• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Never going to happen but Dele Alli?

I think he'd fit in great with the current crop of attackers we have. If Arteta can get him working box to box like Poch did at first, he'd be a dangerous player in our midfield.

Where do you think he'll end up? Or do you think he'll outlast JM at Sp**s.

benjamin86

Established Member

I think he'd fit in great with the current crop of attackers we have. If Arteta can get him working box to box like Poch did at first, he'd be a dangerous player in our midfield.

He'll outlast JM and i wouldnt want him here, his best seasons are 4-5 years ago now and he seems like a dickhead.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In the brief games Cedric and Chambers have had at right back, you can see the difference it makes to our attack. Just having the technical ability to be able to get involved in build up play.

A very good right back should be on the list in the summer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was honestly contemplating this earlier in the season where we were getting no goal threat from our midfield, so it's not an unreasonable shout in my eyes.

Dele Allis problem is that its very hard to fit him into a system, he can only really play 10 and doesn't really do anything outside of the box, you essentially have to build your team around him to a degree. You have to have a 9 that can hold the ball well (we don't really have this) and a team that gets the ball into the box a lot.

But regarding JM, he'll almost certainly outlast him; all my mates that support Sp**s are already sick of him and he's only been there 18 months.

We should aim to tie down Ødegaard and get a midfielder that can play as a number 8 in my opinion. Want a player in the mold of Wijanldum, maybe someone like Renato Sanches.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
When we secure CL football:
4231/235
Isak/Auba
Sancho/Grealish ESR Saka
Xhaka Partey
KT Maga/Mari Saliba RB

KT Sancho/Grealish Isak/Auba ESR Saka
Xhaka Partey RB
Maga/Mari Saliba​

Manager: Arsène Wenger

#DreamBig

TornadoTed

Established Member
GK - Leno, ?, Hein/Okonkwo
DL - Tierney, ?
DC - Gabriel, Mari
DC - Holding, Saliba, Mavro
DR - ?, Cedric/Chambers
MC - ?, Xhaka
MC - Partey, Elneny, Azeez
AM - ?, ESR
FL - Pepe, Martinelli
FR - Saka, Willian
SC - Lacazette, ?, Balogun

Out - Runarsson, Kolasinac, Luiz, Bellerin, AMN, Chambers/Cedric, Ceballos, Willock (loan), Guendouzi, Torreira, Nelson (loan), Auba, Nketiah

In -

Backup goalkeeper, Ryan is as good as any if the price is reasonable

Backup left back, Bertrand would be a reliable cheap option

Starting right back, Mukiele is my first choice but would I be happy with Mazraoui or Emerson Royal. Make a choice on who becomes backup between Cedric and Chambers and sell the other.

Starting central midfielder, this is perhaps the most crucial position but also the one I have the least ideas aboout. There are lots of good players around but none seem a no brainer like Partey did, Ruiz, Sabitzer, de Paul, Jordan, Bissouma, Merino.

AM - Ødegaard back on loan for another season would probably be the most realistic option in our current financial position

SC - I would keep Lacazette, I don't think we will get a decent fee for him and having him around for a year would ease a huge amount of pressure on a new signing. Edouard, Daka, Silva, Isak, Malen, Gouri would all be good options.

We need 3 midfielders at least this area need major overhaul we just have bunch of average footballers can't create or dominate most of league teams.

2 CMs and RB is must this summer

Yeah 2 CMs, RB, and CB. CB maybe least important because we can take a look at Mavropanos and Saliba before making decision.

But this is Arsenal. We know Edu will go out and waist 50 M on attacker nobody heard of and then you will have Arsenal PR guy here on Arsenal-mania tell me how it is the best signing in the history of the club.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah 2 CMs, RB, and CB. CB maybe least important because we can take a look at Mavropanos and Saliba before making decision.

But this is Arsenal. We know Edu will go out and waist 50 M on attacker nobody heard of and then you will have Arsenal PR guy here on Arsenal-mania tell me how it is the best signing in the history of the club.
Yes we likely going to be cheap again but need to something or similar midtable finish next season

Imagine actually having the nerve to tell us that the squad is top4 quality when our attack is being carried by a 19 year old, Elneny and Ceballos starting every other game, Xhaka is playing left-back, no good right back and grandad Luiz is our best defender.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
GK - Leno, Hein/Okonkwo (OK)
DL - Tierney, ? (needs to hire one player to Tierney, doesn't need to be a good player just an natural LB)
DC - Gabriel, Mari (OK)
DC - Luiz, Holding, Mavro (OK, but I do think Luiz is better than all of them, sell one of the others, Saliba perhaps the highest value of them)
DR - Cedric, Chambers (OK, Cedric as starter)
MC - Bruno Guimarães or Locatelli, Xhaka (Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães would be very good here, both creative and still active defensively, they could be good to partner Partey imo)
MC - Partey, Elneny, Azeez (OK, but Elneny is a bit useless)
AM - Ødegaard (on loan) or Claudinho, ESR (try Ødegaard, a second option would be on Claudinho from Bragantino, he is from the Brazilian League, but I think he can do well, good age (24), would be more or less cheap and I still think ESR is already at very good level to start in the position)
FL - Martinelli, Pepe (OK, start Martinelli he is already a better player than Pepe)
FR - Saka, Willian (OK)
SC - Matheus Cunha, "Auba", Balogun (sell Lacazette, Auba, hire Matheus Cunha from Hertha Berlin, would be the same style of false 9, I think he is one of the best prospects out there who can play as nine and half, can dribble, can protect the ball, can create chances and can shot)... and if it isn't possible to sell Auba play him as CF. Simply as that.

In -

Backup left back: Bertrand

Starting central midfielder: Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães

AM - Ödegaard on loan or Claudinho

SC - Matheus Cunha, but I could keep Lacazette for one season too, be he will ask for three seasons... or then just Auba as he already played as CF.

It is not perfect but Edu can do it.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
I need to watch more AC Milan games to judge his attacking/offensive attributes, but defensively, this guy is sooo solid. Would love to have him as a right back and Bellerin’s replacement.

Also, he’s fairly young (turned 24 this past December) and Transfermarkt lists his value as $27.5 million. Would be a great buy.

Unfortunately, Italian players rarely leave Serie A for the Premier League. He also came from A.C. Milan’s academy, so I doubt he’d want to leave.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
With Schalke getting relegated, one player I think we should take a look at is Suat Serder.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom