• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dkap

Out:
Ceballos
Runarsson (loan)
Luiz
Xhaka
Lacazette
Elneny
Pepe
Willian
Nketiah (loan)
AMN (loan)
Willock (loan)
Mavropanos (loan)
Guendouzi
Kolasinac
Torreira

In:
Ryan/Henderson/Raya - GK
Gravenberch - CM/CDM
Guimarães/Paredes - CDM
Ødegaard/Aouar/Buendia - CAM
Solomon - LM/RM
Williams - LB/RB
Depay/Isak/??- FW

If we keep Ødegaard as our CAM then go for Isak as our next FW. Both link up well together.

If Ødegaard doesn't work for us, revisit Aouar or Buendia again. Aouar and Depay are more likely going to Serie A or La Liga but you never know.

Guendouzi and Torreira are likely going to be sold if Arteta is here to stay. I'd go Gravenberch as their replacement. Like Pogba but better defensively. He can play the deeper midfield role alongside Partey.

Guimarães is basically the Brazilian version of Thomas Partey. He can play alongside Partey on the left or as a backup since Partey is always injured.

Williams is the LB version of ESR. Young and gritty. He can also play as a RB and is homegrown too.

Ryan would be my favourite as a backup keeper. I like his performance against Villa. He's a keeper with premier league experience which is a plus. However, Ryan is also Australia's number one GK and he needs to start every game if he wants to keep that position. If we can't keep him then go for Raya if Brentford don't get promoted.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
CF - Edouard/Darwin Nunez
AM - Ødegaard/Olise
CM - Bissouma
RB - Hakimi/Mazraoui
LB - someone under 30 please
CB - bring Saliba home

benjamin86

Established Member
Out:
Ceballos
Runarsson (loan)
Luiz
Xhaka
Lacazette
Elneny
Pepe
Willian
Nketiah (loan)
AMN (loan)
Willock (loan)
Mavropanos (loan)
Guendouzi
Kolasinac
Torreira

In:
Ryan/Henderson/Raya - GK
Gravenberch - CM/CDM
Guimarães/Paredes - CDM
Ødegaard/Aouar/Buendia - CAM
Solomon - LM/RM
Williams - LB/RB
Depay/Isak/??- FW

If we keep Ødegaard as our CAM then go for Isak as our next FW. Both link up well together.

If Ødegaard doesn't work for us, revisit Aouar or Buendia again. Aouar and Depay are more likely going to Serie A or La Liga but you never know.

Guendouzi and Torreira are likely going to be sold if Arteta is here to stay. I'd go Gravenberch as their replacement. Like Pogba but better defensively. He can play the deeper midfield role alongside Partey.

Guimarães is basically the Brazilian version of Thomas Partey. He can play alongside Partey on the left or as a backup since Partey is always injured.

Williams is the LB version of ESR. Young and gritty. He can also play as a RB and is homegrown too.

Ryan would be my favourite as a backup keeper. I like his performance against Villa. He's a keeper with premier league experience which is a plus. However, Ryan is also Australia's number one GK and he needs to start every game if he wants to keep that position. If we can't keep him then go for Raya if Brentford don't get promoted.
Good list, who's Williams? Ryan is an AFC fan so he might be ok with staying if he was the cup keeper and played europa, fa cup and league cup?
If Arteta and Guendouzi can't make up hopefully we could get enough money from his sale to buy Gravenberch.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Perfect Laca replacement.

I'm pretty sure if we do buy a young striker it will be one of Isak, Nunez, Edouard, Daka or Malen. Good chance at least one of them will be elite, just not sure who, I'd say Malen if I had to bet on it.

Ideally I'd want 2013 Cavani, 2014 Lewandowski or 2013 Luis Suarez...but alas that's not gonna happen.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Perfect Laca replacement.
I've liked Isak ever since I've first seen him in the Eredivisie. Few moments of tunnelvision in that first clip where he should've tried to find his teammates but good striker. Wonder how he's doing this season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I'm pretty sure if we do buy a young striker it will be one of Isak, Nunez, Edouard, Daka or Malen. Good chance at least one of them will be elite, just not sure who, I'd say Malen if I had to bet on it.

Ideally I'd want 2013 Cavani, 2014 Lewandowski or 2013 Luis Suarez...but alas that's not gonna happen.
Can't say i have watched nearly enough of those guys to have an opinion on them but one thing that favors Isak over them imo is that he is somewhat proven in a top tier league. He also seems to be the perfect fit for what Arteta wants from a striker with his profile. Quick, tall, agile, technical and great link up play. Not the strongest but i don't think it is a problem since he's at his best when he's dropping in to those pockets and andvancing the play by turning or flicking the ball to his teammates. Winning aerial duels and occupying the CBs physically like a Giroud is not his game. He needs to play for a team that will build up play on the floor.
I've liked Isak ever since I've first seen him in the Eredivisie. Few moments of tunnelvision in that first clip where he should've tried to find his teammates but good striker. Wonder how he's doing this season.
He had a tough start to the season but picked up form recently. 8 npg and 2 assists in 14 starts, 0.62 npg/90. Willian Jose signing for Wolves seems to have had a positive impact on his form now that he doesn't have to share minutes with him so often.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Can't say i have watched nearly enough of those guys to have an opinion on them but one thing that favors Isak over them imo is that he is somewhat proven in a top tier league. He also seems to be the perfect fit for what Arteta wants from a striker with his profile. Quick, tall, agile, technical and great link up play. Not the strongest but i don't think it is a problem since he's at his best when he's dropping in to those pockets and andvancing the play by turning or flicking the ball to his teammates. Winning aerial duels and occupying the CBs physically like a Giroud is not his game. He needs to play for a team that will build up play on the floor.

He had a tough start to the season but picked up form recently. 8 npg and 2 assists in 14 starts, 0.62 npg/90. Willian Jose signing for Wolves seems to have had a positive impact on his form now that he doesn't have to share minutes with him so often.

This guy apparently thinks he's behind Haaland and Mbappe as the best u-23 goalscorer in Europe, which is maybe pushing it, but it's high praise. There's also the potential Ødegaard/Isak connection.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Seems to me you kinda have 3 options assuming Lacazette is sold in the summer.

- You can sell Auba too and start afresh, buy a new CF and/or LW

- You can keep Auba at LW and basically upgrade Lacazette, buy a CF who can link play but with better athleticism than Lacazette and hopefully more prolific

- You can put Auba at CF and buy a quality LW who will turbocharge the attack to allow Auba to get high xG and put chances away.

Reading this piece on Villa it's interesting how they really rely on Grealish to create and Watkins to score, it's a great partnership. You'd think Grealish would replicate that here, he'd create so much that Auba could stick to the penalty box and focus on scoring, while Saka and ESR augment the attack without having to be the main stars of it.

Saka - ESR - Grealish
--------Auba

https://statsbomb.com/2021/02/aston-villa-2020-21-deep-dive/

Option 1 is somehow unlikely, and there's no inherently better option between 2 and 3, it's just about quality. The only thing I'd say is that all the CFs I see are prospects with potential to succeed or fail, whereas there's one Grealish out there who, if you can find the money, is a sure bet to come in and be elite.

TornadoTed

Established Member
This is a super useful feature, you can find any player and see how they perform but also which players are most similar to them. So for example Jadon Sancho is very good, he's similar to Messi and Grealish, also to Moussa Diaby. So maybe you can't afford a Sancho, so Diaby is an alternative etc etc

https://fbref.com/en/players/dbf053da/Jadon-Sancho

Great site which I wish I'd never seen, I could see myself wasting hours on there!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Great site which I wish I'd never seen, I could see myself wasting hours on there!

Ha yeah it's a real rabbit hole. For example who's the most similar player to Partey? Yves Bissouma! So for all the people who watch Partey and say "if only we had two of him", well buy Bissouma and you can.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
CF - Edouard/Darwin Nunez
AM - Ødegaard/Olise
CM - Bissouma
RB - Hakimi/Mazraoui
LB - someone under 30 please
CB - bring Saliba home

I like some of the names, but we need to think of the players who have big contracts and where we want to play players. We need to create paths for our talents.

Auba - we have to work with him
Martinelli - he needs games
Saka - he has to play
ESR -he needs games
Saliba- he needs games
Pepe -it has to work

I'll take the Guendouzi hit, but Arteta can't just throw away 30 million pounds players and replace them with 50 million pound payers. He is not at City. He needs to prove himself as a coach and work with these players.

Front line

Cf: Auba, Martinelli
Lw: Pepe
Rw: Saka, Solomon.

That's what I would leave the forward line as it is. That way Martinelli can play left or centre and he isn't blocked. We need to try and move Willian an Nelson on if there is no future.

Martinelli is currently 3 choice left winger and 4th choice striker. That isn't right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom