• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Trophies aren't a barometer of use of talent.

Considering how good Rooney was, he didn't exactly step up and become a world star that his talent deserved. My biggest gripe with him is how often he fails to perform in the big games when he had/s the talent. I wouldn't say he wasted his talent at all, but he certainly didn't make the most of it.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

AFC-Phil said:
Trophies aren't a barometer of use of talent.

Considering how good Rooney was, he didn't exactly step up and become a world star that his talent deserved. My biggest gripe with him is how often he fails to perform in the big games when he had/s the talent. I wouldn't say he wasted his talent at all, but he certainly didn't make the most of it.

He always performs at the big games, just not for England.
Goals in Champions League finals, vs Chelsea, City, Liverpool, us.
He perform greatly in the big games when his team mates haven't.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
----- Fellani---- Arteta------
--------- Wilshere ----------
Walcott ---------------- Santi
----------- Higuain ----------

That'd do it, for me.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Not for me. Yes, he's scored etc in big games but rarely does he inspire him team in a way that the top players do. A prime example of this is the 3 CL finals - 08, 09 and 11 where Rooney wasn't particularly useful in any. Compare that to the 3 MOTM winners - C.Ronaldo (08), Xavi (09) and Messi (11) and that says a lot about where he is. As you've mentioned, he hasn't been able to inspire England either with poor showings (by his standards) in every Euro/WC campaign except 04.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
There is a big difference between Taarabt who struts around in his lethargic style on the field, and looks like he has the talent to make it at a big club but currently plays for QPR, and Rooney who looked like he had the potential to become the best in the world when he was younger, but instead is regarded as simply a world class player (on form) and plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world . He may be a massive tit off the field he isn't an arrogant tool like Taarabt on the pitch.

Rooney's attitude has probably deprived him of the chance of becoming one of the best in the world (which he looked like doing when he was younger), whereas Taarabt attitude has left him with his career in the sh*tter, optimistically trying to whore himself off to AC Milan or Real Madrid every other interview. Massive difference between the two.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Rooney was better than C.Ronaldo as a youngster. I was watching our defeat against Man Utd at Highbury in 04/05, and he was so incredibly influential even at that age.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
outlaw_member said:
Rooney was better than C.Ronaldo as a youngster. I was watching our defeat against Man Utd at Highbury in 04/05, and he was so incredibly influential even at that age.

At a point early in both careers is was a legitimate question as to which out of Ronaldo and Rooney was the more talented and influential. Ro9naldo's determination has pud=shed him clear but letsnot pretend as though Rooney isn't hugely talented, I understand his gripe with how he's used at United - started off in RVN shadow, then emerged out of it until he ended up in C. Rons shadow, then C. Ron left and he had a massive season before being shifted all over the pitch and eventually finding himself in RVPs shadow.

A team should be built around him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:

A jail should be built around him, to keep England's grannies safe. What's with this place's fascination with that dickhead? **** Manure, **** Shrek and **** everything Shrek-related.

Invincible

Established Member
jones said:
truth_hurts said:

A jail should be built around him, to keep England's grannies safe. What's with this place's fascination with that ********? **** Manure, **** Shrek and **** everything Shrek-related.
So do you like Rooney or not? :wink:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
All this talk of Mourinho wanting to flog Mata. If we can grab him that would be something.

--------------Fellaini----Arteta
Walcott--------------Mata-------------------Cazorla
-------------------Higuain

Danger!

cannonade

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
Higuain, Jovetic, Illaremendi, Begovic and Tin Jedvaj.

And Wenger did tell Gazidis he wants 5 new signings... :D

ivangazidisarsenewenger2012_576x324.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom