• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Balotelli and Carvalho would be where we'd need to seriously fork out. Ospina has been touted for as low as £3M, City say they want £15M for Nastasic, Caulker would probably cost around £7M, outgoings could cover that nicely. Sadly Balotelli and Carvalho will cost mortgages.

Perhaps not as much as had they lived up to their transfer fee expectations at the WC.

Anzac

Established Member
thedon5 said:
GK- Ospina
DM- Carvalho
CB(s)- Caulker & Nastasic
ST- Balotelli

The above business would turn us into title contenders for sure. Ospina is talented enough to push Szczesny, Carvalho is a combination of Arteta, Flamini & Diaby and will partner Rambo or Wilshere perfectly, Caulker is a very promising CB & is fairly cheap, Balotelli will become world class under Wenger in no time at all.

My realistic wish list based on who we've been linked to/availability. In terms of outs I'd definitely sell one of Flamini or Arteta, get as much as we can for Vermaelen and would probably get Poldi off the books too and give Gnabry the backup spot for LW.

If we had that I'd be confident of a bit more than just a title challenge. It would literally be the perfect transfer window. We'd have quality, potential and competition for every position.

In terms of selling Flamster or Arteta, it would have to be Flamini for me. I think Poldi would be useful for another season but getting rid of him for a top striker would be good business seeing as it'd only be a small wage upgrade to get someone like Balotelli.

The above would likely cost upwards of £60-70 m though, so it's still wishlist stuff. Fees from outs would be unlikely to pick up more than £20-25 m.

For those signings I'd sell the likes of Podolski, Giroud, Cazorla, Arteta, Flamini & TV if needs be. Alternatively I'd break into the 100m we have sitting in Cash Reserves.

Anzac

Established Member
mavelous said:
That's a bit ambitious tee gee gee bro, could never see wengs doing that. Although in reality he sees the void in those positions, but will only go for 2 or max 3 of them. That's why he's waiting imo, for example if he rushes with cm, and a CF like karim becomes available, he will be left regretting the cm purchase

TBH IMO a CMD like Carvalho is far more akin to signing Özil than would be Benzema. Carvalho enables you to take the risk on Balotelli for 15-20m. But the thing you don't do is you don't retain Giroud as your starting CF by choice/design/intent.

thedon5

Balotelli and Carvalho would be where we'd need to seriously fork out. Ospina has been touted for as low as £3M, City say they want £15M for Nastasic, Caulker would probably cost around £7M, outgoings could cover that nicely. Sadly Balotelli and Carvalho will cost mortgages.

Would be great to get one back on City by taking Nastasic. He'd actually do well here unlike all the * we've sold them.

Then Caulker to irritate the Spuds - I'm starting to like the sound of this more and more :D .

I'm confident if we signed the lot we'd need to see little activity in the next two windows at the very least, possible three or four windows. So with our newfound financial muscle it would represent a great summer for both this season and the future.

I can't help it, Alexis has taken me to a dream land where wish listing is possible :eek:ops: .

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Great point that last one. All of it just came down on us suddenly, contract expirations, arteta turning crap over a fortnight, walcit's form concern

So much to do in one summer, work of many seasons, going forward as as well as resulting from underinvestment for several previous seasons.

And the weird part is, as you say, we could be set for 4-5 years if we get carwalho and a top striker

thedon5

We've always had so much to do, every single season. I'd argue this season we have less to do than we ever did, which is why you have to be excited by the fact that we're so damn close to having an essentially complete squad on paper, one even the sugardaddy clubs would love to have, and that is truly something.

I hope the club realise that as well. The signs so far suggest they do - Sanchez and Debuchy were wrapped up quickly for a good reason. The club knows very well how important it is to plan for the future too, and this summer could accommodate for the future extremely well. Would mean minimal work for Wenger and/or his potential replacement down the line and that is important too.

Truly exciting times.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Don't want too much disruption in our team, Ospina is cool because back-up keepers don't affect much, we need a CB to be able to play with either Mert or Kos this will be a huge disruption, we've lost Sagna and are about to lose our 2nd longest serving defender.

Sagna, Vermaelen, Fabianski all look set to leave no reason for us to lose Arteta/Flamini, Cazorla and Giroud as well. We can phase Arteta, Flamini, Diaby and Rosicky this season and lose Vermaelen on a free next summer. We can afford to lose on of Giroud/Podolski and I see no logic in selling Santi as he can play across the midfield.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
With Ornstein saying we no longer after Khedira and Lars Bender and his club are adamant he is going no where. The is only a limited amount of options for DM: Carvalho, Witsel, De Jong, Gonalons, Kondogbia and Mavuba. Who would people most like we get? Also with Napoli in talks with Kramer does that mean Inler might become available for a large fee? Personally would love Inler to sign for us.

truth_hurts

Mitch said:
With Ornstein saying we no longer after Khedira and Lars Bender and his club are adamant he is going no where. The is only a limited amount of options for DM: Carvalho, Witsel, De Jong, Gonalons, Kondogbia and Mavuba. Who would people most like we get? Also with Napoli in talks with Kramer does that mean Inler might become available for a large fee? Personally would love Inler to sign for us.

1. Vidal
2. Martinez
3. Witsel
4. Scniederlin
5. Carvalho

ArseGod

I would honestly prefer to see us add a fourth choice center half and just keep Vermaelen until his contract runs out

Toast

Established Member
^ Agreed. That would give the fourth choice enough time to adjust to the club / league. Replacing Vermaelen en adding a fourth would essentially leave us two risky options since we won't know for sure how long it will take for them to adjust or how they work with Per of Kos. With Vermaelen staying we can have him step in when needed while the fourth choice adjusts.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
According to Kike Marin, Messi asked about a move to Arsenal. Was never going to happen, but just imagine...

musicmonkey

Established Member
Is Nastastic really available i haven't seen the links? I'd be all over him, looked sensational when he was fit and got a run in the side at City.

Flow

Scheiderlin. But Carvalho or Khedira are also great.

IMO we should go to Real and ask who's allowed to leave. Now with the signings of Kroos and James, maybe there's a second Özil in the making?

Benzema? Di Maria ?

Would Sanchez-Walcott-Di Maria work?

truth_hurts

Yard sale at Real, hopefully could snatch Illaramendi (Wasn't we in for him before?) or see if Khediras changed his mind.

Top Bottom