• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ArseGod

Have a sneaking suspicion we'll rap up the DM in the next two weeks. I think we'll go in late for a Real cast off ie Di Maria or Benzema.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How will Benzema become a cast off? Isn't he the only striker at Real now? Falcao has just said he's staying at Monaco.

Benzema at Real looks a vital player.

I think we're 3 signings short atm, a top CB, an Arteta replacement and a CF.

At CF we're going into next season with doubts again.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm bored so am going to throw out some ideas for low cost solutions to our squad issues plenty of value out there.

Bargain basement options:

GK: Ospina seems pretty much wrapped up for 3-4m this is excellent business.

DEF: Just going to throw some names out here in no particular order Richards, Manquillo, Lescott*, Rodwell, Steven Taylor, Fabio Contreao, Mexes. All low cost all could do a better back up job than Jenkinson, Vermaelen or Gibbs/Monreal (opinion).

MID: same approach - Milner, Rodwell*, Veloso, Fernandes, Capoue, Huddlestone, Gonalons.

FWDS: Balotelli, Lavezzi*, Llorente.

I would actually take Lescott, Rodwell and Lavezzi. Probably cost 30m tops and all 3 could do a solid job here particularly the latter 2.

Real wishlist would be Carvalho/Martinez/Illaramendi/Khedira for CM , Lescott for back up CB and Di Maria, Reus or Cavani for our big name forward 65m. Outs would be Vermaelen, Podolski, Flamini and Giroud 33m.

Pies

Actually surprised where we are at this stage - Sanchez, Debuchy, Ospina, Chambers?...for me we really need just the 2 players now (CM and a CB if TV goes). Easier said than done, I know, but we had quite a bit of work to do this summer and with over a month before the window closes we are further along than I thought we might be.

Really think we are in for a CM, just hope we can get it done. Would be a major disappoint to not strengthen that area with some of the other good work we've done this summer. And of course, a backup CB is really important if TV goes as well. Still over a month to go, won't be too surprised if we end up signing one or both of these players after the season has started and late on in the window.

cannonade

Established Member
When we add our new signings to the mix, I believe Arteta's limitations will be even more glaring. Can't wait to see someone like Khedira or Schneiderlin out there.

been

I think statiscally Morgan is the most interesting DM available in europe at the moment.

In head to heads he edges all of our targets in terms of tackles and passes etc.

Players and Fans player of the year for 2012/13

Apparently he covered more ground than any other midfielder in europe in the 2012 season (I love high workrate big engine players, something we have lacked recently)

French with tons of PL exp.

This one just seems to make the most sense for us however the fee is iffy.

Chappers

been said:
I think statiscally Morgan is the most interesting DM available in europe at the moment.

In head to heads he edges all of our targets in terms of tackles and passes etc.

Players and Fans player of the year for 2012/13

Apparently he covered more ground than any other midfielder in europe in the 2012 season (I love high workrate big engine players, something we have lacked recently)

French with tons of PL exp.

This one just seems to make the most sense for us however the fee is iffy.

home grown as well.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out
Schneiderlin
Cavani

^if we actually managed that this would be one of the best transfer windows I think I can remember since Bergkamp and could be better.

For the reasons other people said above and the fee I think Schneiderlin is the most realistic holding mid we can sign this summer who is a definite upgrade on Arteta.

Cavani I like although he might be priced too high. Might depend on how much Di Maria costs but I think he is worth it as an upgrade on Giroud and providing much needed depth at striker.

Iceman10

Established Member
Hi Roadrunner, welcome (back?), good to see you out of the lobby.

Based on Ornstein's tweet yesterday I believe the only signings outstanding this window (assuming Chambers is announced shortly) are CDM and also CB if Vermaelen leaves. In all likelihood Vermaelen will leave, just a matter of timing because the BFG is not back until after our season opener against Palace. There could be an additional surprise associated with recent rumours regarding Firmino and Costa, suggesting that AW may be mulling over a versatile AM/SS who can possibly also play CF if required. As with you I think Cavani (likely £45m minimum) is perhaps overpriced.

Toast

Established Member
-----------Szczesny
Debuchy - Per - Kos - Gibbs
-------Ramsey - Khedira
Wally ------ Özil ------ Ox
-----------Sanchez

Only one more piece to go.

swyu093sw799.gif

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Could Tevez be available with Juve going big on Morata. 20m plus 170k could get Carlos here, long shot but you never know. Talking of long shots still keen on Martinez.

Martinez and Tevez in with Vermaelen, Flamini, Coquellin and Giroud/Podolski out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom