• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They leave early for preparation, then play a bunch of games and need a rest after the tournament. Becomes 6 - 8 weeks off.

Guys like Toure were never the same after the tournament.

Auba, Bissouma etc.

Nah again you're off the mark here to tell you the truth. I understand what you mean tho but I wouldn't turn down Bissouma or Hakami based on the fact they African as you're saying.

Auba may not be a starter that time and also Bissouma would be behind Xhaka for a season.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Ødegaard would be my number one signing this summer, but looking at the squad we could also go a different direction.We could make a choice between signing a central playmaker or a marquee left winger.

LW: Grealish has been out of the spotlight for a while due to his injury, but he was the most exciting player in the PL for the first half of the season. If we were to get him instead of Ødegaard I would like to see us line up like this:

Grealish (Pepe) - Auba (Martinelli, Balogun) - Saka (Taylor-Hart)
Smith-Rowe (Olise) - Partey (Willock)
Camavinga (Azeez)
Tierney (prospect) - Gabriel (Marí, Ballard) - Saliba (Holding) - Mukiele (Soares)
Leno (Ryan)​

DM: It would be amazing if Arsenal could finally attract a world class talent again in Camavinga as a DM. Neves would be an incredible PL-proven option. Other options could be Martinez (Ajax), Kamara (Marseille), Mangala (Stuttgart), Luiz (Villa), Bissouma. Not quite sure who to name here, as I want someone who's very good on the ball and other than Martinez I don't know enough about other options.

LB: clearly need a talented back-up for Tierney. I don't know who to suggest. I've seen some stats websites suggest Caci (Strasbourg), people here have been mentioning Buchanan and we've been linked to Doig.

RB: Hakimi would be interesting, but it's hard to judge how well he would do in a 4-3-3. Clearly very talented on the ball, though. Mazraoui would be similar and I know he's good defensively, but I'm worried about his injuries this season. Mukiele is a defensively safer option, but he has license to attack at Leipzig, so he would probably be alright attacking wise (but not as good as the other two options.

(creative) CM: if we can't pick up Ødegaard we'd need to have a back-up to ESR, who I think is good enough as a first choice, but he can't play 38 games yet. This Olise guys looks like a real gem and he could serve as a back-up, while not costing much. If necessary, I think Saka could do a really good job at CM as well, but he seems to have nailed that RW position for now.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We win the Europa League.

We sign Kouilibaly, Hakimi, Bissouma, Odeggard and Zaha.

Arteta steps down life is good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

4-6 weeks is more than 2 league games.

Tourney lasts exactly a month and in that time there’s an FA Cup game and the PL winter break.

Doubt Gabon and Ghana are going all the way anyway so they might only miss a game.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I expect Ghana, Gabon, Ivory Coast, Morocco etc all to go far.

With pre tournament preparations and post tournament break, I expect our guys to miss many league games.

@Rex Banter is painting the very very positive positive picture here in terms of potential scenarios.

Gabon are trash though. Had a look at their squad and it’s just Auba and Lemina who’s barely a PL footballer. Ghana are better but there’s not much else there apart from Partey.

Côte d’Ivoire and Morocco are big hitters tbf along with Nigeria, Senegal and Algeria.

I think we’re in better shape than Chelsea, Pool and City next season. There’s no Confederations Cup but there is the Arabic Cup in December so Ziyech, Mahrez and Salah could be gone for three straight months.

Man, where does all this view of international football come from? Everyone around me hates it. Most on here seem to hate it too.

Why do people think they can create all these national football cups nobody cares about?

It can't be good for the players either.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Gabon are trash though. Had a look at their squad and it’s just Auba and Lemina who’s barely a PL footballer. Ghana are better but there’s not much else there apart from Partey.

Côte d’Ivoire and Morocco are big hitters tbf along with Nigeria, Senegal and Algeria.

I think we’re in better shape than Chelsea, Pool and City next season. There’s no Confederations Cup but there is the Arabic Cup in December so Ziyech, Mahrez and Salah could be gone for three straight months.

Yep Gdeeps just finding a reason to say we'd finish mid-table with those players, in my opinion if that was our window any decent coach gets us top 4, as it should of been this season.

Have to remember we're not playing in Europe and only PL, our players will have enough rest throughout the season.

Top Bottom