• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

trunks206

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Could Tevez be available with Juve going big on Morata. 20m plus 170k could get Carlos here, long shot but you never know. Talking of long shots still keen on Martinez.

Martinez and Tevez in with Vermaelen, Flamini, Coquellin and Giroud/Podolski out.

^170 pw for Tevez!? No thanks!

But I hope we go all out for Martinez though. Surely he didnt move to Bayern to win the treble being a mainstay in his natural position only to be push back to CB or the bench so a others including a RB take his preferred position.

I say we temp Pep with an offer and see if he's willing to part ways. With Spian's failures in Brazil, Del Bosque will surely be willing/looking to change things up so it gives a chance for Javi to impress at club level and force his way into building Spain's future midfield (Although Busquets is still top class) but you never now and he could do that here and he certainly isn't going to into Spain's midfield playing at CB (or riding the bench) for Munch.

Him and my guy Marco Reus and I back us against anyone in world football.

Ramsey--Martinez
------Özil
Walcott-----Reus
-----Sanchez

Hands down best midfield in world football coupled with one of the deadliest and most fluid forward lines to boot.

:bounce

Gervais

Established Member
4f5f52a273c02080c5dbe6898833d9a9.png

Prediction rather than a wishlist.

cannonade

Established Member
Here's my wish list: For Wenger to go away again so we can get the rumors flowing. As soon as his plane lands all the ITKs scatter to their dark corners.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
CB in: Nastasic, Smalling, Varane (long shot) 15m or 25 for Varane. Vermaelen out 12m
CM: Martinez 30m or Khedira 20m out Coquellin and Flamini
forward: Cavani loan with 40m option to buy, Tevez 20m, Lavezzi 15m

Kwaku

Ideally I'd like Wenger to sign a starting striker to displace Giroud and a midfielder to replace Arteta in the line up. Also sign a starting caliber centre back that can compete with Koscielny and Mertesacker when Vermaelen leaves.

Given the number of players that we currently gave I can only see Wenger signing anymore players if a few leave.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Striker and DM with Vermaelen being replaced and we probably knocking on the door of 'top 5 squads in Europe'.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I've all but given up on a striker by now, a quality DM and Verm replacement would be great though.

I'm less worried about the striker situation now, still a priority long term but our options aren't a joke anymore. Out wide we're looking good and guys like Theo, Sanchez and Joel can contribute up front. Anything that keeps Giroud from playing consistently.

cannonade

Established Member
CurryFlavoured said:
I've all but given up on a striker by now, a quality DM and Verm replacement would be great though.

I'm less worried about the striker situation now, still a priority long term but our options aren't a joke anymore. Out wide we're looking good and guys like Theo, Sanchez and Joel can contribute up front. Anything that keeps Giroud from playing consistently.
In a way I kind of disagree Curry, because Sanogo is so young and inexperienced, but Wenger values him and believes he will develop. if anything our striker situation is at it's worst now, but will improve greatly as the young guns learn their trade and grow up (Sanogo, Akpom, Campbell). I believe these players have talent and will only get better long term.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If Sanogo is our long term striker plan then I'd be a bit worried. Don't let his 4 goals today make your mind up yet, he's very raw and has a long way to go.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

CurryFlavoured said:

I dont think it is urgent at all. Sanchez will be more than adequate. His goal return overall may not be the greatest (1 in 4 I believe) but last season was his best return and this is the first time he will be at a club as the main man. No Cavani, No Messi, or Lavezzi or Pedro etc. This is his time to be the main goal scorer.

edit; Thats not to say I wouldnt be against another coming in but I dont think its a top priority.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Don't think he ever played with Cavani or Lavezzi, although he did play with di Natale at Udinese.

The only worry I have with Sanchez as striker is his size, but he is well-built and has a Messi/Suarez level center of gravity. Ideally we'd have Sanchez on the wing and bring in a quality striker, but I can see Sanchez consistently scoring 20-25+ goals up front.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

:FACEPALM: Why did I think he played for Napoli, foot in mouth moment. Yes you are correct Di Natale, stupid mistake.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone got any preferences for a CB if Vermaelen leaves? It wouldn't hurt to get more cover as well as Chambers imo.

A few tabloids are linking us to Fabian Schar who is supposed to be extremely talented, anyone seen much of him? Didn't see him at the WC, I think he was benched by Djourou and Senderos which is hardly encouraging. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kostas Manolas had a good WC. Young, linked with Juventus and contract ends in 2016. Good in the air if I remember correctly.

Last week I read Reid rejected a new deal at West Ham, he's another I like.

Decent CB and CF, we're bang in shape. Im with Dok too, let's accept the market and move for someone like Bony.

Iceman10

Established Member
Mangala is on the verge of signing for City, so Nastasic would have to still be considered also, albeit with the challenge of a transfer between rivals.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen much of Manolas but Reid has been solid and Nastasic would be ideal, doubt City would sell to us. Very few transfers amongst top 4 normally.

trunks206

Established Member
Neven Subotic, Dortmund CB.

I've wish listed him many times but to me he is my ideal long term Per replacement. (Raphael Varane is mine for Koscielny)

25 y/o, 6' 4" (1.92m) very intelligent defender, loads of experience, and he's cool and composed at all times despite playing next to jokers (Hummels and Santana) often. Sounds familiar right? Plus he spent to mid-teens on living in the US so he'll have no issues understanding Bould while he molds him into and even better defender.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom