• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is Leicester City we are talking about, they tend to get big fees for their players. They got 50m for Chilwell, and I know he’s homegrown but he’s also no where near as good as Pereira. Can’t see him going for anything under 40m unfortunately

Yeah, but they also tie their players down on long term deals that allows them to command such high fees. According to that transfer market website (not sure how accurate this is), he has 2 years left on his deal. I'm not sure they'd be able to justify asking for a 40m fee.

TopGunner81

Yeah, but they also tie their players down on long term deals that allows them to command such high fees. According to that transfer market website (not sure how accurate this is), he has 2 years left on his deal. I'm not sure they'd be able to justify asking for a 40m fee.

That’s a fair point tbh! Personally I’d like someone a bit younger like Bogle or Lamptey but certainly wouldn’t turn my nose up at Pereira

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That’s a fair point tbh! Personally I’d like someone a bit younger like Bogle or Lamptey but certainly wouldn’t turn my nose up at Pereira

Yeah that's fair. I'm a big fan of Lamptey and Justin, but Lampteys been out all season basically and Justin has just done his ACL. Ricardo is 28 so we can get him in his peak years then move onto one of the others maybe.

I dont think Arsenal plan that far ahead though lol.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like the look of Amine Gouiri at Nice. Can play LW or CF, been compared to Benzema but I also see a lot of Firmino in him. Tbh if I were Liverpool i'd be looking at this guy to replace Firmino.

We rate Laca's ability on the ball, his ability to drop and hold up play, but we don't like his lack of athleticism. Well I watch clips of Gouiri and see a guy who could do what Laca does, but he's taller, stronger and faster. He has finishing ability, but what stands out is his technical security on the ball. You could see this guy being an all-round forward for a Champions League team.

Different options out there but so many questions marks. I see gunmen like Edouard and Daka but can they scale up that goalscoring to a better league, and do they have all-round CF play? I see big men like Darwin Nunez and Dusan Vlahovic but can they add goals and finesse to their game? Gouiri is kinda different, I see instant scalability to a top team in a big league. We should be looking at him.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Wilfred Ndidi may have had a shocker in general against last game but would anyone still be keen to take him on, upgrade on El Neny for CDM for example?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I like the look of Amine Gouiri at Nice. Can play LW or CF, been compared to Benzema but I also see a lot of Firmino in him. Tbh if I were Liverpool i'd be looking at this guy to replace Firmino.

We rate Laca's ability on the ball, his ability to drop and hold up play, but we don't like his lack of athleticism. Well I watch clips of Gouiri and see a guy who could do what Laca does, but he's taller, stronger and faster. He has finishing ability, but what stands out is his technical security on the ball. You could see this guy being an all-round forward for a Champions League team.

Different options out there but so many questions marks. I see gunmen like Edouard and Daka but can they scale up that goalscoring to a better league, and do they have all-round CF play? I see big men like Darwin Nunez and Dusan Vlahovic but can they add goals and finesse to their game? Gouiri is kinda different, I see instant scalability to a top team in a big league. We should be looking at him.

Completely agree regarding Gouiri. Been on my watchlist for a very long time now. As you say, you want the next Benzema/Firmino type of striker you get him.

Another one to watch is Suttgart's Sasa Kalajdzic. 2m tall with great technique - very rare that combination. That boy can go places.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Would really like to see Andrea Belotti here. Another very good season despite Torino struggling. Think he`ll be very well suited to the PL, robust, good in the air, decent pace and proven goalscorer. Very loyal to Torino I think and Italian strikers in the PL hasn`t always done well but really like his profile.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I also like Joan Jordan a lot for the CM role. We were linked ages ago when he was at Eibar. Just a very good all-round CM, press resistant with quality on the ball, but more mobile than Xhaka. Think you'd have to spend 40-45m to get him from Sevilla but if it could be done he'd be a class partner for Partey. That'd be a Champions League level midfield imo.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Completely agree regarding Gouiri. Been on my watchlist for a very long time now. As you say, you want the next Benzema/Firmino type of striker you get him.

Another one to watch is Suttgart's Sasa Kalajdzic. 2m tall with great technique - very rare that combination. That boy can go places.

He just scored a lovely goal against Nimes. Guy has big potential.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Only watched the first five minutes of the video, but he was literally never in the striker position so how is he like Benzema/Firmino? I see more dribbles than hold up play and good passes. Not saying he's bad, I've never watched him, but based on the video I don't see the comparison. Also don't see much that is too impressive tbh

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Only watched the first five minutes of the video, but he was literally never in the striker position so how is he like Benzema/Firmino? I see more dribbles than hold up play and good passes. Not saying he's bad, I've never watched him, but based on the video I don't see the comparison. Also don't see much that is too impressive tbh

You probably got to look a little deeper than hold up play. His age neither Benzema nor Firmino had that. Dribbling ability, movement, general physique, dynamics, some good vision in there. Nobody's saying he IS Benzema or Firmino, but with what you can see he very well COULD go into that direction imo if put back from the wing to CF. From general profile he's among the closest to such a profile in young strikers around.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we’re after a right back should look at Connor Roberts from Swansea.

They had a stat yesterday that he’s covered more ground in the Championship or Premier League than any other play.

He’s got the stamina of Kante and is constantly getting up and down the wing. Is able to get on the end of crosses and score a lot of goals as well as create opportunities for others.

Absolute beast in the tackle as well.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If we’re after a right back should look at Connor Roberts from Swansea.

They had a stat yesterday that he’s covered more ground in the Championship or Premier League than any other play.

He’s got the stamina of Kante and is constantly getting up and down the wing. Is able to get on the end of crosses and score a lot of goals as well as create opportunities for others.

Absolute beast in the tackle as well.
The Welsh Cafu they're calling him :lol: his game is pretty much exactly what you would want in a modern full back.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In: Sancho, Ødegaard (Loan with obligation), Ricardo Perriera, Isak, Berge, Bertrand (Free)

Out: Lacazette, Eddie, Pepe, Bellerin, AMN, Nelson, Willock, Mavropanos.

Very wish listy type list, but that would be so good. The idea of having Sancho and Saka on either flank is just so appealing. I don't think long term it's wise to have both Pepe and Saka in the same squad, both are best at RW, so obviously Pepe has to make way. I think given his recent form as well there would be buyers, could imagine him doing really well for Conte at Inter.

--------------------Leno-------------
Ricardo---Saliba--Gabriel--KT
------------Partey--Xhaka--------
Saka-------Ødegaard----Sancho
-------------------Auba------------

Would require CL, getting fee's for the players I mentioned as well as Kroenke investment, so it's a dream scenario.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom