• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Adler
Juanfran
Gonalons
Higuain
Williams
Griezmann

Out:
Fabianski
Arshavin
Diaby
Gervinho
Chamack
Vermaelen
Djourou
Bendtner

Adler
Juanfran Williams Koscielny Gibbs
Gonalons Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla Griezmann
Higuain

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Miquel Monreal
Ramsey Arteta
Chamberlain Rosicky Podolski
Giroud

Finally a year where everyone can contribute(apart from Miquel), meaning great strength in depth and not a big drop in quality.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
truth_hurts said:
now in a real world:

----------------------Adler-----------------------
--Richards----Williams------Koscielny-------Monreal--
--------------Gonalons------Arteta--------------------
----------Theo--------Cazorla---------Jovetic---------
----------------------Higuain-------------------------

How much would Higuain, Jovetic, Gonalons, Richards and Williams cost. Goto be at least 70m, I know there's talk of a warchest but it surely at least includes wages.

Adler up to 10m use Fabianski's wages? Selling Vermaelen and Squillaci would near enough cover the fees and wages for Richards and Williams, 12-15m for Gonalons, selling Coquellin and Frimpong can offset some of the cost.

losing Arshavin, Chamakh, Bendtner, Park and hopefully Gervinho could earn us 15m and the wages would cover Higuain and Jovetic who would cost around 45m combined. Financially it is very doable.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Adler - Had rave reviews on here, meant to be solid and that's what we need, no idea if he speaks English but if he's German he's bound to. :lol:

Papadopoulos - I think this lad is going to be a world beater in the future, perfect CB to come in if Vermaelen is sold

Gustavo - He'd be a perfect DM/CM for us in the formation we currently play, experienced and he's a winner.

Jovetic - I've been watching clips of Jovetic today and they've convinced me he's the type of player Wenger will make world class, can see him linking up with Santi and co quite well.

Then if Wenger wants to add a cherry on top, Villa or Higuain would be lovely. :mrgreen:

Gervais

Established Member
Adler
Kondogbia
Fabregas
Jovetic

--------------Adler
Jenks - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
----------Kondogbia
----Fabregas - Wilshere
Walcott - Jovetic - Cazorla

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i think we need 4 players: adler, williams, gonalons, and higuain

we should get anything we can from the deadwood and if we have to, offer to let them out of their contracts so they can go elsewhere.

adler (£10m), williams (£11m), gonalons (£13m) and higuain (£19m) are all affordable given the amount of money we have to spend, and only higuain would break our transfer record. when you consider the salaries coming off the books, we can cover all of their wages and still be fine.

we still need to sort out right back. but at this point, we won't get much for sagna if we sell him anyway, so it might be best to just let him play out the last year of his deal and then leave on a free. if anything, he'll be even more motivated to have a huge season so he can score one more big payday. we'd be sorted then straight through the team

GK: adler > sneezy
LB: monreal > gibbs
CB: per/kos > williams/vermaelen
RB: sagna > jenks
CM: arteta/gonalons/cazorla > ramsey/wilshere/rosicky
LW: podolski/ox
RW: walcott/gervinho
ST: higuain/giroud

in an ideal world, we'd sell gervinho, use that money to help buy jovetic, and then it would be

GK: adler > sneezy
LB: monreal > gibbs
CB: per/kos > williams/vermaelen
RB: sagna > jenks
CM: arteta/gonalons/cazorla > ramsey/wilshere/rosicky
LW: jovetic > podolski
RW: walcott > ox
ST: higuain > giroud

but i dont think thats realistic

Buhry

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
I think we need two of Higuain, Jovetic and Di Maria to really give our offence a chance next season. One will not be enough, IMO.

Agreed completely. We are too uncreative and predictable in attack as it is, mostly due to a general lack of quality. If we want to keep up with the best in the league next season I think we need to upgrade on both Giroud and Podolski.

I like Podolski a lot but he is a fairly limited player and he goes missing too often. He'd be great as a rotation option and as an impact player off the bench but I'm not convinced by him as a starter if we want to really challenge the best teams. Doesn't help that him and theo are very similar players as well with the same weaknesses.

Giroud is Giroud. Too limited and not good enough conversion % either. Would be a good bench option though.

We need a bit more flair and we need players with the ability to create something out of nothing when we're stryuggling and butting our heads against the 10 man wall as we have been doing a lot this season. And we needd someone with enough talent to create something against the best defenders, we've been shut down too easily against the top teams this season.

One flair player/creative goalscorer ala Jovetic or Di maria + one solid goalscorer like Higuain and I'd be a lot more confident about our chances next season. Honestly signing 2 attackers should be mandatory after seeing how much we've struggeled to create chances the last this season, esp the last few months. If it hadn't been for our rock solid defending there's no way we would have gotten 4th.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
If we did get Higuain and Jovetic, we would have our best squad since.....?

I think we'd seriously compete on all fronts with that change in firepower

Mudi

ArsenesNO1Fan said:

First team
Jovetic-Higuain-Walcott
--------Cazorla--------
-----Arteta-Gonalons---
Monreal-Kos-Mert-???
--------???--------

Second team

Podolski-Giroud-Chamberlain
---------Rosicky--------
-----Wilshere-Ramsey----
Gibbs--???--???--Jenkinson
--------Szczesny--------

Jovetic
Higuain
Gonalons
New RB
New third and fourth CB
New GK

And we win the title next year.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Mudi said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

First team
Jovetic-Higuain-Walcott
--------Cazorla--------
-----Arteta-Gonalons---
Monreal-Kos-Mert-???
--------???--------

Second team

Podolski-Giroud-Chamberlain
---------Rosicky--------
-----Wilshere-Ramsey----
Gibbs--???--???--Jenkinson
--------Szczesny--------

Jovetic
Higuain
Gonalons
New RB
New third and fourth CB
New GK

And we win the title next year.

TBH if we we're only getting 2 players I'd still be ecstatic with Jovetic/Higuain. United won the title this year with a weaker midfield and defense but with a devastating fronts line

A creative forward like Jovetic and a prolific striker like Higuain we'd pick up 15-20 more points imo

eye4goal

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I think we need two of Higuain, Jovetic and Di Maria to really give our offence a chance next season. One will not be enough, IMO.

I think the way we play now with Arteta and Ramsey playing disciplined role, someone like Di Maria should be a priority as he'd help us create much more than Jovetic would. Bayern don't have that much creativity in their side(Gotze will add that though), but they create loads of chances in games through Ribery(best player in Europe this season) and Robben's ability to burn players in one-on-one situations.

Floating

Established Member
eye4goal said:
I think the way we play now with Arteta and Ramsey playing disciplined role, someone like Di Maria should be a priority as he'd help us create much more than Jovetic would.

Disagree - Jovetic seems the perfect Wenger CF to me, like van Persie was last year. Di Maria is hardworking and can cross and shoot, but Jovetic's guile in and around the penalty box is I think what Wenger will prefer, and what will benefit the team the most.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surprised so many people leave Wilshere out their teams, he might have not had the best season due to the return from his injury but next season should be more like his first and I don't get while you'd leave that out.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
hes missed a lot of football in the last 2 years, and his game is still unrefined. i dont think he has the positional discipline (at least not yet) to play the role arteta plays. and his final ball isn't good enough to play as a CAM yet. so where does that leave him in our current setup?

hes still very young, hes coming back from major surgery, now minor surgery, and a few other ailments. its a long season for even someone at their physical peak. there is no need to put the weight of having to start 40+ games for us on his shoulders at this point. make him second choice in the midfield, use him late in games, allow him to get back in to the swing before you just pencil his name in to the starting XI right away.

hes not going anywhere. hes not going to ***** if hes not starting every game. buy quality this summer, create competition for places, and if he wins a spot in the starting lineup over a new signing like gonalons, then so be it. but for his sake, i think its better to not place the weight of the world on his shoulders, which the NT is already trying to do

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

MDGoonah41 said:
hes missed a lot of football in the last 2 years, and his game is still unrefined. i dont think he has the positional discipline (at least not yet) to play the role arteta plays. and his final ball isn't good enough to play as a CAM yet. so where does that leave him in our current setup?
CM.

As for title push, I wouldn't say so just yet. I still feel like we are in the process of building the team, in which case we can kinda afford to develop him for now.

oh to be a goon

Jovetic
Cavani
Cesc
Lichsteiner
Lars Bender/ Gustavo
Adler

Replaces: Gervinho, Arshavin, Diaby, Sagna, Squillaci, and Fabianski

Adler

Lichsteiner- Mertesacker- Koscielny- Gibbs

Bender/Gustavo-- Wilshere (if he impoves on this year)
Fabregas

Walcott- Cavani-Jovetic

Szczensy

Jenkinson- Miquel/Hayden- Vermaelen- Monreal

Arteta- Ramsey

Cazorla

Chamberlain- Giroud- Podolski

Roskicy, Coquelin

tumblr_m3bs6tOJMj1rtgfeuo1_500.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gonalons, Belhanda, Sanogo, 2nd choice keeper, right back if Sagna leaves, 4th choice centre half (ideally young), centre forward alternative to Giroud.

Remember Arsenal always go for the better deal. We went for Sanogo instead of Zaha simply because of price. It is the same for Jovetic, we won't pay over £20 million for him. Why should we? We got Cazorla for £16 million. I'd rather spend £8 million on Belhanda anyway. He is available at a good price, he is the same age as Jovetic and in my eyes he has more raw talent. His ball control is outrageous and he is also hard working for a number 10. Not to mention he knows exactly how Giroud plays.

Giroud

Cazorla Belhanda Walcott

Wilshere Gonalons

Looks frightening in my eyes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom