• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think the amount spent will be the same. No CL football and the Kroenke's will be forced to fork out a fair bit of cash to keep us afloat.

Obviously the attraction of CL football will be a factor, but I think it'll be the only factor this summer.

You just say things with 100% confidence and zero grounding in reality.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You just say things with 100% confidence and zero grounding in reality.

I am 100% confident in what I'm saying there, and its fairly logical if you look at the overall picture.

My wish-list would be pretty extensive with sales and purchases.

GK - Leno wants out, I'd sell for £25M. Permanently sign Ryan as backup and go for someone like Maignan as our number 1. He'd probably cost around £20M. Maignan and Ryan for Leno essentially in terms of cost.

RB - Sell Bellerin for £20M, I'd also sell Chambers for £10-15M. Have Cedric as backup and ideally sign Hakimi who would cost around £45M. Emerson is another option who would be a lot cheaper and tbh a lot more likely to join us. Either way sales of Bellerin and Chambers would give us enough for a quality right back.

CB - All depends on Saliba situation. I'd love Saliba to come back and be a starter, but I'm not sure he and Gabriel are the right fit. Luiz will be off so you'd be looking at Holding, Mari, Saliba and Gabriel as the four options. I think we may need one more but it shouldn't be priority.

LB - Tierney isn't a problem, but a backup left back is. There's plenty of options and I wouldn't pay more than £10M for a backup left back.

CM - The real problem area. When the summer comes around we'll have Torreira, Guendouzi, Elneny, Xhaka, Partey, Willock and i'll include AMN in this area as well. Torreira wont be here at all, but I doubt we'll be able to sell him outright. Guendouzi will have a year left and I would give him a chance to prove himself. I think Willock should stay IF he's happy taking a backup role. I like what Xhaka has done since his red card against Burnley, think he's improved massively as a player. Elneny and AMN should go, I think we can get £15M for AMN. We want Bissouma which is who i'd go for at £30M. I'd also try to sign Aouar again, think his stock will be far lower this summer. You'll be looking at £40M. Xhaka, Bissouma, Partey, Aouar, Guendouzi and Willock is a fantastic set of options offering a bit of everything. And for just £70M outlay.

RW - We don't need to sign anyone here. I prefer Saka on the right but then you also have Pepe who can play there. Depends if the club wants to sell Pepe and recoup some cash. And of course a last resort option or an option for dead rubbers is to play Willian. I'd sell Nelson for £10-15M.

LW - We have Martinelli but that's it. Auba won't work there for the remainder of his contract. I'd of course go with signing Grealish as he can also play AM and he'd add that elite touch we need. However he would be at least £80M. Unless KSE are feeling nice it ain't happening. More realistic options are Solomon and MAYBE Neto from Wolves. Probably £40M for the latter and £20M for the former.

STR - Not even sure if Lacazette will go but Eddie should be sold. Personally think we're fine with Auba and Balogun up front and if Laca stays for the remainder of his deal then fair play. I'd probably try to use Laca in a deal to get Aouar. We can recoup at least £15M from Eddie.

I've left out the AM area as I think signing Aouar and Grealish would make up for the lack of creativity. I'm not sure I'd sign Ødegaard permanently, he's silky but even with him you still need an Alexis type when we had him from wide areas.

So all in all I think we need 7 signings (8 if we also go for a CB). GK, Ryan, RB, LB backup, two CM's, and a left winger. Spend for the players I would want would be £230Mish, which isn't happening unless we also make the required sales which will be tough.

benjamin86

Established Member
Time machine- don't sack Sven, hire Rangnick instead of Raul Sanllehi. You can hire Arteta instead of Emery and at least he's got senior figures with a bunch of experience and maybe it works?

benjamin86

Established Member
Also if i had a Time machine we could have had Moshiri, Usmanov and David Dien leading the club instead of the Kroenkes, and Wenger best years came when working with Dien....

Tom349

Outs:

- Lacazette (15-20m).
- Nketiah (10m).
- Guendouzi (10m).
- Holding (10m).
- Bellerin (15-20m, personally think he is worth 5m).
- Leno (20m).
- Maitland Niles (15-20m).
- Nelson (10m).
- El Neny (5m).
- Torreira (10m).
- Kolosanic (2m).
- Mavropanos (10m).
- Would also consider any bids for above 30m for Pepe and 20m for Aubamayeng.

110-130m in sales.

Loans Out:

- Willock, needs a full season on loan. Needs to learn to stay in games, not going to get that opportunity if he stays with us.
- TJJ, Smith, Azeez and the rest of the more senior academy players.

Ins:

- Onana (7m).
- Ryan (2-5m).
- Emerson (20-25m). Right back.
- Bertrand (free, 1 year contract).
- Berge (20-25m).
- Buendia (25-35m).

GK, right back and left back issues resolved. I really like Berge profile as someone who can work box to box and also give us an aerial threat. Buendia I really liked in the championship this season. Has excellent control and makes instinctive decisions.

Also, room to sign players like Bissouma or Soumare in midfield. Or go big for a LW or striker depending on any movement of Aubamayeng and what position we settle Martinelli in.

Loan Ins:

- Odegarrd. Still thinks this is a chance.
- Coutinho, if the above isn't possible. Wages far less of an issue with our outgoings and we desperately need someone capable of shooting from outside the box.
- Ramsey. Think he would be perfect in a role coming off the bench. Juventus can subsides some of his wage.

Released:

- Luiz.
- Ceballos.

Squad:

GK:
- Onana, Ryan.

Right back:
- Emerson, Cedric.

Right Centre Back:
- Saliba, Chambers.

Left Centre Back:
- Gabriel, Mari.

Left Back:
- Tierney, Bertrand.

Midfield
- Xhaka, Partey, Berge, Ramsey.

Attack:
- Buendia, Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Pepe, Willian, Odegarrd.

Striker:
- Aubamayeng, Balogun.

Short at Centre back and lack quality in the final third.

benjamin86

Established Member
Outs:

- Lacazette (15-20m).
- Nketiah (10m).
- Guendouzi (10m).
- Holding (10m).
- Leno (20m).
- Nelson (10m).
- El Neny (5m).
- Torreira (10m).
- Kolosanic (2m).
- Mavropanos (10m).

110-130m in sales.

Loans Out:

- Willock, needs a full season on loan. Needs to learn to stay in games, not going to get that opportunity if he stays with us.

Ins:

- Onana (7m).
- Ryan (2-5m).
- Berge (20-25m).
- Buendia (25-35m).

GK, right back and left back issues resolved. I really like Berge profile as someone who can work box to box and also give us an aerial threat. Buendia I really liked in the championship this season. Has excellent control and makes instinctive decisions.

Also, room to sign players like Bissouma or Soumare in midfield. Or go big for a LW or striker depending on any movement of Aubamayeng and what position we settle Martinelli in.

Loan Ins:

- Coutinho, if the above isn't possible. Wages far less of an issue with our outgoings and we desperately need someone capable of shooting from outside the box.
- Ramsey. Think he would be perfect in a role coming off the bench. Juventus can subsides some of his wage.

Released:

- Luiz.
- Ceballos.

Squad:

GK:
- Onana, Ryan.

Right back:
- Emerson, Cedric.

Right Centre Back:
- Saliba, Chambers.

Left Centre Back:
- Gabriel, Mari.

Left Back:
- Tierney, Bertrand.

Midfield

Attack:

Striker:
- Aubamayeng, Balogun.

This feels very midtable. I don't think Berge or Ramsey really improve upon the midfield.

Hinderz

Firstly - Ralph Rangnick to take the “Raul” role and turn us into a better resourced version of an RB team.

After that -
- A home grown first choice RB
- A late prime aged first choice RCB with Saliba at back up
- A young physically elite first choice DM
- Camavinga (an Arsenal fan who needs a stepping stone) as succession planning for Xhaka

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Firstly - Ralph Rangnick to take the “Raul” role and turn us into a better resourced version of an RB team.

After that -
- A home grown first choice RB
- A late prime aged first choice RCB with Saliba at back up
- A young physically elite first choice DM
- Camavinga (an Arsenal fan who needs a stepping stone) as succession planning for Xhaka

Who's the RCB?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There are a few options really. I’d take anyone from Dunk to Skriniar to de Vrij. Just an upgrade on Holding, someone that will set some standards to be exceeded but won’t block Saliba 3 years from now

Oh I guess De Vrij is a good shout. Skriniar is 26, so it kind of blocks any possible Saliba future, no? I was also thinking about Koulibaly, maybe the attention is away from him and he'd be cheaper now. Ideally we could bring in someone with good technique aged about 32? I just can't think of many names tbh.

Problem with Saliba is we bought him and now seem troubled by the fact he's so young, and it's like well why did we buy him then? You either play him and accept he's young, or you sell him to a club prepared to play a young CB. You don't just loan him out forever until he's ready.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Outs:

- Lacazette (15-20m).
- Nketiah (10m).
- Guendouzi (10m).
- Holding (10m).
- Leno (20m).
- Nelson (10m).
- El Neny (5m).
- Torreira (10m).
- Kolosanic (2m).
- Mavropanos (10m).

110-130m in sales.

Loans Out:

Ins:

- Onana (7m).
- Ryan (2-5m).
- Berge (20-25m).
- Buendia (25-35m).

Loan Ins:

Released:

- Luiz.
- Ceballos.

Squad:

GK:
- Onana, Ryan.

Right back:
- Emerson, Cedric.

Right Centre Back:
- Saliba, Chambers.

Left Centre Back:
- Gabriel, Mari.

Left Back:
- Tierney, Bertrand.

Midfield

Attack:

Striker:
- Aubamayeng, Balogun.

Might be one of the worst wishlists I've ever seen.

Hinderz

Oh I guess De Vrij is a good shout. Skriniar is 26, so it kind of blocks any possible Saliba future, no? I was also thinking about Koulibaly, maybe the attention is away from him and he'd be cheaper now. Ideally we could bring in someone with good technique aged about 32? I just can't think of many names tbh.

Problem with Saliba is we bought him and now seem troubled by the fact he's so young, and it's like well why did we buy him then? You either play him and accept he's young, or you sell him to a club prepared to play a young CB. You don't just loan him out forever until he's ready.
Yeah that’s why I’d be ok with Dunk too (at the right price). He’s been performing at a good level in the PL, he’s 29.5 and unlike De Vrij he wouldn’t be giving up European Football

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't even know what to wish for anymore tbh, because if it's still under the current regime then I've no faith in us progressing in any case. If it's under a new manager/regime then I'd have to see who comes in because signing players will depend on what a specific manager wants.

I mean it's clear to see we need a #6 of some sort, probably a more attack minded midfielder as well be it an 8 who gets into the box or a pure 10 depending on things. Of course I'd like to see Willock more involved in a midfield role. RB seems essential. GK could become essential too. No idea who'd I'd want in those positions tbh as I don't really no much about that Emerson lad but seems highly rated. Backup LB, Bertrand would do you'd imagine.

Newchange

I think the key to bringing us back to an Elite level is bringing in more leaders.

GK - I’d do everything possible to bring back MARTINEZ 30M+. Failing that Szczęsny would be a good fit..

RB - Ricardo Perriera would be my number 1 target. He’s back to full fitness and isn’t far from being a worldclass fullback.

RCB - Johnny Evans! leadership, positional awareness and experienced. Could be a massive signing for the dressing room. 8M

LCB- Gabriel & Mari are good options here.

LB - KT starter. Young lad at Palace Mitchell has a good presence and personality on the pitch. Atheltic, and strong he kept Saka quiet at the Emirates which this season hasn’t been a easy task for many. 10M

CM - Partey needs a partner. I think the best option right now is Rice. Again leadership, PL experience, a good engine. He has room to improve in areas but I think he’s a mainstay in the national team and almost a Hendo 2.0. 60M+

ACM - EMI Buendia. Goals, work ethic and had the final pass in his locker. I think he’s worth a shot. Rotation with ESR.

RW Neto. Will had tenacity and drive we haven’t had since Alexis. Would like up well with fellow countrymen Cedric and Perriera.

LW - Saka/Martinelli

CF - Ivan Toney Is next up! Technically gifted, physically strong and ice cold in front of goal. Gives us a different dimension in the air also. Auba, Ivan and BALOGUN is a serious front line options

———-Martinez———

Ricardo—Evans—Gabriel—Tierney

———Partey—-Rice——-

Neto——-Buendia—-Saka—

—————Auba————

———— —Ryan———-

Cedric——Holding—Mari—-Mitchell

———-Guendouzi—-Xhaka——

Pepe———-ESR————Martinelli

—————-Ivan Toney —-

Goonger

I think the key to bringing us back to an Elite level is bringing in more leaders.

GK - I’d do everything possible to bring back MARTINEZ 30M+. Failing that Szczęsny would be a good fit..

RB - Ricardo Perriera would be my number 1 target. He’s back to full fitness and isn’t far from being a worldclass fullback.

RCB - Johnny Evans! leadership, positional awareness and experienced. Could be a massive signing for the dressing room. 8M

LCB- Gabriel & Mari are good options here.

LB - KT starter. Young lad at Palace Mitchell has a good presence and personality on the pitch. Atheltic, and strong he kept Saka quiet at the Emirates which this season hasn’t been a easy task for many. 10M

CM - Partey needs a partner. I think the best option right now is Rice. Again leadership, PL experience, a good engine. He has room to improve in areas but I think he’s a mainstay in the national team and almost a Hendo 2.0. 60M+

ACM - EMI Buendia. Goals, work ethic and had the final pass in his locker. I think he’s worth a shot. Rotation with ESR.

RW Neto. Will had tenacity and drive we haven’t had since Alexis. Would like up well with fellow countrymen Cedric and Perriera.

LW - Saka/Martinelli

CF - Ivan Toney Is next up! Technically gifted, physically strong and ice cold in front of goal. Gives us a different dimension in the air also. Auba, Ivan and BALOGUN is a serious front line options

———-Martinez———

Ricardo—Evans—Gabriel—Tierney

———Partey—-Rice——-

Neto——-Buendia—-Saka—

—————Auba————

———— —Ryan———-

Cedric——Holding—Mari—-Mitchell

———-Guendouzi—-Xhaka——

Pepe———-ESR————Martinelli

—————-Ivan Toney —-

Neto is out for the rest of year mate.

MiiTek

RB (Aarons, Lamptey, Emerson, Cash, Atai...)
LB (Doig, Mitchell, Buchmann...)
CDM/CM (Soumare, Bissouma, Berge, Caqueret, Zakaria, R. Sanches, Bennacer...)
CAM/CM/Winger (Olise, Buendia, Ødegaard, Stengs...)
ST (David, Isak, Malen, Edouard, Nunez, Depay, Toney...)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom