• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
GoonerGurjit said:
Big Poppa said:
Ze Roberto on a free transfer anyone?

If only he was a few years younger.

Why? We're not a youth team. He's just 31, a good age for a player of his position.

he's the finished article, just confirmed that he's decided to leave Bayern. Been Brasil's best midfielder at the WC. AC Milan are preparing a deal to sign him.

This is not another rough diamond here that we'd spend season upon season debating his potential while looking on as our rivals fight it out for the biggest prizes, this guy is consistency defined.

He has an engine like Cafu, while being as solid as Makelele - will play at least another 3 years at the highest level. I'm thinking how his experience could help our younger players too...

A very combative player with great skill and a peach of a left peg available on a free transfer in an area where we've lacked depth and experience.... :)

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
David copperfield on a free transfer from underworld anyone ? I think it would be a great signing as a spare shadow striker.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
NIPOLOPO said:
David copperfield on a free transfer from underworld anyone ? I think it would be a great signing as a spare shadow striker.

:roll:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rohit said:
kooldawg said:
Raghav89 said:
India's only player who made it to the english league-played a preseason friendly against united for bury and nearly scored from 30 yard's out

Bhutia is basically a mediocore player, i dont think that he has the class or the required potential to play for the club. I know you being Indian your gonna support him, but i'm also Indian and i know that he sucks.

True he isn't even Sunderland material,infact none of the players from here will ever be atleast for the next 20 years,till there are major infrastructural changes.

Having said that , what were the odds that the best player of Indian origin was born in Mauritius(1.5 million) and plays for France ( Vikash Dhorasoo).

Lord Dula

Established Member
Right these are well wishy but the following players are all at the level should be looking at too improve and I've tried to leave out stupid examples like Ronaldinho who are stupidly out of reach:

Keepers

Buffon
Isaksonn (spelling)

Defenders

Bill Gallas
Trabelsi
Metzelder
Ayala
Boulaz wots his name from Holland
Lucio

Midfielders

Mascherano
Thiago Motta
Riquelme
Senna

Forwards/Wingers

Lennon (best in the world)
Ribery
Torres
Tevez
Maxi
Klose

Harding

i know this is probably gonna create a bit of a stir but i have become a keane admirer of owen hargreaves especially after the portugual game, its not so much to do with his tackling and covering abilities, i am admirable of his work effort and energy levels! i think he has had a great tournement and can clearly see now why he has always been in the england set-up and i know we have been linked with hargreaves in the past. i read a report today on sky sports that states thats hargreaves would only leave Bayern if it was to play at a club with a similar high profile to Bayern. Now i know he was also linked with Sp**s in the past, but now they have splashed the cash on zokoro, i couldnt see owen moving in that direction ( plus Sp**s are hardly of the bayern calibure), so maybe a move to the gunners is on the cards, especially considdering we need an anchor man in the midfield, maybe Hargreaves is the answser?

kel varnsen

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
kel varnsen said:
meira, maniche

Interesting picks, Kel. Both players have been impressive for Portugal. I wonder where Maniche will play next season.

didn't he and costinha sign for atletico madrid, along with seitaridis? or was that just more nonsense from the spanish press?

junialum

asajoseph said:
It depends on what formation we'll be playing primarily next season, and to be honest, I'm not too sure - will Wenger try to replicate the success of last season's European 4-5-1 in the league? Will we switch between 4-5-1 and 4-4-2? Has he dropped a cryptic hint at a possible 4-3-3?

If we're playing 4-5-1 regularly next year, there's easily room for another central midfielder. 7 players (with 4 potential wide players) covering 5 midfield positions really isn't that much. In fact, if we're sticking to 4-4-2, we're rogered if either Cesc of Gilberto get injured, as Diaby's out for most of the season and neither Song nor Flamini are good enough.

So I'd agree that we have a surplus of wide players, but in the middle of the park it's a completely different story - in fact, I'd go so far as to say that if we don't sign another central midfielder, we'll not finish higher than 4th again next season.

I think the signing of Tomas Rosicky gives us the chance to play all 3 formations. In a 4-4-2 he takes the left wing with cesc and gilberto in the middle and helb/ljungberg on the right. In a 4-5-1, he plays central with cesc and gilberto (reyes and helb/ljungberg on the wings). In a 4-3-3, he takes the role of a middle "striker" but falls behind a little (his best position).

We'll need an additional backup DM.

junialum

And Wikipedia can't be trusted too much really, you could add "Torres in talks with Arsenal" under Torres and I don't know how many fans here will have wet dreams if they already are not.

Well its good that we are signing a defender. If this guy comes in, do you think we'll sign Davies?

junialum

Lol and when we spend that all, we'll be in deep financial trouble! :wink:

It'll be heaven if the 4 players move in but out of all that I think we need a DM.

Hargreaves was amazing against Portugal but in other matches, he was just doing his part though I believe playing him at the right back brought out the least in him.

Hargreaves, Javier Masch.... how many options do we have if we are to invest on a DM?

junialum

Zlatan has got a screwed up attitude. Needs others to do the dirty work for him and has not been playing well for the last part of last season with Juve and in the World Cup. I can't remember how many misses he had. Forget Zlatan.

Trezequet. I've only watched this player in internationals (WC02, Eur04, WC06) and everytime he's paired with Henry, he flops. I acutally think France has a chance this WC because Trez is not paired with Henry. So I've never seen him play well and am of course biased against him. I know he bangs in the goals at Juve but will this guy make it in Arsenal with Henry?

And frankly speaking, I don't think we need a new striker for now. At least for this season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom