• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ArseGod

Yeah I think Gundogan will need a year to prove his fitness ahead of any move. Hummels I believe will stay another year, although they already have his long term replacement in Ginter. Reus is the mystery in all honesty. Don't think he would leave Dortmund this summer, but if we stump up anything is possible.

Would be very interested in Gundogan or Vidal next summer. I'm saying this assuming that we sign a cm this summer (khedira/morgan/bender). Also my suggetsed signings next summer of Vidal and/or Gundogan represent competition signings. Imagine

Gundogan
Khedira Ramsey

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ospina in.

Khedira, Martinez or Vidal. 20-35m (Arteta and Flamini phased out, Coquellin sold)

Reus or Balotelli. 20-40m - Podolski/Giroud out (or both).

Proper wishlist.

Floating

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Ospina in.

Khedira, Martinez or Vidal. 20-35m (Arteta and Flamini phased out, Coquellin sold)

Reus or Balotelli. 20-40m - Podolski/Giroud out (or both).

Proper wishlist.

Seconded, although we'd need a cheap and promising backup CB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if we get desperate at DM position i think we should try to buy Imbula i remember watched him last season against us he was very impressive very powerful defensive midfielder.

trunks206

Established Member
Raphaël Varane please. Perfect blend of Per and Kos. I know it's just silly paper talk but it looks like his contract talks have stalled (we know he isn't going anywhere) but he has everything to be a supreme defender. How Wenger missed out on him while he was at Lens and we were dealing with Johan, Squid etc is mind boggling.

And I would also like to add my consigning of wish listing Marco Reus. He is my favorite non Arsenal player, I ****ing love watching him (but not on some Gervais and Mario Gotze love fest :lol: ) He has everything in his locker: Pace, dribbling, vision, decision making, striking, dead ball delivery and end product. I would pay the 45m or whatever the hell it costs in a freaking heartbeat. Sucks that Podolski plays in the same position as the chances of him working on getting him here would be a lot better if he didn't feel like he'd bench him (even more :lol:). Serious, I would nut myself if we signed him. Puma would too.

squallkid

Established Member
Floating said:
squallkid said:
John Stones

Won't be cheap. He's at a decent club, just had a breakthrough season and became an England international at 20. He'll go for at like 15-20m.

20m for a decade or more worth of playing time from a center half?

Get it done

Kos and mert are nearing the wrong side of 30 and per will need to be replaced sooner rather than later.

I say bring in stones now and groom him to take over from per in the next two seasons.

Wait another season and he will be out of our price range, the kid is the next great English center half.

Home grown as well.

Toast

Established Member
What's with all the John Stones love? Admittedly I have barely seen him play at all so I can't - and won't - judge him myself, but is he actually a world class talent or is this yet another English hype job?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In my opinion he could easily go the way of Rodwell, Jones or Smalling, he hasn't really caught my eye overly much. Caulker is the best young English centre back I can see at the moment, still not sure on Stones.

ArseGod

Did Caulker move yet?

Just saw on twitter that City have told Nastasic he can find a new club. Worth a punt for fourth choice? Mancini was very high on him originally right?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fee agreed for Caulker with QPR... think he's waiting to see if other offers come in though. Would be a shame to see him go to another mediocre side.

thedon5

ArseGod said:
Did Caulker move yet?

Just saw on twitter that City have told Nastasic he can find a new club. Worth a punt for fourth choice? Mancini was very high on him originally right?

The sort of defensive signing we need to make. Young (just 21!), experienced and full of potential. He was great in 12/13. I guess his standing has diminished since his injury-ridden 13/14. Definitely good enough for fourth choice IMO and would be a reliable third choice as well if not for his injuries (he'll be there in time though).

We need to jump at the chance to get him. Caulker and him would be a dream.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Caulker could be the new Sol Campbell, coming in and displacing one of Adams (Mertesacker) or Keown (Koscielny).

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
GK- Ospina
DM- Carvalho
CB(s)- Caulker & Nastasic
ST- Balotelli

The above business would turn us into title contenders for sure. Ospina is talented enough to push Szczesny, Carvalho is a combination of Arteta, Flamini & Diaby and will partner Rambo or Wilshere perfectly, Caulker is a very promising CB & is fairly cheap, Balotelli will become world class under Wenger in no time at all.

My realistic wish list based on who we've been linked to/availability. In terms of outs I'd definitely sell one of Flamini or Arteta, get as much as we can for Vermaelen and would probably get Poldi off the books too and give Gnabry the backup spot for LW.

thedon5

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
GK- Ospina
DM- Carvalho
CB(s)- Caulker & Nastasic
ST- Balotelli

The above business would turn us into title contenders for sure. Ospina is talented enough to push Szczesny, Carvalho is a combination of Arteta, Flamini & Diaby and will partner Rambo or Wilshere perfectly, Caulker is a very promising CB & is fairly cheap, Balotelli will become world class under Wenger in no time at all.

My realistic wish list based on who we've been linked to/availability. In terms of outs I'd definitely sell one of Flamini or Arteta, get as much as we can for Vermaelen and would probably get Poldi off the books too and give Gnabry the backup spot for LW.

If we had that I'd be confident of a bit more than just a title challenge. It would literally be the perfect transfer window. We'd have quality, potential and competition for every position.

In terms of selling Flamster or Arteta, it would have to be Flamini for me. I think Poldi would be useful for another season but getting rid of him for a top striker would be good business seeing as it'd only be a small wage upgrade to get someone like Balotelli.

The above would likely cost upwards of £60-70 m though, so it's still wishlist stuff. Fees from outs would be unlikely to pick up more than £20-25 m.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Balotelli and Carvalho would be where we'd need to seriously fork out. Ospina has been touted for as low as £3M, City say they want £15M for Nastasic, Caulker would probably cost around £7M, outgoings could cover that nicely. Sadly Balotelli and Carvalho will cost mortgages.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
That's a bit ambitious tee gee gee bro, could never see wengs doing that. Although in reality he sees the void in those positions, but will only go for 2 or max 3 of them. That's why he's waiting imo, for example if he rushes with cm, and a CF like karim becomes available, he will be left regretting the cm purchase

Latest posts+

Top Bottom