• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The_Playmaker said:
Gonalons, Belhanda, Sanogo, 2nd choice keeper, right back if Sagna leaves, 4th choice centre half (ideally young), centre forward alternative to Giroud.

Remember Arsenal always go for the better deal. We went for Sanogo instead of Zaha simply because of price. It is the same for Jovetic, we won't pay over £20 million for him. Why should we? We got Cazorla for £16 million. I'd rather spend £8 million on Belhanda anyway. He is available at a good price, he is the same age as Jovetic and in my eyes he has more raw talent. His ball control is outrageous and he is also hard working for a number 10. Not to mention he knows exactly how Giroud plays.

Giroud

Cazorla Belhanda Walcott

Wilshere Gonalons

Looks frightening in my eyes.
Are we only allowed to buy from the french league? :lol:

fabo

6.51 / 10
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
fabo said:
It's frightening, that's for sure. Mainly because it doesn't improve the team in any sense.

Agreed, only Gonalons. To be wishing Giroud to be starting is frightening.

Even Gonalons, is he really that good? He's a tidy player, keeps it simple but doubt he's better than Arteta. He doesn't even start for France who has midfield options of Cabaye, Pogba, Matuidi ahead of him. Diaby is aswell, when fit of course. Not sure about Capoue. Good players but hardly Vieira, Petit, Makelele.

I'd take Gonalons but think him and Arteta wouldn't work. I'd try to upgrade Ramsey's position tbh - he's improved but not nearly as much as people are saying. Good squad option for now IMO, not gonna compete for PL/CL's with him playing such an integral role.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Despite what people say about Jack, Ramsey etc....Arteta is still the first name in midfield for me. Partially down to the types of midfielders we have, and lack of alternatives. But he's still important nonetheless.

DanAust

At £15.4m, I'd love Thiago to play anywhere across the attacking 3 in a 4231 and Higuain up front for £19m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2013/05/22/en/football/barcelona/1369206060.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2013/05/22/en/foot ... 06060.html</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10069854/Arsenal-consider-record-19m-bid-for-Real-Madrid-striker-Gonzalo-Higuain-in-summer-transfer-window.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... indow.html</a>

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
Despite what people say about Jack, Ramsey etc....Arteta is still the first name in midfield for me. Partially down to the types of midfielders we have, and lack of alternatives. But he's still important nonetheless.

Agreed - but NOT as the deepest CM.
Give me a genuine ball winner and give Arteta a supporting role as CM.

Buhry

Established Member

Apparently Thiago Alcantara might be leaving Barca this summer for 15-20 million. I'd be keen, I think he's extremely talented.

Not sure where he'd play though, where Rosicky is playing now I guess.

Definately would be a luxury signing though and I'd rather have Fabregas. Not that it seems like Fabregas will be leaving yet.

DanAust

Buhry said:
Apparently Thiago Alcantara might be leaving Barca this summer for 15-20 million. Not sure where he'd play though, where Rosicky is playing now I guess.
With Rosicky turning 33, Cazorla 29, and Arshavin leaving this year, I definitely think Thiago would have a place in our team sooner rather than later.

Buhry

Established Member

DanAust said:
At £15.4m, I'd love Thiago to play anywhere across the attacking 3 in a 4231 and Higuain up front for £19m.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marca.com/2013/05/22/en/football/barcelona/1369206060.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marca.com/2013/05/22/en/foot ... 06060.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10069854/Arsenal-consider-record-19m-bid-for-Real-Madrid-striker-Gonzalo-Higuain-in-summer-transfer-window.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... indow.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arteta/wilshere - arteta/new DM

--------- Thiago--------
Walcott - Higuain - Cazorla

Could be pretty sweet I think. Lots of flair and technique and a couple of good goalscorers.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Rosicky has one more season in him max, he's certainly not a player that can play 30 odd games next season and he's looked knackered in recent games IMO. However, I think that'll be the main position to strengthen next summer, this summer is all about a top striker, CM and GK.

Buhry

Established Member

THunter said:
I think Rosicky has one more season in him max, he's certainly not a player that can play 30 odd games next season and he's looked knackered in recent games IMO. However, I think that'll be the main position to strengthen next summer, this summer is all about a top striker, CM and GK.

Rosicky is also injured a lot and provides no end product in the final third. I think part of the reason why we create so few chances these days is due to having both Ramsey and Rosicky on at the same time, neither usually does anything of note in the final 3rd, be it shooting or final balls.

I agree with the positions you mention needing strengthening, but for me either LW or CAM is almost the 2nd most important after CF, depending on where Wenger wants Cazorla to play. Rosicky and Podolski are solid players but imo if we want to get up there with the best team we need someone with more ability than those 2 have been showing.

For me Higuain would be my first choice signing this summer. After that though I'dwant someone ala Di Maria to play on one of the wings. Theo + Podolski makes us too limited and predictable at times when both play at the same time.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thiago would give us an even worse situation than we had we Cesc, no thanks rather have someone like Gündoğan.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
fabo said:

Agreed - but NOT as the deepest CM.
Give me a genuine ball winner and give Arteta a supporting role as CM.

Arteta has the oldest legs so it makes sense to play him as the deepest CM so his midfield partner can use pace to track back. That's why Ramsey and Arteta work so well.

leo_ense

Established Member
==============Szczesny============
=Pizczek=Mertesacker=Koscielny=Monreal=
==========Gonalons=Wilshere=========
===============Cazorla=============
====Walcott=====Higuain=====Gaitan===

Floating

Established Member
leo_ense said:

Pizczek is getting surgery after the CL final and will miss the next 5 months.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Floating said:
leo_ense said:

Brilliant that means we can get him on the cheap this Summer.

leo_ense

Established Member
Floating said:
leo_ense said:

Guess we can scratch him off our list of potential RBs :D

Or can we...we all know Arsène likes a crock or two in his squad. I'm hopeful that Sanogo and Diaby will satisfy that :lol:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
fabo said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
fabo said:
It's frightening, that's for sure. Mainly because it doesn't improve the team in any sense.

Agreed, only Gonalons. To be wishing Giroud to be starting is frightening.

Even Gonalons, is he really that good? He's a tidy player, keeps it simple but doubt he's better than Arteta. He doesn't even start for France who has midfield options of Cabaye, Pogba, Matuidi ahead of him. Diaby is aswell, when fit of course. Not sure about Capoue. Good players but hardly Vieira, Petit, Makelele.

I'd take Gonalons but think him and Arteta wouldn't work. I'd try to upgrade Ramsey's position tbh - he's improved but not nearly as much as people are saying. Good squad option for now IMO, not gonna compete for PL/CL's with him playing such an integral role.

He's stronger, quicker, better in the air and a better tackler. Who cares if he doesn't start for France. Cabaye starts for France and I would take Gonalons over him because Cabaye spends so much time tackling as he constantly loses the ball. Capoue would not fit in. Wenger only goes after players with technical ability, hence why both his centre backs are able to pass the ball. Would it make sense bringing in a defensive midfielder who can tackle but can't pass and retain possession. That is why currently we can get away with having Arteta hold. It isn't because he is a good tackler, its because he is an intelligent players and is aware of defensive positioning. If Arteta was to be replaced by someone who was intelligent as him defensively ie Gonalons and was able to retain possession in the same manner while giving us more strength and aerial presence, we would instantly be a far better team. We lack someone who can recover and disrupt counter attacks in our midfield.

The free kick Arteta conceded against Wigan is a prime example, as well as the free kicks late in the game against Bayern away. If we had a player who was physically better in that situation, it would never have been an issue.

Also in response to only buying players from France. I don't believe that is the only place we can buy them from, but as far as cheap midfielders go. I wouldn't spend £30 million on Isco, when you can get Belhanda for £8 million, and I think that way because that is how Arsenal think.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom