• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Can do with a smaller squad next season.

GKs: 1st choice Leno or replacement, 2nd Ryan, 3rd academy GK, probably sell Runarsson tbh

RB: Aarons, Cedric (sigh)

LB: Tierney, Buchanan

CBs: Saliba, Gabriel, Holding, Mari, 5th choice maybe Luiz 1 year extension? Idk

CMs: Partey, Xhaka, Bissouma, Willock, Azeez

AMs: ESR, Saka, Pepe, + 1 more Idk someone really good, please sell Willian I beg

FWs: Auba, Martinelli, Balogun

That's 24 players for 3 domestic competitions, should be enough.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Bruno Guimarães would be a almost perfect match for Thomas Partey in the Double Pivot.

Elite passer, very good ball retention, excellent ball carrier, creative, good in defense, still young (23 years old). His xG difference for while playing for Lyon is 1.37xG on average (not counting todays game), that is PSG's peak level in Ligue 1.

Smarterscout

One more defensive, other more offensive. Guimarães would be a mix between B2B and Regista. Partey a complete destroyer.

Guimarães could play as LCM or in the double pivot being a good player in both.

Buendia could be the other player in the midfield; He offers flair and good incisive impact in the offense, being able to play as CAM, RCM and RW. 24 years old with a lot of experience in carry a team, as he is the main star at Norwich in similar way Grealish is to Aston Villa.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can do with a smaller squad next season.

GKs: 1st choice Leno or replacement, 2nd Ryan, 3rd academy GK, probably sell Runarsson tbh

RB: Aarons, Cedric (sigh)

LB: Tierney, Buchanan

CBs: Saliba, Gabriel, Holding, Mari, 5th choice maybe Luiz 1 year extension? Idk

CMs: Partey, Xhaka, Bissouma, Willock, Azeez

AMs: ESR, Saka, Pepe, + 1 more Idk someone really good, please sell Willian I beg

FWs: Auba, Martinelli, Balogun

That's 24 players for 3 domestic competitions, should be enough.

Good point with the squad size. Will pretty much just need a standard 25.

Onana, Ryan
Hakimi, Cedric
Saliba, Holding
Gabriel, Mari
Tierney, Bertrand
Bissouma, Xhaka
Partey, Willock
Aouar, ESR
Saka, Pepe
Grealish, Martinelli
Auba, Balogun

Is my wishlist.

Tom349

This feels very midtable. I don't think Berge or Ramsey really improve upon the midfield.

This comes across as being incredibly ignorant. If i swapped Buendia for James Maddison or Emerson for Hakimi, Berge for Bissouma would you be saying the same thing?

Our deep midfield is the least of our concerns for the time being with Xhaka and Partey having formed a good relationship and being more than capable to play a full season of just PL football with no European football likely. Berge gives us a player to develop into a defensively minded box to box who over time I suspect will develop his scoring instincts and at present is incredibly hard to get around (95th percentile for midfielders dribbled past). He gives the option of playing ahead of Partey or alongside him. Ramsey is more or less the same player although with a greater focus on his attacking output. As an option of the bench he would be perfect against teams who aren't pressing us and can allow him to get into the box and become an additional option. Willock would then assume the role of Ramsey having been allowed to develop on loan for another season.

Might be one of the worst wishlists I've ever seen.
If we spent 100-130m on just replacing out going players with those guys and if J. Kronke then chipped in with an additional 80-100m on a big name player then it would comfortably be the best window we've had.

Fans are right in saying we don't have as a bad of a squad as our league position indicates but we have incredibly unbalanced squad whether that be too many players in it or the wrong profile of player that is a square peg in a round hole. But if we address the issues with the wrong profile of players we have which is what that wishlist I did has done, then we get more out of the rest of the current squad or whats left of it.

ChefMan21

Updating mine a bit. Will cost plenty (although I expect some players to leave) but we need to get us back on the right track, and thinking it's achievable over 18 months (with some sales). Alternatives are not necessarily similar players to my first choice, but just players I like.

1. Milinkovic-Savic - just like the qualities he could bring, like size and power, and is at a good age. Like some of the others below, would be a real statement signing (alternatives: Ruben Neves, Camavinga, Aouar, Bentancur, Pellegrini)
  2. Thiago Almada - If Ødegaard has to return due to Real Madrid deciding he's part of a midfield revamp, then there's at least some competitive tension there for ESR (alternatives: Gio Reyna, Buendia, Szoboszlai, Olmo)
  3. Donnarumma - free, and I'd think he'd be the highest quality keeper we've had since Seaman with probably more upside (alternatives: nil, think he's really the only option to secure a potential world-class keeper at a decent price. We need to make an offer at least)
  4. Aarons - there are plenty of options out there, he seems as good as any. (alternatives: take your pick. Any of the names mentioned really would be okay. Perhaps Lamptey?)
  5. Alaba - wages will be huge, but is available on a free, would show ambition, and he is an Arsenal fan who's said the reason he wants to leave Bayern is to grow, which is a good sign; I think he could be a real leader in the team. Also kills two birds with one stone - left back and centre back, so looking at it through that prism when considering his salary and squad numbers. Like Donnarumma, feel like that's a player you put in an offer for just to see what happens. (alternatives: Difficult as there's not that much versatility about, certainly not on a free. Romagnoli, Demiral, Milenkovic perhaps for varying reasons as they'd be relatively cheap compared to previous years.)
  6. One of Daka, Edouard, Saka, Jovic - Laca and PEA are coming to the end of their careers, and I'd like that depth if one of them leaves in the next 18 months.
After sales and players wanting to leave, squad could be:

GK: Donnarumma, Ryan
RB: Aarons, Cedric
CB: Gabriel, Holding, Mari
CB: Alaba, Gabriel, Saliba
LB: Tierney, Alaba
CM: Partey, Willock
CM: Milinkovic-Savic, Xhaka
LW: Martinelli, Saka, Almada
AM: Almada, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe, Almada
CF: PEA, new striker from list, say Daka for example

ChefMan21

Updating mine a bit. Will cost plenty (although I expect some players to leave) but we need to get us back on the right track, and thinking it's achievable over 18 months (with some sales). Alternatives are not necessarily similar players to my first choice, but just players I like.

1. Milinkovic-Savic - just like the qualities he could bring, like size and power, and is at a good age. Like some of the others below, would be a real statement signing (alternatives: Ruben Neves, Camavinga, Aouar, Bentancur, Pellegrini)
  2. Thiago Almada - If Ødegaard has to return due to Real Madrid deciding he's part of a midfield revamp, then there's at least some competitive tension there for ESR (alternatives: Gio Reyna, Buendia, Szoboszlai, Olmo)
  3. Donnarumma - free, and I'd think he'd be the highest quality keeper we've had since Seaman with probably more upside (alternatives: nil, think he's really the only option to secure a potential world-class keeper at a decent price. We need to make an offer at least)
  4. Aarons - there are plenty of options out there, he seems as good as any. (alternatives: take your pick. Any of the names mentioned really would be okay. Perhaps Lamptey?)
  5. Alaba - wages will be huge, but is available on a free, would show ambition, and he is an Arsenal fan who's said the reason he wants to leave Bayern is to grow, which is a good sign; I think he could be a real leader in the team. Also kills two birds with one stone - left back and centre back, so looking at it through that prism when considering his salary and squad numbers. Like Donnarumma, feel like that's a player you put in an offer for just to see what happens. (alternatives: Difficult as there's not that much versatility about, certainly not on a free. Romagnoli, Demiral, Milenkovic perhaps for varying reasons as they'd be relatively cheap compared to previous years.)
  6. One of Daka, Edouard, Isak, Jovic, Depay - Laca and PEA are coming to the end of their careers, and I'd like that depth if one of them leaves in the next 18 months.
After sales and players wanting to leave, squad could be:

GK: Donnarumma, Ryan
RB: Aarons, Cedric
CB: Gabriel, Holding, Mari
CB: Alaba, Gabriel, Saliba
LB: Tierney, Alaba
CM: Partey, Willock
CM: Milinkovic-Savic, Xhaka
LW: Martinelli, Saka, Almada
AM: Almada, ESR
RW: Saka, Pepe, Almada
CF: PEA, new striker from list, say Daka for example
Edit: fixed a couple of things in the quote above.

Also wouldn't mind a loan, obligation to buy, of Buendia or Pellegrini so we've got options.

Newchange

Jonny Evans! There are a few options really. I’d take anyone from Dunk to Skriniar to de Vrij. Just an upgrade on Holding, someone that will set some standards to be exceeded but won’t block Saliba 3 years from n

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Seems like an old school CF. None of this false 9 Firmino malarkey, he gets in the box, he shoots and he wins headers. My no 1 big man up top target.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I always try to realistic even when wish listing, but no more. Being told to "be excited" and that we're doing sensational things this summer I expect something in the lines of the following. Don't care to list reserves, but will say I expect Saliba, ESR, Martinelli to get a lot of game time.

GK - Maignan
RB - Hakimi
CM - Bissouma
AM - Buendia
LW - Sancho/Grealish

≈ 220-240m

Maignan
Hakimi
, Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney
Partey, Bissouma
Saka, Buendia, Sancho/Grealish
Auba

Partey and Bissouma wins midfield, allows both Hakimi and Tierney to push forward and facilitates faster turnarounds/progression of the ball. The front 4 I feel can be very creative and have high output if allowed to be more direct. Enough of this slow possession based game.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
In: Ryan, Aarons, SALIBA!!, Buchanan, Bissouma, Grealish, Vlahovic

Out: Runarsson, Bellerin, Chambers, Luiz, Mavropanos, Kolasinac, Elneny, Guendouzi, AMN, Nketiah, Nelson, Willian, Lacazette

Last edited:
Team 1

New GK
New LB Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Partey Bissouma
New AM
Pepe Aubameyang Saka

Team 2

Ryan
Chambers Holding Mari New RB
Guendozi Xhaka
Smith Rowe
New RW New ST Martinelli

sell the rest

Breezy ®

<Out>
🇩🇪 B. Leno (20mil)
🇮🇸 A. Runarsson (2mil)
🇪🇸 H. Bellerin (18mil)
🇧🇷 D. Luiz (Release)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 R. Holding (15mil)
🇧🇦 S. Kolasinac (Release)
🇪🇬 M. Elneny (Loan)
🇪🇸 D. Ceballos (Release)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 R. Nelson (10mil)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 A. Maitland-Niles (15mil)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 J. Willock (25mil)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 E. Nketiah (12mil)
🇫🇷 A. Lacazette (15mil)

<IN>
🇨🇲 A. Onana (10mil)
🇲🇦 N. Mazraoui (20mil)
🇧🇪 J. Denayer (25mil)
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 L. Buchanan (5mil)
🇫🇷 E. Camavinga (30mil)
🇦🇷 E. Buendia (35mil)
🇳🇱 M. Depay (Free)

Net spend: +£7mil

Squad:
(K) Onana, Ryan, Hein
(D) Mazraoui, Denayer, Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Chambers, Tierney, Cedric, Buchanan
(M) Partey, Camavinga, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Azeez
(W) Saka, Pepe, Martinelli,
(AM) Buendia, Smith Rowe
(S) Aubameyang, Depay, Balogun

20C1EAD1-16B3-440B-9297-9ADC1F932283.jpeg

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Bruno Guimarães would be a almost perfect match for Thomas Partey in the Double Pivot.

Elite passer, very good ball retention, excellent ball carrier, creative, good in defense, still young (23 years old). His xG difference for while playing for Lyon is 1.37xG on average (not counting todays game), that is PSG's peak level in Ligue 1.
Really good player, should've gotten him before he moved to Lyon. I wonder if he's available in the summer. His colleague Caqueret would also be a good option.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Coach

Arteta -> Conte / Bosz

Transfers

No Europe, and going by the assumption of no cash injection. Given the big losses I'm going for a net spent of approximately 0.

Trim the squad, get rid of all the deadwood. Only the competition to focus on, so don't need too many players. Get back to top4, expand the squad the year after (ST, CB, CM).

Out: Runarsson (€2m, 40k), Bellerin (€20m, 110k), Luiz (free, 100k), Mavropanos (€5m, 25k), Holding (€10m, 50k), Chambers (€10m, 50k), Kolasinac (free, 100k) Elneny (€5m, 50k), Ceballos (free, 50k), Xhaka (€20m, 100k), Guendouzi (€15m, 40k), Torreira (€15m,70k), Willian (free, 200k), Nelson (loan €1m, 20k), Lacazette (€25m, 180k), Nketiah (€15m, 45k)
Total: €143m*, £1.2m/weekly wages saved
*conservative estimate, took at least €5m off each player's value on Transfermarkt.

In: Ryan (€5m, 70k) Caqueret (€25m, 70k), Grealish (€75m, 200k), Mukiele (€30m,100k), Buchanan (€5m, 30k)
Total: €140m*, £470k/weekly wages
*added €10m to each of the big signings

Line-up

Leno (Ryan)
Mukiele (Soares) - Saliba (Ballard) - Gabriel (Marí) - Tierney (Buchanan)
Caqueret (Maitland-Niles)
Partey (Willock) - Saka (Smith-Rowe)
Pepe (Saka) - Aubameyang (Balogun) - Grealish (Martinelli)​

Out
Leno €20m 100k
Bellerin €20m 110k
Luiz €0m 100k
Mavropanos €10m 25k
Cedric €5m 50k
Maitland Niles €15m 35k
Kolasinac €0m 100k
Elneny €5m 50k
Ceballos €0m 50k
Torreira €10m 75k
Oodegard €0m 35k
Nelson €10m 20k
Lacazette €25m 180k
Nketiah €20m 45k

Salaries Saved €52m per year
Transfer Market €135m

Loan
Willock - Needs another year then comes in for Xhaka

In
Bissouma €30m 75k
Aouor | Buendia €30m 100k | 75k
Hakimi €40m 100k
Edouord €15m 75k
Ryan Bertrand €0m 50k
Szczesny €30m 100k
Ryan €5m 50k

Total Spend €150m
Salaries €28m
Net Spend -€10m

Squad
GK Szczesny, Ryan, Runnarson
RB Hakimi, Chambers
CB Gabriel, Mari, Saliba, Chambers, Holding
LB Tierney, Bertrand
CM Partey, Bissouma, Guendouzi, Xhaka
AM Aouor | Buendia, Smith Rowe
LW Saka, Pepe
RW Martinelli, Willian
S Aubameyang, Edouord, Balogun

out: bellerin, cedric, guendouzi, torreira, elneny, amn, nketiah, lacazette, Leno, holding, runnarson

In: onana, Emerson royal, bissouma, aouar/camavinga, grealish, boateng, woodman, firpo.
Squad sorted

Grealish - PEA - saka
Aouar - partey - bissouma
Tierney - Gabriel - boateng - Emerson
Onana

marti - balogun- pepe
Willock - esr - xhaka
Firpo - mari - saliba - chambers
Woodman

Iceman10

Established Member
@The_Playmaker - I've seen you bring up Camavinga quite a lot previously. Can you elaborate on observations sometime? The concept of an 18 year old from Ligue 1 to be ready to fit in in the PL, especially in CM where positional and tactical discipline is so important, normally gained with experience, is quite something, even by wonderkid standards. Should we really go out and spend big while not bringing in a player around 22-23 years old? If we had lots of money of course I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in along with an experienced top player for the same position, but believing we have that kind of money to spend is still a stretch, and based on club/owners track record. In short, I'm wary of a Saliba-type signing this summer, this time for CM. Man City can do that kind of thing, but I'm sceptical for this club at this juncture.

Top Bottom