

CM: No clue honestly. Gonalons seems like a decent player but it's hard to say these days with the French league. Other than that, Lars Bender maybe?

Higuain, a good wide forward, Adler and a CM like Gonalons or bender would probably cost around 60-65 million pounds in total. Hopefully we can get rid of the dross to help a bit with the outlay, like Gervinho.

That's a lot of spending to hope for considering our history, it is long overdue though.

pet

GK: Adler, Szczesny, Martinez
CB: Koscielny, Mertesacker, Dragovic, Miquel
RB: Piszczek, Jenkinson
LB: Monreal, Gibbs
DM: Arteta, Gonalons
CM: Fabregas, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky
LW: Cazorla, Podolski
FW: Higuain, Jovetic, Giroud
RW: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Floating

Established Member
pet said:

So just then 7 signings then? :wink:

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
pet said:

That's definitely a team that can legitimately compete for the title. Although I still think its lacking a Diaby like presence in midfield (Strootman) and a proper winger (Di Maria).

Realistically though in this window we would only be able to get Adler, Jovetic, Gonalons and maybe Piszczek if Sagna leaves. But over the next three windows I don't see why we couldn't afford the rest of those players.

A week or so a go I had something similar with this.

GK: Adler, Szczesny
CB: Subotic, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
CM: Wilshere, Gonalons, Arteta, Ramsey, Strootman
AM: Cazorla,Fabregas, Rosicky
RW: Walcott, Chamberlain
CF: Jovetic, Higuain, Giroud
LW: Podolski, Draxler

The thing is over three windows it is very possible to get those 9 players with perhaps only Vermaelen leaving.

This Summer window: Adler (£10m), Jovetic (£25m), Gonalons (£10m), Piszczek (£15m)
2014 Winter window: Strootman (£15m), Draxler (£20m)
2014 Summer window: Fabregas (£25m), Subotic (£20m), Higuain (£20m)

TOTAL: £160 Million

GOONER1991

Established Member
----------------Caesar

Piszczek -- Williams - Koscielny - Gibbs

------------Arteta - Ramsey

Walcott -------Cazorla------Jovetic

----------------Rooney

Subs: Szczesny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Podolski

One can dream.

Floating

Established Member
GOONER1991 said:
----------------Caesar

Piszczek -- Williams - Koscielny - Gibbs

------------Arteta - Ramsey

Walcott -------Cazorla------Jovetic

----------------Rooney

Subs: Szczesny, Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Wilshere, Podolski

One can dream.

Julio Cesar is your dream goalkeeper? He's past it and just completed a season in a relegated club with the worst defense and lowest point total in the league.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Maybe not quite wishlist material (or is he?) but as we would likely miss out on a Robben or DiMaria what do people think to Ben Arfa as a possible signing? very questionable workrate but no doubts over his ability.

Giroud

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Maybe not quite wishlist material (or is he?) but as we would likely miss out on a Robben or DiMaria what do people think to Ben Arfa as a possible signing? very questionable workrate but no doubts over his ability.

No, he's far too inconsistent in my opinion. Not good enough for a top side. If we want a quick tricky winger who will drive at defences we got to go for someone like Di Maria or Lamela.

eye4goal

Established Member
I wanted Ben Arfa and Cabaye last summer, but both have had poor seasons for one reason or another. Ben Arfa has the ability to become world-class, but maybe not the mentality. I'd take him over Gervinho, but we need a starting 11 wide player. I wonder if J Menez is available this summer?

Pea-Tear-Griffin

eye4goal said:
I wanted Ben Arfa and Cabaye last summer, but both have had poor seasons for one reason or another. Ben Arfa has the ability to become world-class, but maybe not the mentality. I'd take him over Gervinho, but we need a starting 11 wide player. I wonder if J Menez is available this summer?

They have both had injury ravaged seasons, and since Cabaye has been back he has probably been there best player.

I wouldn't mind Ben Arfa, but he isn't a team player and is injury prone since De Jong's tackle so I would say no.

Lamela however would be a great signing, and one that isn't totally out of reach.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
To be honest Ben Arfa would be way down on a wishlist but he is a player who i think could really excel with the right move.

GK: Adler, Reina, Begovic, Vorm - around 10m
RB: Sagna, Richards - up to 8m
CB: Williams, Sakho, Pepe 8-15m
CM: Gonalons, Strootman,Gustavo Fellaini, Sneiderlin, Capoue, Diame - 5-15m
Wing forward: Jovetic, Di Maria, Ben Arfa, Moses 10 - 25m
Striker: Higuain, Villa, Gomez, Benteke 8-25m

Youngsters loaned:

Sold/Leaving: Fabianski 0, Vermaelen 10-12m, Squillaci 1m, Djourou 4m, Denilson 0, Gervinho 6m, Chamakh 3m, Arshavin 0, Park 2m, Bendtner 4m total: 27-29m

Depending on how much Wenger rates Ox we could possibly do without the wide forward

First 11:

-----------------------------Adler------------------------------
--Richards----------Williams--------Koscielny-----------Monreal--
---------------------------Gonalons------------------------------
--------------------Arteta----------Cazorla----------------------
-------------Theo----------Higuain-------------Jovetic------------

replacements:

----------------------------Szczesny---------------------------
--Jenkinson------Mertesacker--------Sagna---------------Gibbs--
--------------------------Coquellin------------------------------
--------------------Ramsey----------Wilshere----------------------
--------Chamberlain----------Giroud-----------Podolski------------

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Ben Arfa has massive talent no doubt. He has burning pace, great balance, great dribbler, good left foot, the only problem is his lethargic style. If he was on the market for a reasonable enough price I'd have a look at him, but I reckon Newcastle would ask for big bucks.

Buhry

Established Member

Lamela would probably be very expensive, 25-30 million pounds would be my guess, probably closer to 30 considering Roma paid quite a lot of money to sign him in the first place and he's been a big hit for them.

I'd love for us to sign him though, would probably be my number 1 pick for a wide forward but I don't think we'd be willing to pay up for him and I don't think Roma want to sell.

Might be worth the price tag in the long run though as he looks like a star in the making, allready has 15 league goals this season and he's only 21.

Problem is he plays on the same side as Theo though. As frustrating as walcott is he delivers very good numbers in terms of end product.

I do believe we need someone with more flair and skill who can run at defenders. Not sure which one of Podolski/walcott should drop to the bench (probably poldi) as I like both but they really are a bit too similar and we look one dimensional with both on at the same time. Might work against some teams, not against the best ones though.

outlaw_member

Established Member
-------------Szczesny
Piszczek--Mertesacker-Koscielny--Gibbs
----------Arteta--Ramsey
Walcott-------Cazorla---------Podolski
--------------Jovetic

-------------Fabianski
Jenkinson-Djourou--Vermaelen--Monreal
---------Gonalons-Wilshere
Oxlade--------Rosicky----------Draxler
--------------Giroud