• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

say yes

forum master baiter
----------------------- Szczesny -----------------
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
----------------------- Martinez ------------------
-------------- Ramsey ----- Fabregas ----------
-- Walcott ---------- Cavani ---------- Özil --

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

-----------------Szczesny----------------

--Aurier--Mertesacker--Koscielny--Gibbs--

------------Schneiderlinn---Ramsey------

---Walcott-------Özil-------Cazorla------

----------------Benzema------------------

GK- Szczesny, Marshall, Martinez

RB- Aurier, Jenko, Bellerin

CB- Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Aurier

LB- Gibbs, Monreal (Aurier potentially)

DM- Schneiderlinn, Arteta, Flamini

B2B- Ramsey, Diaby, Wilshere Chamberlain, (Scheiderlinn)

AM/NO.10- Özil, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla

Wide AM- Cazorla, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Ramsey

Supporting forward/wide forward- Podolski, Walcott, Gnabry, Chamberlain, Remy

ST- Giroud, Benzema, Remy, (Walcott and Poldi with Sanogo preferably loan)

Incoming transfers- Schneiderlinn- £15 million, Benzema £30 million, Marshall £6 million and Remy £8 million

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
- Aurier - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - Ramsey - - - Schneiderlin
- Walcott - - - - - - - - - Özil - - - - - - - Di Maria
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cavani

or

- - - - - - - - - - - - Schneiderlin
- - - - - - - - Ramsey - - - - Fabregas
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Özil
- - - - - - - - - - Walcott - - Cavani

Which is better?

Anzac

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:

or

Which is better?

I like the ideal of having the DM for Away games & IMO you can replace Fabregas with Wilshere in that shape. Push Fabregas forward alongside Özil 7 that's basically what we play.
I also like the idea of having a defined 2 ST attack, as too often in our 4231/4222 we have seen the SS become a WM.

That said IMO the weakest links are the WB/FBs.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:

This, but without Aurier. Maybe Reus on the left too

Brotherz

We should buy Alfred finnbogason from heerenveen . I said this last season... He has improved this season and again is top scorer.
He's a top class player.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

ferrarif50hunt said:

or

Which is better?

The second one suites our style of play more.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Brotherz said:
We should buy Alfred finnbogason from heerenveen . I said this last season... He has improved this season and again is top scorer.
He's a top class player.
He is a goal scorer for sure but other than that what is he like technique wise?

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDvpl2nNvs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDvpl2nNvs</a>

wee comp for people who dont know of him. Top goal scorer in the Dutch league playing for an unfashionable team.

Wouterus

Finnbogason is not very good actually, could probably do a job for Sunderland or Crystal Palace or something. Scoring goals in the Dutch League doesn't mean anything, there are plenty of examples for that (Altidore, Kezman, De Jong, Dost, Alves etc). Centre forwards from the Eredivisie that were a success in a bigger league (recently Bony, Suarez) did not just score goals, they dominated the league. They were levels above anyone else in the league. Finnbogason isn't.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
You know looking at the type of striker we need if we are keeping Giroud, we need someone mobile, with good linkup play who can play across the front 3.

He scored 19 goals the season before last, and admittedly didn't have a great season this year, but Adrian Lopez from Atletico would be a good addition for us I think.

He is amazingly quick, and I was suprised at how well he linked play with his short passing and first touch. Think he could play really well with Özil/Cazorla and him and Walcott together would be so dangerous.

I remember how good we looked last season with Gervinho up-front against City away, Gervinho had pace and dribbling and was opening space up all over the front 3, the problem was his finishing and shooting, for me Adrian can offer the same threat but is a better finisher.

Iceman10

Established Member
Adrian Lopez has largely only had a bit part role this season, and last season wasn't his best either. Indeed most of his goals in the season before last were in the Europa League. His goalscoring rate does not seem good enough, not for a CF anyway. He is versatile, but the risk is that of becoming a bit of a Gervinho for us in the PL, neither outstanding as a WF/SS or as a CF. Too risky IMO, and he's already 26, which is not old, but perhaps makes him less mouldable.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I know he hasnt had the best goal-scoring record this season but I could totally see him shining next season with Diego Costa gone.

I know a lot of people are talking about Koke, F.Luis etc from Atletico but watching them in the CL this season for us I could totally see Gabi partnering Ramsey, and Adrian upfront for us improving us a heap.

Gabi is like a more robust, mobile skillful version of Arteta.

Iceman10

Established Member
Gabi is a good shout, has been impressing me lately, and agree with your analysis on him. Wouldn't be a long term successor to Arteta, will be 31 soon, but that shouldn't necessarily matter.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
Gabi is a good shout, has been impressing me lately, and agree with your analysis on him. Wouldn't be a long term successor to Arteta, will be 31 soon, but that shouldn't necessarily matter.

In the CL final for a DM he was kinda ballin out! He was so mobile and quick, and hardly lost the ball, everytime he was pressured he just dribbled his way out of trouble.

I recently re-watched our game against Liverpool, and as much as we were probably missing Ramsey and wouldn't have lost so easily without him, I felt we were missing some individual skill and mobility in the team.

Guys like Özil, Arteta, Cazorla seem to play better when we are dominating posssesion and the ball gets recycled back to us easily.

But when teams pressure us with pace and skill, our players lack pace and skill to get out of trouble.

You look at Atletico and whilst they didn't play that well against Madrid, when they are attacking they usually have robust playmakers like Arda/Koke who can keep possession under pressure more than Cazorla, Özil who need to find space to operate or an outlet like Walcott/Ramsey to find.

I am shocked at how bad Özil is sometimes when he is on the wings trying to take on a player. No pace or power he loses possession easily out there. Cazorla is good but he needs Gibbs behind him to penetrate.

I would say we should go for Özil/Cazorla in the middle and sign a technical player on the wing with pace/power. Not another blunt forward like Griezmann who is a Podolski with pace, someone who can link play in close under pressure, stretch defences.

We have the perfect player in Chamberlain to fill this role, he is just not consistent, his passing is too erratic too.

But on paper, if both are fit and consistent, Chamberlain + Walcott on the wings is perfectly balanced.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If Luis Muriel didnt have problems with health, I would look no more.
Really a shame.

I agree with ASAP.
Gervinho as CF those couple of games showed us what we need from our new striker. Mobility, directness, pace. Of course, striker should know how to score and thats what we need to find.

I Have a feeling he is out there, but I just cant think of him :)

Anyone had a closer look of Volland?
He is showing skills, nose for a goal too, but can he play as a striker?
I am still a fan of the other german, Kruse. Wouldn't mind him here at all,

Brotherz

Immobile from Torino.
Serie A top scorer
Quick feet
Strong
Pacey
Great finisher
Young.

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/ytBAcHTddHk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/ytBAcHTddHk</a>

Giroud

Established Member
I really like Siqueira but with Monreal struggling physically in the PL maybe he's best off on the continent. He's got more pace though and is one of the best technical fullbacks around. Real eyed him up as a replacement for Coentrao last summer and at the reported 8m euro fee I'd take a punt on him for sure.

Top Bottom