• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Jameel46

Established Member
we've got Henry, Adebayor, Van Persie, Aliadiere, Walcott, Lupoli, Bendtner. i don't think arsenal need another striker but if arsenal get one it should be one over the age of 25 who can play as the main striker, lupoli and bendtner are still to young, and we need back-up when Thierry doesn't play.

jester

Established Member
hargreaves said he'd only join a top 4 club, and in the past he's spoke to liverpool and arsenal

longrufus

Established Member
Good player and would provide better cover than Flamini and Song. But i dont think he would be able to replace Gilberto as 1st choice, so i doubt he would settle for such a situation.

I really do believe that we are only a few key players from having a great team. And to be honest i would much rather we buy the right player now, than waiting. Its just a question whether Wenger is thinking the same way.

jester

Established Member
well, he is incredibly highly rated in germany, even though in england he isnt. he is a great player, and he showed this in the world cup. he was the player with the most tackles for england, and in the last match he was immense.
if wenger could tap into that sort of form regularly he'd be an excellent addition.
plus it'd be funny to have an england player who is also a 'foreign player', you can imagine what the other fans would say. lol

longrufus

Established Member
Im not disputing the fact that he is a good player, as i rate him quite highly. I do believe he would add to the squad giving us real cover for Gilberto.

But do i believe he is good enough to replace Gilberto in the starting line up, quite simply no. Which i dont think Hargreaves would accept.

What we need is a player who can take the team to the next level (like Diarra). And i dont think Hargreaves is capable of such a feat, considering he would not be a significant improvement over Gilberto.

jester

Established Member
i think he has huge potential, he's still quite young which many people forget, and as we all know gilberto has a run of games where he is our worst player, and in them circumstances hs still plays the next match.
we do need a DM, and i rate him higher than yaya toure. he may be a good option depending on the price he'd take

Harding

ive been swayed into the direction of Hargreaves lately due to his heroic performances in the world cup and also the fact that he is sayin he would only leave Bayern to come to a top 4 English club, and we are that obviously. he still has a lot to learn but has alot of years left in him, wenger would improve his abilities as a player and considerring we have shown an interest in him before, a move for hargreaves would not be out of the ordinary

carlos_sm

Well wednesday just started, i think nothing is going to happen, but since i have nothing better to do i will be expecting a big signing in the next 24 hours.

If nothing happen you just played with my hopes :x :x :x :x

Lets see :D

jester

Established Member
carlos_sm said:
Well wednesday just started, i think nothing is going to happen, but since i have nothing better to do i will be expecting a big signing in the next 24 hours.

If nothing happen you just played with my hopes :x :x :x :x

Lets see :D

why wednesday mate?

Canuck

Established Member
Some people have intimated that their sources say that announcements will be coming on Wednesday.

myhamismad

Speaking of Juve's relegation

Why wouldn't Trezeguet be a beautiful signing? Henry really needs a proper strike partner until the young guns like persie and walcott become ready. They played together at juve as well as the french team. And we'd finally become dangerous on corner kicks, something that's been lacking for a while. (other than sol campbell of course)

fabtastic

i hope we sign somebody, but wouldnt we wait until after the world cup, but i suppose most of the teams are out anyway!

Jameel46

Established Member
Re: Speaking of Juve's relegation

myhamismad said:
Why wouldn't Trezeguet be a beautiful signing? Henry really needs a proper strike partner until the young guns like persie and walcott become ready. They played together at juve as well as the french team. And we'd finally become dangerous on corner kicks, something that's been lacking for a while. (other than sol campbell of course)

makes sense but trez doesn't have the creativity or passing ability to be an arsenal player, maybe thats why torres is being linked?

Bazza19

hi

hi im new ,i would like good cb gallas, mid reo coker and saviola i reckon thats all we need to win the league, maybe gallas is unbelievable but any good CB

Top Bottom