• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

kel varnsen

Established Member
Brazilian_gooner said:
kel varnsen said:
jester said:
fair enough, but would you agree that buying beckham (a year or two ago) would pay for itself.
i was under the impression that other playes such as henry wasnt that far behind, but it looks like they are

yes, beckham would pay for himself, but he's the only one. at least in terms of 'direct' revenue. by that i mean not withstanding the performance on the pitch and whatever revenues that would bring. beckham is unique; his market potential is far bigger than everyone else combined. beckham alone has probably increased real madrid's revenue by close to £30-40 mill. he is a gold mine; at least if the club can tap into 'it'.
Do you know if there was any decrease in merchandise revenue in Man U with Beckham´s departure?

i think it stayed fairly unchanged, but the biggest economical bonuses that come with beckham are bigger sponsor deals(for example the pepsi deal, which real madrid got a piece of), a raised general interest in the club which in turn generates more tv and other media related revenue and a growth in the fanbase. the revenue from club merchandise itself is not that vital...

Zokora

Lets hope he doesn't,but if he does then we should use the money and buy Philip Lahm,truly a great player,not only because of the World Cup games.

Harding

i know he is a long life arsenal fan, and with the addition of going into a new stadium next year and henry signing a new contract....he has to stay dosent he??!

ramon12

Marcelo Vieira da Silva Júnior(Fluminense; 1988)
IMO, this kid will be the best LB of the World in the near future(besides his age)!!! He was in the same Brazil U17 team w/ Kerlon, Anderson, Ramon...Amazing talent, has everything what you need in a LB. Of course he needs to improve defensive skills, but you can see that is just matter of time and experience. This kid has it all!! Amazing skills, pace, first step, dribbles and is a little dirty like Gattuso and Daniel Alves ...Marcelo is already a regular starter in Fluminense first team, and everytime that I see Marcelo playing (last night for example) his game is improving!! It´s not a strech to say that Marcelo has the same dribble ability of Robinho and Ronaldinho, but playing as an LB.
Brazil NT material , for sure.

ramon12

Marcelo Vieira da Silva Júnior(Fluminense; 1988)
IMO, this kid will be the best LB of the World in the near future(besides his age)!!! He was in the same Brazil U17 team w/ Kerlon, Anderson, Ramon...Amazing talent, has everything what you need in a LB. Of course he needs to improve defensive skills, but you can see that is just matter of time and experience. This kid has it all!! Amazing skills, pace, first step, dribbles and is a little dirty like Gattuso and Daniel Alves ...Marcelo is already a regular starter in Fluminense first team, and everytime that I see Marcelo playing (last night for example) his game is improving!! It´s not a strech to say that Marcelo has the same dribble ability of Robinho and Ronaldinho, but playing as an LB.
Brazil NT material , for sure.

ramon12

Marcelo Vieira da Silva Júnior is a leftback with flair and dirtiness
Denilson Pereira Neves is a young strong super Defensive Mid
Ramon Osni Moreira Lage is a technical attacking player
Kerlon Moura Souza has weird skills
Igor Siqueira Pessanha is a deadly poacher Celsinho is a midfielder who looks like Ronaldinho
Roberto is a young dynamo in midfield
Sidnei is a error prone but Solid pacy Rock
Leyrieton is a pacy offensive right back
Renato is a Freddie Ljunberg remake
Anderson is so pacy and skillful
Dineslon is a class playmaker
Bruno Mezenga is a promising forward
Rafael Sobis is a super quick attacer
Eduardo Ratinho is a attacking defender
Rincon is at Man U(sad) but will not be wasted
Felipe is a young hot goalkeeper
Thiago(Zicos Son)is so good like his dad
Thiago Pinto Borges is a bursting playmaker(but we have Cesc)
Joao Assis Silva is a dangerous forward
Sergio Arias is a promising mexican goalkeeper
thats as much info MORE TO COME!!

CATMANREYES

I just heard from a mexican tv program, that its almost confirmed that Carlos Salcido (Mexico-Chivas) signed with the Arsenal. He used to play for my favorite mexican soccer team (chivas) I can tell he is a pretty good defender, Lets see if its true or not. Any news in england?

Rohit

Established Member
kooldawg said:
Raghav89 said:
India's only player who made it to the english league-played a preseason friendly against united for bury and nearly scored from 30 yard's out

Bhutia is basically a mediocore player, i dont think that he has the class or the required potential to play for the club. I know you being Indian your gonna support him, but i'm also Indian and i know that he sucks.

True he isn't even Sunderland material,infact none of the players from here will ever be atleast for the next 20 years,till there are major infrastructural changes.

asajoseph

Established Member
To be honest, Wikipedia is the last place worth getting up to date football news...

Didn't Vela come from Chivas, by the way?

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
To be honest, Wikipedia is the last place worth getting up to date football news...

Didn't Vela come from Chivas, by the way?

Actually, the page is probably updated by Mexicans, who have access to sources we can't get. There is also a link to an article there if you noticed.

Yes, Vela came from Chivas.

Viper

Established Member
Is he a centre back? His height is 174 cm. Thats pretty short for a centre back, unless he is really good in the air like Cannavaro.

Top Bottom