• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bloodbather

Established Member

In:

Mathew Ryan
Ryan Bertrand
Orel Mangala/Yves Bissouma
Sander Berge
Michael Olise
Jack Grealish/Emi Buendia

Out:

Sead Kolasinac
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Lucas Torreira
Mattéo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Nicolas Pépé
Alexandre Lacazette

Breezy

In:

Mathew Ryan
Ryan Bertrand
Orel Mangala/Yves Bissouma
Sander Berge
Michael Olise
Jack Grealish/Emi Buendia

Out:

Sead Kolasinac
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Lucas Torreira
Mattéo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Nicolas Pépé
Alexandre Lacazette

We’d be better off taking Tyrick Mitchell on a free. Bertrand will just be another one who’ll come here and use the club as a retirement home.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
CB, CM and CF look like the problem positions for the summer (aren't they always?)

LCB looks fine, RCB there's a question mark. Holding should be back-up. Saliba is looking good and getting minutes at Nice but there's a big decision to be made there, do we give him the chance? Cos if it turns out he's still not ready we're left with Holding as starting RCB and that's not good enough. Do we buy a quality experienced RCB to help us till Saliba's ready?

Everyone agrees we need a partner for Partey. Xhaka might do an ok job there for now but we need an upgrade. Problem is there's gonna be an exodus of midfielders and if Xhaka leaves too we're very short on numbers. Is Xhaka the kinda guy to play back-up? I don't think so. So what sort of CM do you buy? Prospect, prime age, more defensive or attacking?

Lacazette is cooked here, we'd really benefit from a quality forward who can lead the line. Feels like tactically the trend is towards bigger no. 9's like Calvert-Lewin, the ideal being Haaland obviously. But the ones we were linked to, like Edouard and Daka, don't really fit that mould. Maybe it doesn't have to be a big no. 9, but we need a quality forward.

benjamin86

Established Member
Leno
Ryan
Runnarsson

Bellerin
Cedric

Gabriel
Saliba
Holding
Mari
Luiz

Tierney
Bertrand

Partey
Bissouma
Sabitzer
Guendouzi
Olise
Azeez

Pepe
Nelson
Smith Rowe
Ødegaard/Buendia
Saka
Martinelli

Auba
Edouard
Balogun

In
Bertrand free
Ryan £4m
Bissouma £25m
Sabitzer £35m
Guendouzi (loan ends)
Olise £8m
Ødegaard/Buendia £35-£45m
Edouard £22.5m

Out
Kolasinac £3m
Mustafi (end of contact)
Chambers £12m
Lacazette £20m
Maitland Niles £20m
Willian (exit stage left)
Xhaka £17.5m
Nketiah £15m
Willock (loan)
Torreira £12m
El Neny £5m
Ceballos (loan ends)
Mavropanos £10m

basically change all the centre mids.
Pretty good squad, no point having 2 foreign keepers though! Chuck Runarsson and bring in a young HG third choice.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Not to jinx it but we could be very close to have a great set-up in terms of squad numbers.

1 - Leno
2 - Bellerin
3 - Tierney
4 - Saliba
5 - Partey
6 - Gabriel
7 - Saka
8 - ESR
9 - ??
10 - Ødegaard
11 - Martinelli

Impact

Established Member
Not to jinx it but we could be very close to have a great set-up in terms of squad numbers.

1 - Leno
2 - Bellerin
3 - Tierney
4 - Saliba
5 - Partey
6 - Gabriel
7 - Saka
8 - ESR
9 - ??
10 - Ødegaard
11 - Martinelli

Personally, I'd reserve #8 for our new midfield signing. Think Smith Rowe has done very well so far but it's still quite soon to give him a first-eleven number.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Personally, I'd reserve #8 for our new midfield signing. Think Smith Rowe has done very well so far but it's still quite soon to give him a first-eleven number.

Hm fair point. 8 to Bissouma then, or whoever it is. I was gonna suggest 13 for ESR cos he reminds me of Hleb but I checked wiki and to my horror we've given 13 to f*cking Runarsson. 17 would have been good too but Cedric has that. State of this club.

Impact

Established Member
Hm fair point. 8 to Bissouma then, or whoever it is. I was gonna suggest 13 for ESR cos he reminds me of Hleb but I checked wiki and to my horror we've given 13 to f*cking Runarsson. 17 would have been good too but Cedric has that. State of this club.

:lol::lol::lol:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Article here on who should be our Laca replacement at no. 9, looks at Isak, Darwin Nunez, Malen and Rafael Leao.

Isak looks promising but a bit lightweight, I could see him getting bullied in the PL. I can't see Milan selling Leao at all.

Nunez has a very useful profile, similar to Giroud i'd say. Big and strong, very good link-up play and assist numbers. But he's not prolific. Malen probably the most talented of the four, he's someone who could be elite.

Personally I'd go for Malen but they recommend Nunez mainly cos his link-up play would suit Arteta's system. Hopefully we get to watch him play in the Europa League.

https://topbinstalk.com/2021/01/28/finding-arsenals-next-number-nine/

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
What I'd say about Nunez from clips is that he doesn't look like a stone cold gunman, this isn't a Haaland or Mbappe, but for a young player of 21 his game intelligence and willingness to link up and find teammates is pretty exceptional, usually young strikers think only about scoring and have to learn the other stuff, but his all-round game already looks very good. He'd suit playing at no. 9 with a goalscoring wide forward next to him, which is basically Auba, or what we hope Martinelli will become.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we are looking at new RB & LB as cover, I wouldn't mind having a look at Norwich's Max Aarons or Rico Henry as a young LB cover for Tierney though I doubt we'd be keen to sign either one of them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we want a competent DM to play along side Partey so he can have more freedom to go forward I wouldn't be fussed if we go after Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi. I sign him on my FIFA manager mode & he often does a proficent job for me. Real life is very different though.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If we want a competent DM to play along side Partey so he can have more freedom to go forward I wouldn't be fussed if we go after Leicester's Wilfred Ndidi. I sign him on my FIFA manager mode & he often does a proficent job for me. Real life is very different though.

Partey and Ndidi would be a great midfield. He still has 3 and a half years on his contract though so Leicester would ask for huge money, i'd say it's unrealistic. Utd might have enough to buy him.

Bissouma is a cheaper alternative, 30m or so. Partey, Bissouma and Xhaka competing for the CM spots wouldn't be bad, then blood in Azeez in the cups.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
In:

Haaland
Edouard

Out:

Auba
Laca
Nketiah
Willian
Willock
Torreira
Guendouzi
Bellerin
Mustafi
Luiz
Ceballos
Kronke (father)
Kronke (son)

Bosniak Gooner

What do you guys think of En Nesyri?

I think Arsenal should be all over him this summer, decent physicality, great technique, areal threat.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom