• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Actually, thinking about Bayern, Tolisso might have been a good candidate for a Partey partner if it wasn't for the injury concerns.

Yeah, but as you say, wouldn't touch him as a starter. All the injuries have basically ended his career trajectory, he's very well off as a backup at Bayern.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Locatelli and Pellegrini would completely reveloutionize our midfield. Both work hard defensively and have excellent passing ranges and shouldn’t cost more than 70m combined. Pellegrini also has a great mentality and could end up as our captain for his 30m release clause.
Di Lorenzo is a great option for right back aswell. He can go forward and is solid in defence. Basically Tierney but on the right. I would say he would be as cheap as 15m.

Only one problem, they're all Italian! Italians stay in Italy.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Grealish or Sancho. We need a superstar maverick to take the team forward.
Our team does lack starpower once Aubameyang leaves and I'm only expecting one more season from him. Either option would be amazing, not sure which would be better.

With Sancho, we'd probably have to go with Saka to LCM, whereas Grealish would probably resign Pepe to the bench which would be a waste of capital. I do really like Grealish, though.

Pepe - Auba - Sancho
Saka - signing
Partey​

or

Grealish - Auba - Saka
signing - ESR
Partey​

Goonger

Our team does lack starpower once Aubameyang leaves and I'm only expecting one more season from him. Either option would be amazing, not sure which would be better.

With Sancho, we'd probably have to go with Saka to LCM, whereas Grealish would probably resign Pepe to the bench which would be a waste of capital. I do really like Grealish, though.

Pepe - Auba - Sancho
Saka - signing
Partey​

or

Grealish - Auba - Saka
signing - ESR
Partey​

I thought Sancho was equally adept coming in from the left hand side? I think I actually prefer that for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pepe - Auba - Sancho
Saka - signing
Partey​

or

Grealish - Auba - Saka
signing - ESR
Partey​

I think if either came they'd both play on the left, cutting onto their stronger right foot. But yeah, how the midfield is set up would be interesting.

I'd look to sign one of those guys for the LW, then guys that can come in a be that number 10/8 hybrid. As this is the wishlist, someone like Maddison would be so good. He's started playing a but deeper as a number 8 this season for Leicester, and would guarantee goals and assists from midfield. We need to find our version of him.

Dutch D

I thought Sancho was equally adept coming in from the left hand side? I think I actually prefer that for him.
He can play on both sides, but I thought he mostly played on the right, at least whenever I've seen him.

I think if either came they'd both play on the left, cutting onto their stronger right foot. But yeah, how the midfield is set up would be interesting.

I'd look to sign one of those guys for the LW, then guys that can come in a be that number 10/8 hybrid. As this is the wishlist, someone like Maddison would be so good. He's started playing a but deeper as a number 8 this season for Leicester, and would guarantee goals and assists from midfield. We need to find our version of him.
I think we could make one marquee signing, either a winger or a creative midfielder. We should use Saka/ESR to fill the other position.

I can understand signing either for LW, I'd just be a little worried what to do with Pepe. Do we move him back to RW and Saka to LCM, or do we resign one of them to the bench?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
A bit of star quality is vital imo, whether it's in the front 3 or the midfield 3. We have this group of Saka, ESR and Martinelli, but I think they're helped by having a star who's already developed and can shoulder some of the burden. I don't think it helps them to place all the pressure on them.

Perfect guy would be Grealish imo. Perfect age, he's done his development, big personality, plus he attracts all the attention of the opposition defenders, leaving space for whoever out of Auba, Martinelli, Pepe, ESR and Saka.

I'd love Ødegaard too fwiw, but I slightly worry with Ødegaard/ESR/Saka/Martinelli and Pepe, we'd be one of those teams that plays good stuff but just doesn't quite have the minerals to beat teams. You need a prime age big-balled star to take a game by the scruff of the neck sometimes, that's Jacky Grealish.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He can play on both sides, but I thought he mostly played on the right, at least whenever I've seen him.

I think we could make one marquee signing, either a winger or a creative midfielder. We should use Saka/ESR to fill the other position.

I can understand signing either for LW, I'd just be a little worried what to do with Pepe. Do we move him back to RW and Saka to LCM, or do we resign one of them to the bench?

Pepe is the elephant in the room. He's shown glimpses but for a 70m player in their mid 20s it's just not enough for me. If it was up to me I'd look to move him on and put the money towards a marquee LW player (Sancho or Grealish), though its unlikely anyone would be in for him.

I don't see Saka as an option in midfield either. His best attributes are his 1v1, crossing and movement in behind, that gets limited a lot in a more central/midfield position. We need a new 10 and a new 8 for me.

We have so much work to do lol.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Any idea what DaSilva would cost? Also @MutableEarth

Depends if they go up or not tbh. I’d be annoyed if we signed DaSilva and sold Willock and AMN though tbh.

Similar prices and our two are way more proven at the top level. DaSilva has been really inconsistent pre-injury when I’ve watched them this year and he never wowed me consistently like Maddison, Eze or Olise have in that league.

Olise for me would be the dream. Similar assist numbers to Buendia in a mediocre team and he’s still a teenager.

Dutch D

Depends if they go up or not tbh. I’d be annoyed if we signed DaSilva and sold Willock and AMN though tbh.

Similar prices and our two are way more proven at the top level. DaSilva has been really inconsistent pre-injury when I’ve watched them this year and he never wowed me consistently like Maddison, Eze or Olise have in that league.

Olise for me would be the dream. Similar assist numbers to Buendia in a mediocre team and he’s still a teenager.
I'd say in the region of £15-25m considering he was one of the best CMs in the Championship last season. I'd only really be worried about injuries as he has had a couple this season, and he's missing the playoffs this year with a hip injury.
Hmm, for that fee I'd rather keep Willock and develop him. Thought if he'd be around 10m he could be a decent Elneny/Ceballos replacement for depth, but at those figures it's probably not worth it also given the injury risk you guys mention.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
People continue to underestimate Martinelli. Just because he doesn't play does that mean he is worse or adds less than Willian, Saka or Pepe? I don't understand.

Pepe for example he brings what? He is not a good goalscorer, not a good ball carrier either, in most of the time can't use his dribbles effectively. Is he a good creator? I don't think so also.

Saka is a good player in terms of ball retention and average (for now) in terms of playmaking and goalscoring. But he is young, can improve. Willian is the same type of player of Saka. Can't see much difference between them.

Then Auba...

Auba is a very good goalscorer in either LW or CF position, but not quite good in terms of ball retention or playmaking and he is 31 can't get better. I mean he is the only good goalscorer in that Arsenal front three (or four with the CAM if you consider).

That's why Martinelli is needed, he is hungry goalscorer with a lots of energy that also can delivers the final ball, can carry the ball, can defend, surely he can improve the Arsenal's goal threat and is just 19, but needs gametime.

Auba and Martinelli as a goal threat palyers, Saka/Willian as a ball retention and playmaker players, with Pepe and Balogun (or another player) as backups. That's also right here imo.

That means that Arsenal needs more a highly impactful CAM with high shot action creation and expected assists to provide service to Martinelli and Auba (and to a lesser extent to Saka too) or if in a 4-3-3 someone creative, advanced who can create and score goals.

The first option in the case of 4-2-3-1 I think it could be Buendia, who can play as CAM (or had more attributes to play as a CAM than Sancho or even Grealish for me) and perhaps a new player to partner Thomas... or if a 4-3-3 someone like Sergei Milinkovic Savic alongside ESR who can provide goals and assists from the midfield.

Arsenal doesn't need another LW, RW and maybe doesn't need another CF (even if Lacazette leaves)
Arsenal needs a number 10, one creative all-round midfielder, LB, RB even and a new GK is Leno is out.

But that is my opinion.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
==> Buendia, Ødegaard;
==> someone in the mold of Locatelli who can play DM and CM too.

etc

------------- Auba -------------
Martinelli ---------------- Saka
------ ESR ----- Buendia or Ødegaard
------------ Partey --------------

------------ Balogun ------------
Pepe --------------------- Willian
----- Locatelli --- Willock -------
-------- Elneny or Xhaka --------

Double pivot with Buendia/Ødegaard/ESR in the 10 position and Locatelli/Partey double pivot.

balthazar

Time to bring Vlasic back to the PL. 11 goals in 26 games from midfied is exactly what this team needs, Ceballos replacement. Attainable as well.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This thread should probably split into two. Champions league next season wish list and no European football wishlist.

Champions league brings with it attraction, a cash injection from participation and money from winning the Europa. It means a shortcut to a rebuild whereas no Europe means scrounging around for loans, keeping hold of players we would want to upgrade on and trusting in youth.

With Champions league you could probably blow it up and force people out. Without it, you can't really sell someone like Xhaka.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This thread should probably split into two. Champions league next season wish list and no European football wishlist.

Champions league brings with it attraction, a cash injection from participation and money from winning the Europa. It means a shortcut to a rebuild whereas no Europe means scrounging around for loans, keeping hold of players we would want to upgrade on and trusting in youth.

With Champions league you could probably blow it up and force people out. Without it, you can't really sell someone like Xhaka.

I think the amount spent will be the same. No CL football and the Kroenke's will be forced to fork out a fair bit of cash to keep us afloat.

Obviously the attraction of CL football will be a factor, but I think it'll be the only factor this summer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom