• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Fair enough, but Bissouma would essentially be the only one making a step up.

Additionally, we might get a free run at him because, unlike the others (i.e Grealish and Camavinga), we'd be the only ones interested.

You've got to remember most of these players will want all the minute due to the Euros and the world cup coming up straight after.

Grealish for example would probably choose minutes over city, he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot there.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

You've got to remember most of these players will want all the minute due to the Euros and the world cup coming up straight after.

Grealish for example would probably choose minutes over city, he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot there.

True. But what's to say United don't simply outbid us or use their place in the Champions League to make it an easier choice for him?

I'd love Grealish here but the question is, what's here for him that isn't there at Villa?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
True. But what's to say United don't simply outbid us or use their place in the Champions League to make it an easier choice for him?

I'd love Grealish here but the question is, what's here for him that isn't there at Villa?

They could quite easily do that of course. But I believe they're going for Sancho. Doesn't really make sense for them to get Grealish anymore.

In terms of over Villa I think Villa will forever be a midtable/relegation battling side. Arsenal are still a huge club with enormous potential if the funds are spent correctly.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think we are still a decent step up for players like Bissouma, Emerson Royal, Onana etc. but I think the likes of Grealish and Sancho are beyond us after 5 years out of the Champions League.

There is no reason we can't build a good solid side with astute signings that can get back into the top 4 and then hopefully we will be in a position to sign the game changers like Grealish and Sancho to take us up a level. Much like Liverpool did when they built a competitive side first and then added the VVD and Allison cherries on the top.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
a half decent manager 💯

bring back Saliba 🦁 & Douzi 😈

like the redemption story with Onana 🕯️

no idea on RB options 🤷‍♂️

see Roma are linked with Renato Sanches today... wouldn't mind competing with them & adding him to the CM mix 🌪️

Talisca would be a complete wild card in the final third... big contract up soon & needs to play in the PL at some point ⚡

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Onana
AMN Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Willock Partey
Pepe ESR Saka
Auba
Squad: Ryan, Okonkwo, Chambers, Mavro, Holding, Buchanan, Douzi, Xhaka, Azeez, Nelson, Martinelli, Balogun.

In: New keeper (I'll say Onana because we've been linked with him), young backup LB (maybe Buchanan from Derby, who'd get plenty minutes considering Tierney's injury record).

Out: Leno, Runarsson, Cedric, Bellerin, Luiz, Mari, Kola, Elneny, Torreira, Willian, Nketiah, Laca.

That gives us a manageable squad of 23 with no European football with some experience mixed with youth and a decent base for a new coach/DoF to come in at the end of the year once it finally dawns on them that Arteta and Edu isn't working.

I know AMN is a CM but he's still better at RB than most of the types we'd be realistically targetting, especially in that inverted role so that's money saved. There's an opportunity to experiment with 4-3-3 as well with the more mobile options in midfield we would have.

Pure fantasy stuff but hey, that's what this thread is for.

bonzka

Onana
AMN Saliba Gabriel Tierney
Willock Partey
Pepe ESR Saka
Auba
Squad: Ryan, Okonkwo, Chambers, Mavro, Holding, Buchanan, Douzi, Xhaka, Azeez, Nelson, Martinelli, Balogun.

In: New keeper (I'll say Onana because we've been linked with him), young backup LB (maybe Buchanan from Derby, who'd get plenty minutes considering Tierney's injury record).

Out: Leno, Runarsson, Cedric, Bellerin, Luiz, Mari, Kola, Elneny, Torreira, Willian, Nketiah, Laca.

That gives us a manageable squad of 23 with no European football with some experience mixed with youth and a decent base for a new coach/DoF to come in at the end of the year once it finally dawns on them that Arteta and Edu isn't working.

I know AMN is a CM but he's still better at RB than most of the types we'd be realistically targetting, especially in that inverted role so that's money saved. There's an opportunity to experiment with 4-3-3 as well with the more mobile options in midfield we would have.

Pure fantasy stuff but hey, that's what this thread is for.
Dude, that wishlist is definitely pure fantasy. Outrageous to be so ambitious in such a thread!

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He is so you'd like to think with better players/more consistent players he will do better no?
I personally think we've got some talented players both in the squad and out on loan that we haven't given enough opportunities to. I understand that people love new signings and that's fair enough but I'd hate to give away the likes of Willock, AMN, Douzi and Saliba only for them to become £30-40m players in 2-3 years. I also understand though that it doesn't always work out hence why I put this in the wish list thread.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Buendia + Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães + RB + cheap and decent LB + Edouard or someone who can play as a false 9.

Continue with Luiz (for more one season) and Leno.

--------------- Auba -------------
Martinelli ---- ESR ------- Buendia
-------- Locatelli - Partey --------
Tierney - Gabriel-Luiz --- Right Back (no problem with Cedric here)
--------------- Leno --------------

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because we don't actually know who's leaving yet and basing things off the current squad (including after loans are gone) -

Ryan permanently
Right back
Backup left back
Central midfielder
Attacker

Is what we need straight off the bat. I think you can safely assume Bertrand will probably be seen as the cheap backup left back which I'm cool with for a year or so.

After that I think its down to sales for squad places. For example if Xhaka goes he will be replaced. If Laca goes he will be replaced. If Leno goes he will be replaced. I think those are actually the only three that will have to be replaced if sold. But I also don't think we would go far and beyond what they sell for to get replacements.

So including Ryan i think we absolutely make 5 signings fairly early on. Depending on sales we could have 8 new players by the end of the window.

Ryan
Bertrand
Aarons/Emerson
Bissouma
Grealish

Astute signings in my opinion.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Auba
Sancho-Grealish-Saka
Camivinga-Partey
Tierney-Gabriel-Saliba-Aarons
Onana.

Balogun
Martinelli-ESR-Pepe
Elneny-Azeez
Bertrand-Mari-Holding-Chambers
Ryan

Make it happen Kroenke and I might for you for some your bullsh1t in the past.

Last edited:

ChefMan21

Posted my wishlist earlier, but I really want us to sign Alaba, Donnarumma, and Depay as an absolute minimum as part of that big summer we're supposedly having. They're all out of contract, they're all the right profile, and really there should be no excuses in not going after them imo if there's no transfer fee involved. They don't fill all our gaps but they'll certainly help.

ScotsGooner89

Buendia + Locatelli or Bruno Guimarães + RB + cheap and decent LB + Edouard or someone who can play as a false 9.

Continue with Luiz (for more one season) and Leno.

--------------- Auba -------------
Martinelli ---- ESR ------- Buendia
-------- Locatelli - Partey --------
Tierney - Gabriel-Luiz --- Right Back (no problem with Cedric here)
--------------- Leno --------------
No Saka in your first 11? Is this a joke?

MiiTek

SELL:
Leno (20M)
Bellerin (20M)
Chambers/Holding (15M)
Luiz (Free)
Kolasinac (Free)
AMN (20M)
Elneny (10M)
Torreira (20M)
Xhaka (20M)
Willian (10M)
Laca (20M)
Nketiah (15M)
Runnarsson (2M)

TOTAL: 172M

BUY:

Onana (25M)
Aarons (25M)
Doig (10M)
Soumare (25M)
Berge (15M)
Aouar (30M)
Olise (15M)
Edouard (20M)
Ryan (Free)
Douzy (Bring back)
Willock (Bring back)

TOTAL: 165M

Nelson (Loan or 1 Team), Ballard (Loan or promote 1 team), Azeez (Promote 1 team)

TEAM:
GK: Onana, Ryan, Okonkwo
RB: Aarons, Cedric
LB: Tierney, Doig
CB: Saliba, Mavro, Gabriel, Mari, Holding/Chambers
CDM/CM/CAM: Partey, Douzy, Willock, Soumare, Berge, Aouar, ESR, Olise
RW: Saka, Martinelli
LW: Pepe, Nelson
ST: Auba, Edouard, Balogun

dkap

In:
CM/CDM - Gravenberch / Caqueret (Alt)