• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Schneiderlin
Cesc
Cavani

Seems a lot adding two midfielders but Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky are all likely to not be here in a couple of years. Cesc at 25M is just to good to turn down if he is leaving and Cavani is the only striker I can put on a 'wish list'.

Would possibly also add in Vela and a new RB although I'd love to see Bellerin given a chance provided Sagna stays.

DanAust

Penn_ said:
Schneiderlin
Cesc
Cavani

Seems a lot adding two midfielders but Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky are all likely to not be here in a couple of years. Cesc at 25M is just to good to turn down if he is leaving and Cavani is the only striker I can put on a 'wish list'.

Would possibly also add in Vela and a new RB although I'd love to see Bellerin given a chance provided Sagna stays.
I tend to agree (except for Cavani, I prefer Benzema), but it would be a shame to bring in a young RB, when we have Jenkinson and Bellerin, two players Id love to see do well at Arsenal, I'm just not sure they are there just yet. You cant turn down Cesc at 25m, not when the other option is strengthening an opponent.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Settled on my wish list, over to you Arsène. :evil:
--------Szczesny
Aurier-BFG--Kos-Gibbs
---------Martinez
---Ramsey-----Cesc
-------------Özil
---Walcott-----Cavani

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Since it's the end of the season

--------------Defence
-------Ramsey - Martinez
-----------------Özil
-Walcott - Benzema - Di Maria

Alternatives:

Di Maria: Pedro
Benzema: Balotelli
Martinez: Schneiderlin

Floating

Established Member
Johnny_Blaze said:
Since it's the end of the season

--------------Defence
-------Ramsey - Martinez
-----------------Özil
-Walcott - Benzema - Di Maria

Alternatives:

Di Maria: Pedro
Benzema: Balotelli
Martinez: Schneiderlin

Co-signed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I can see why others would bring Cesc back. I personally wouldn't though - really don't see the need and I think he would further mess up what is already a slightly imbalanced midfield. Unless the plan is to shift Özil wide, which I wouldn't do.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think bringing back Cesc would be a great myself idea, but would it be possible for him to play deeper in a more disciplined role?

I'm thinking along the lines of Alonso and Modric for Real, neither of who can really tackle but have been really effective in a double pivot. We'd lose the old Cesc for sure and he'd have to totally reinvent his game but if it worked we'd be pretty on point.

Inthe blood

Established Member
**** Cesc!!! Why are there so many Arsenal fans still hung up with his barfa DNA..... there was a thread in Arsenal talk, one still in Football talk...

The worst of it is the fans that still wear his tops, disgusting

fabo

6.51 / 10
Alonso plays a similar role to Arteta here, very tough player and does alot of defensive work. He's also very slow like Arteta but has a far greater range of passing.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything in the Cesc rumours.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
could we please just get an asshole of a player a real ****, a player that other teams hate

we need some attitude, Flamini did inject some but isn't the level we need

a couple of years ago we were linked with Lorik Cana, someone like that I would LOOOVE

we got so much creativity, no other team has as many playmakers as us, we could easily get away with fielding one guy who is lagging technical wise

Floating

Established Member
YeahBee said:
could we please just get an ******* of a player a real ****, a player that other teams hate

we need some attitude, Flamini did inject some but isn't the level we need

a couple of years ago we were linked with Lorik Cana, someone like that I would LOOOVE

we got so much creativity, no other team has as many playmakers as us, we could easily get away with fielding one guy who is lagging technical wise

We have Jack!

wishful_llama

I'm pretty settled on this dream lineup for next season Arsène, so make it happen!

Szczesny

Aurier
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Ramsey
J. Martinez

Walcott
Özil
Di Maria

Cavani

Subs:
Viviano
Vermaelen
Monreal
Wilshere/Arteta
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Cazorla
Giroud

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/arsenal/9321845/Arsenal-director-Lord-Harris-of-Peckham-insists-Arsène-Wenger-will-have-money-to-spend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/arsenal/9321 ... y-to-spend</a>

"If Arsène has asked for any player then we have always backed him to go and buy. With the exception of Messi, Ronaldo or Bale, we could buy most players."

So, no excuses then.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:
http://www.football365.com/arsenal/9321845/Arsenal-director-Lord-Harris-of-Peckham-insists-Arsène-Wenger-will-have-money-to-spend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"If Arsène has asked for any player then we have always backed him to go and buy. With the exception of Messi, Ronaldo or Bale, we could buy most players."

So, no excuses then.

Meh, I know enough corporate lies to believe this kind of talk.

oh to be a goon

I posted this in the Cesc thread, but it should go here as well.

Okay, I've tried fitting Cesc into this team using what I think would be the most appropriate formation that we may utilize (with some added Wishlisted players in the required positions).

1BVM6Ka.jpg

Squad:

Keeper
Szczesny
Damian Martinez

Right Back
Serge Aurier
Carl Jenkinson
Hector Bellerin

Right Center Back
Per Mertesacker
Serge Aurier

Left Center Back
Laurent Koscieny
Thomas Vermaelen

Left Back
Kieran Gibbs
Nacho Monreal

Defensive Midfield
Javi Martinez
Mikel Arteta
Mathieu Flamini

Center Midfield
Aaron Ramsey
Jack Wilshere

Right Attacking Midfield
Cesc Fabregas
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Thomas Rosicky

Left Attacking Midfield
Mesut Özil
Santi Cazorla
Serge Gnabry

Forward
Theo Walcott
Lukas Podolski

Center Forward
Edison Cavani
Olivier Giroud
Yaya Sanogo

That is 23 players (since Ox, Gnabry and Bellerin still under 21 so not needed to be counted) with 8 of the over-21 players being homegrown. Therefore, even with this many players we would have room for 2 more players (of any nationality) to add to our squad (namely back-up keeper and right center back).

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we did go that route I think you should include Chamberlain under one of the striker positions, remember Wenger saying a couple of years ago that he would make an exceptional support striker.

Vibra

Established Member
wishful_llama said:
I'm pretty settled on this dream lineup for next season Arsène, so make it happen!

Szczesny

Aurier
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Ramsey
J. Martinez

Walcott
Özil
Di Maria

Cavani

Subs:
Viviano
Vermaelen
Monreal
Wilshere/Arteta
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Cazorla
Giroud

A million times this

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aurier (£10M)
Martinez (£35M)
Cavani (£55M)
Fabregas (£7-35M)
Greizmann (£15M)

Scz
Aurier Mert Kos Gibbs
Martinez
Cesc Ramsey
Özil
Walcott Cavani

8))

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not a wishlist but a scrimp and scrape list just incase that's on the agenda this summer (hope not):

In - Viviano, Aurier, Rodwell, Campbell, Griezmann 35m
Out - Sagna, Flamini, Podolski 10m

---------------------Szczseny--------------------------
--Aurier-------Mertesacker------Koscielny------Monreal--
-----------------Ramsey-------Rodwell-------------------
-------Santi/Ox-------------Özil----------------Griezmann----
------------------------Theo-----------------------------

I'm so bored with the season over!

Top Bottom