• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GuNNerZ4LiFe

Jackson Martinez anyone?? Scored some out of this world goals last season with Porto and had some 20+ goals. Only Falcao has kept him out of the national team as of late.

Buhry

Established Member

Triple unveliling of Higuain, Thiago and Illarramendi on July 1st...?

^^ Jackson Martinez would cost 30-40million easy as Porto always get ridiculous money for their top players.

Flow

I would mention him if only Porto didn't have the tendency to ask amazingly high prices for their players. They get 40 m for every ****ing player there...

Proof

Established Member
- - - - - - - - Buffon - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - Chiellini - Thiago Silva - Alaba
- - - - Yaya Touré - - Pirlo - - - - -
Walcott - - Fàbregas - - Cazorla
- - - - - - - - Ibrahimović - - - - - - - -

dpt49

Established Member
Proof said:
I would have had Ibrahimovic in my team, ahead of Rooney, but even for a wish list it was too unrealistic :wink:

One of the greatest strikers in world football.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Proof said:

No Ronaldo or Messi? or are Theo and Cazorla rotation options?!

Proof

Established Member
Even if is a wish-list I decided to keep it slightly realistic ;)

Having the fastest player in the same team with the world's best playmakers would be absolutely lethal.

Gervais

Established Member
Higuain
Rooney
Fellaini
Julio Cesar

- - - - - - - Szczesny
Sagna - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
- - - -Fellaini - Wilshere
Walcott - Rooney - Cazorla
- - - - - - - Higuain

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
PAULINHO

images

DanAust

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Honda
And yes my decision was influenced by the Confederations Cup game. :lol:
Always a stand out for an underrated national team. He definitely should be playing at a bigger club. At 27 last week and out of contract, he's ripe for a big move.

Anzac

Established Member
DanAust said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Honda
And yes my decision was influenced by the Confederations Cup game. :lol:
Always a stand out for an underrated national team. He definitely should be playing at a bigger club. At 27 last week and out of contract, he's ripe for a big move.

Yes please - he's the sort of B2B/DLP that Rambo should aim to replicate.

Anzac

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
He only played as a DLP for a short amount of time and he has never been a box to box midfielder. Most of his football for CSKA has either been on the right or at no 10. He's nothing like Ramsey.

I was thinking more of his games for Japan that I've seen v AUS where he seemed to work across the midfield from CM to AM, whilst Kagawa seems to be pushed wide. He starts as an AMC/#10 but seems to like to come deep for the ball looking for space.

So in hindsight he's not strictly a B2B as we've been discussing like Fellaini etc - more like the free playmaker CM/AM role Cazorla had for Malaga v Real?
But hopefully you see what I mean about Rambo if we have a ball winner holding rather than a creative player.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
He only played as a DLP for a short amount of time and he has never been a box to box midfielder. Most of his football for CSKA has either been on the right or at no 10. He's nothing like Ramsey.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
You can learn from anyone i guess so point taken. Honda could probably play a deeper role to a good standard, he's about as versatile as they come.

I'd be happy with his signing but i don't think he'd be a guaranteed success. Theres a serious lack of playmakers out there though so i'd settle for Honda. Don't think the likes of Isco and Thiago are likely to happen.

DanAust

Anzac, I definitely see what you mean, watching him play in Asian comps, against Australia, and in qualifiers where he has regularly played in the middle and occasionally on the left; there are parts of his game Ramsey could do well to adopt

Anzac

Established Member
DanAust said:
Anzac, I definitely see what you mean, watching him play in Asian comps, against Australia, and in qualifiers where he has regularly played in the middle and occasionally on the left; there are parts of his game Ramsey could do well to adopt

I'm just sort of Wish Listing in an effort to move away from this creative DLP as our deepest CM bollocks.

IMO that midfield with our resources is far too inflexible and relies far too heavily upon BOTH Arteta AND the high defensive line so as to compress the playing area and not expose the lack of pace in both Arteta & BFG as 2 of our deepest 3.
At the same time the B2B role is no longer about winning possession & we still fail to press from the front as a unit which also undermines the B2B role sitting so far forward - we are more like a 4141 than 4231.

I'd rather see Honda used as a CM going forward with Arteta, Rambo & Rosicky as bench/rotation options. Honda doesn't have pace but he has good stamina & work rate & presses well. I also think his initial acceleration is better than Rambo & Arteta so as to make space etc.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Honda does not belong on a wishlist, he is the sort of signing where you would go 'okay he can do a decent job I suppose' If getting him on a free meant we could splash big on two players (Fellaini, Higuain, Rooney, Jovetic, Paulinho) then I would become much more in favour of him signing however.

I still harbour a very improbable wish that we can get Kaka for a knockdown price and Wenger weaves his magic with the former world player of the year inspiring us to glory and earning himself a spot in the Brazil squad. He is a happy medium between Grenier/Gourcuff and Cesc infact he is much closer to Cesc on the scale of brilliance.

---------------------------Szczsney/Cesar------------------------------
--Sagna/Jenkinson---Mert/Williams--Koscielny/Vermaelen---Monreal/Gibbs--
------------------Fellaini/Diaby----Arteta/Ramsey-----------------------
-------Theo/Ox---------------Kaka/Wilshere------------Cazorla/Podolski---
------------------------------Higuain/Giroud----------------------------

In: Cesar 4m, Williams 8m, Fellaini 24m, Kaka 7m (loan with buy option), Higuaib 25m total: 68m feel free to remove Kaka from the dream and replace with Honda/Greier

Out: Fabianski 0, Squillaci 0, Djourou 4m, Santos 3m, Denilson 0, Coquellin 5m, Frimpong 4m (with sell on options), Gervinho 8m, Park 2m, Chamakh 2m, Bendtner 4m total: 32m

Latest posts+

Top Bottom