<

The Wish List

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Mini, May 3, 2004.

1. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

No Wilshere
    No Party.

2. Sydney Gooner

Sydney Gooner New Member

Wilshere can start from the bench and come on for Cazorla in the last twenty minutes or so.

3. GuNNerZ4LiFe

GuNNerZ4LiFe New Member

Jackson Martinez anyone?? Scored some out of this world goals last season with Porto and had some 20+ goals. Only Falcao has kept him out of the national team as of late.

4. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Triple unveliling of Higuain, Thiago and Illarramendi on July 1st...?

^^ Jackson Martinez would cost 30-40million easy as Porto always get ridiculous money for their top players.

5. Flow

Flow New Member

I would mention him if only Porto didn't have the tendency to ask amazingly high prices for their players. They get 40 m for every ****ing player there...

6. Bigbludfire

Bigbludfire Well-Known Member

If we wanted Jackson Martinez we would have signed him when he was ripping up the Mexican league

7. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member Trusted

- - - - - - - - Buffon - - - - - - - - - -
    Sagna - Chiellini - Thiago Silva - Alaba
    - - - - Yaya Touré - - Pirlo - - - - -
    Walcott - - Fàbregas - - Cazorla
    - - - - - - - - Ibrahimović - - - - - - - -

8. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

I would have had Ibrahimovic in my team, ahead of Rooney, but even for a wish list it was too unrealistic :wink:

One of the greatest strikers in world football.

9. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

No Ronaldo or Messi? or are Theo and Cazorla rotation options?!

10. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member Trusted

Even if is a wish-list I decided to keep it slightly realistic ;)

Having the fastest player in the same team with the world's best playmakers would be absolutely lethal.

11. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

Higuain
    Rooney
    Fellaini
    Julio Cesar

- - - - - - - Szczesny
    Sagna - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
    - - - -Fellaini - Wilshere
    Walcott - Rooney - Cazorla
    - - - - - - - Higuain

12. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

13. Pea-Tear-Griffin

Pea-Tear-Griffin New Member

Honda
    And yes my decision was influenced by the Confederations Cup game. :lol:

14. DanAust

DanAust Member

Always a stand out for an underrated national team. He definitely should be playing at a bigger club. At 27 last week and out of contract, he's ripe for a big move.

15. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

Yes please - he's the sort of B2B/DLP that Rambo should aim to replicate.

16. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I was thinking more of his games for Japan that I've seen v AUS where he seemed to work across the midfield from CM to AM, whilst Kagawa seems to be pushed wide. He starts as an AMC/#10 but seems to like to come deep for the ball looking for space.

So in hindsight he's not strictly a B2B as we've been discussing like Fellaini etc - more like the free playmaker CM/AM role Cazorla had for Malaga v Real?
    But hopefully you see what I mean about Rambo if we have a ball winner holding rather than a creative player.

17. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

He only played as a DLP for a short amount of time and he has never been a box to box midfielder. Most of his football for CSKA has either been on the right or at no 10. He's nothing like Ramsey.

18. Armor for Sleep

Armor for Sleep New Member Elite

You can learn from anyone i guess so point taken. Honda could probably play a deeper role to a good standard, he's about as versatile as they come.

I'd be happy with his signing but i don't think he'd be a guaranteed success. Theres a serious lack of playmakers out there though so i'd settle for Honda. Don't think the likes of Isco and Thiago are likely to happen.

19. DanAust

DanAust Member

Anzac, I definitely see what you mean, watching him play in Asian comps, against Australia, and in qualifiers where he has regularly played in the middle and occasionally on the left; there are parts of his game Ramsey could do well to adopt

20. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

I'm just sort of Wish Listing in an effort to move away from this creative DLP as our deepest CM bollocks.

IMO that midfield with our resources is far too inflexible and relies far too heavily upon BOTH Arteta AND the high defensive line so as to compress the playing area and not expose the lack of pace in both Arteta & BFG as 2 of our deepest 3.
    At the same time the B2B role is no longer about winning possession & we still fail to press from the front as a unit which also undermines the B2B role sitting so far forward - we are more like a 4141 than 4231.

I'd rather see Honda used as a CM going forward with Arteta, Rambo & Rosicky as bench/rotation options. Honda doesn't have pace but he has good stamina & work rate & presses well. I also think his initial acceleration is better than Rambo & Arteta so as to make space etc.