• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I actually think the Partey Xhaka pivot is good. We just need a better back up than Elneny and Ceballos who is just not the same player he was in the latter part of last season. I'd be in favour of a younger option who can take over from Xhaka in time. Thats why i favour Gravenberch, Kudus, Guimarães, Berge.

I think the issue with us will be generating funds, eg, the teams who want Lacazette, AMN, Willock, Pepe, Holding, Chambers etc.... won't have funds due to covid and will probably be looking at loan deals.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
First, Mikel needs to go if we don't win EL and then a real rebuild needs to be put into place as we have no identity.

When you look at our "starting 11" I put quotations because I don't even know what our starting 11 is, however, players who future the most don't really fill me with the most confidence. So, I ask, who do you genuinely keep? For me:

New GK
New RB New CB New CB Tierney
New CM New CM
Saka Ødegaard Martinelli
New ST

Leno is a great shot stopper but he doesn't fill me with the most confidence as he has brain farts and you can't say he's young so he will learn.

Bellerin I used to love but after his injury he just doesn't cut it and he gets exposed way too much.

All our CB's are questionable. Only one I would keep is Gabriel and Saliba, however, neither should start.

CM position needs a MAJOR upgrade. Partey came in and I was super excited but he's either been injured or hasn't been up to par for us - which is very sad.

ST - I have no idea what's happened to Auba but we need someone new. Also, Laca misses too many chances and I want someone clinical.

So, wishlist whoever you want lol

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
First, Mikel needs to go if we don't win EL and then a real rebuild needs to be put into place as we have no identity.

When you look at our "starting 11" I put quotations because I don't even know what our starting 11 is, however, players who future the most don't really fill me with the most confidence. So, I ask, who do you genuinely keep? For me:

New GK
New CM New CM
Saka Ödegaard Martinelli
New ST

Leno is a great shot stopper but he doesn't fill me with the most confidence as he has brain farts and you can't say he's young so he will learn.

Bellerin I used to love but after his injury he just doesn't cut it and he gets exposed way too much.

All our CB's are questionable. Only one I would keep is Gabriel and Saliba, however, neither should start.

CM position needs a MAJOR upgrade. Partey came in and I was super excited but he's either been injured or hasn't been up to par for us - which is very sad.

ST - I have no idea what's happened to Auba but we need someone new. Also, Laca misses too many chances and I want someone clinical.

A new manager will just give some of these players a clean slate. I’d rather get rid of them and give Arteta one more year.

Breezy ®

In
🇮🇹 Donnarumma (free)
🇪🇸 Eric Garcia (free)
🇧🇷 Gabriel Menino (15m)
🇪🇸 Fabian Ruiz (45m)
🇳🇴 Martin Ødegaard (loan+obligation to buy)
🇨🇮 Wilf Zaha (40m)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Josh Doig (2m)
🇫🇷 Edouard (17m)

CE0E746E-36DC-4812-8389-7FFB28C7786B.jpeg

New GK
New CM New CM
Saka Ödegaard Martinelli
New ST

I think this is a bit harsh in regards to partey and Gabriel. Auba is class when he plays through the middle but his form this season is concerning to me as well. With that said, I agree with the starting XI you proposed if you add those 3 who I think will truly show how good they are if they’re surrounded by better players. I don’t think even pep could squeeze much more from the lack of talent in our squad so I’d like to see how arteta does if he can get some of his targets in for next season. The overhaul needs to happen this summer. I think a partey partner and rb upgrade would literally transform this team

Out: laca, guendouzi, bellerin, holding, cedric, torreira, AMN, nketiah, elneny

In: Ødegaard, hakimi, sabitzer, bissoma, boateng

Auba
ESR - Ødegaard - saka
Bissouma/sabitzer - partey
Tierney - Gabriel - boateng - hakimi
Leno​

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm definitely not expecting everything to be done in one window. However, I do expect at least 75% of what needs to be done to get done. If we win the EL then I'm expecting almost everything to get done, sales + CL money should push us hard.

Balogun signing a new deal is huge for us and an excellent start. I think we've established that Arteta is going to go with a 4231, so with that being said...

Leno, Ryan
Hakimi, Cedric
RCB, Saliba, Chambers
Gabriel, Mari
Tierney, young LB
Partey, Wijnaldum, Azeez
Sabitzer, Xhaka
Saka, Willian/Pepe
Ødegaard, ESR
Neto, Martinelli
Auba, Balogun

asukru

Established Member

I think this is a bit harsh in regards to partey and Gabriel. Auba is class when he plays through the middle but his form this season is concerning to me as well. With that said, I agree with the starting XI you proposed if you add those 3 who I think will truly show how good they are if they’re surrounded by better players. I don’t think even pep could squeeze much more from the lack of talent in our squad so I’d like to see how arteta does if he can get some of his targets in for next season. The overhaul needs to happen this summer. I think a partey partner and rb upgrade would literally transform this team

Out: laca, guendouzi, bellerin, holding, cedric, torreira, AMN, nketiah, elneny

In: Ödegaard, hakimi, sabitzer, bissoma, boateng

Auba
ESR - Ödegaard - saka
Bissouma/sabitzer - partey
Tierney - Gabriel - boateng - hakimi
Leno​

Fair points for the most part, however, Mikel has already got "his targets" and they have been underwhelming to say the least. Partey I will give time to as it's his first season and maybe I was a little reactionary with my post as it was right after the game. Gabriel is young and needs time as well so I am willing to sit with that one as well. Aubameyang - he is world class but this season has been very hit or miss and I am afraid this is the start of a decline - hope I am wrong tho.

Fair points for the most part, however, Mikel has already got "his targets" and they have been underwhelming to say the least. Partey I will give time to as it's his first season and maybe I was a little reactionary with my post as it was right after the game. Gabriel is young and needs time as well so I am willing to sit with that one as well. Aubameyang - he is world class but this season has been very hit or miss and I am afraid this is the start of a decline - hope I am wrong tho.
I would agree with this as well. Either way, with the squad as it stands, the likes of slavia Prague should be a beatable team to say the least..the inconsistency is frustrating at best. I just think it’s hard to say whether that is a result of artetas tactics. The starting selection, I have a problem with..but can he really be blamed for boneheaded mistakes that have cost us anywhere between 6-12 points in the league? I don’t think a new manager would do much better with what we have, but I also would be hesitant to say arteta is the one who would take this team to the top. The one thing that is very clear to me is that investments need to be made because the players are not good enough. Partey partner is first priority. Ødegaard next. RB after that..

asukru

Established Member

I would agree with this as well. Either way, with the squad as it stands, the likes of slavia Prague should be a beatable team to say the least..the inconsistency is frustrating at best. I just think it’s hard to say whether that is a result of artetas tactics. The starting selection, I have a problem with..but can he really be blamed for boneheaded mistakes that have cost us anywhere between 6-12 points in the league? I don’t think a new manager would do much better with what we have, but I also would be hesitant to say arteta is the one who would take this team to the top. The one thing that is very clear to me is that investments need to be made because the players are not good enough. Partey partner is first priority. Ödegaard next. RB after that..

According to Fabrizio we are definitely getting a new RB this summer...I want Hakimi the most but why would he leave Inter when they are about to win Serie A

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In
🇮🇹 Donnarumma (free)
🇪🇸 Eric Garcia (free)
🇧🇷 Gabriel Menino (15m)
🇪🇸 Fabian Ruiz (45m)
🇳🇴 Martin Ödegaard (loan+obligation to buy)
🇨🇮 Wilf Zaha (40m)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Josh Doig (2m)
🇫🇷 Edouard (17m)

View attachment 2447
I was looking at Fabian Ruiz as well, in addition to Bentancur and Paredes. My biggest worry is he doesn't really seem to be that fast. Similar to Xhaka/Ceballos and they struggle in large parts because of lack of pace. I just think the intensity and speed of the PL would expose him....

Breezy ®

I was looking at Fabian Ruiz as well, in addition to Bentancur and Paredes. My biggest worry is he doesn't really seem to be that fast. Similar to Xhaka/Ceballos and they struggle in large parts because of lack of pace. I just think the intensity and speed of the PL would expose him....

Is Gundogan fast? Were Xabi Alonso and Petit fast?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
To stop ****ing about and just buy players who will come in and perform straight away. **** resale value as we have young players who are our future.

Out: Runnarson, Bellerin (20m), Chambers (15m), Holding (15m), Mavrapanos (10m), Luiz, Kolasinac (free), AMN (20m), Guendouzi (15m), El Nenny, Torreria (15m), Willock (loan), Nelson (25m), Lacazette (15m), Nketiah (20m). 160m. Xhaka is very luck to keep his squad place as is Willian as we won't be able to shift him.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Taylor (5m), Koulibaly (45m), Saliba, Bogle (20m), Bertrand, Bissouma (40m), Zaha (40m), Ødegaard (50m). 200m

Leno

Bogle
Kouilibaly
Gabriel
Tierney

Bissouma
Partey
Ødegaard

Saka
Auba
Zaha

Top Bottom