• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
GIve me Ten Haag and Frenkie. If Partey can't perform with Frenkie as his partner and a proper manager then bin him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If there was even a slim chance of us signing Frenkie I would be ecstatic. Doubt it will happen, though. He's amazing at progressing the ball from deep. Won't help us much with adding goals from midfield himself, but he'll increase our chance generation by finding players in (half)space(s).
Pedro Goncalves
Didn't do much of note in the two games against Ajax, but he looks quite good in compilations. I'd rather go for Antony from Ajax, though.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hope we sell Chambers, Marí, Elneny and Nketiah for a nominal fee in January. All their contracts are up in summer.

I can accept selling Aubameyang and getting his 300k wages off the books if we can get a promising striker (age 23-26 or so) in to integrate him behind Lacazette.

Vibra

Established Member
There's huge room to improve in the spot next to Partey. Frenkie would be the dream with Lokonga as the understudy

Hinderz

I’ve seen reports that Frenkie is on £385k/w. Does anyone know if that’s right. It would explain why Barca want to shift him.

I like the look of Osimhen and Ruiz at Napoli. Both are on pretty low wages compared to the PL (£110k/w and £50k/w) so we could probably turn their heads.

Impact

Established Member
Over the next two transfer windows, I would love to see us revamp our attack by signing a new centre-forward and a forward that can play across different positions. Arthur Cabral for the former and Joao Felix for the latter. With that in mind, we would have a lot of possibilities in the attack.

Martinelli - Felix - Saka

Felix - Cabral - Saka

Felix - Cabral - Martinelli

Saka - Felix - Martinelli

That's without even contemplating Smith-Rowe in the front three or Felix at no. 10. We could also have Balogun and one of Pépé/Nelson in reserve too for the lesser fixtures.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
There was a lot of talk about Ivan Toney as an option after the Brentford match where they dominated us. I know that @Rex Banter has been a huge fan from the start as well. He's dropped down the wish list a bit because he hasn't really hit the numbers this season, but was reading a F365 article on "The best PL 11 outside the Top 3" and they have Toney ranked as number one based on his WhoScored ranking (he's currently on a massive 7.45).

Just wondering whether his underlying stats are actually far better than his goal and assist numbers are showing? They've got his finishing, hold up play, through balls, key passes and aerials all listed as strengths. Sounds ideal if he could thrive in a team with more service.

Anyone seen much of Brentford this year who can say how he's been doing?

Tom349

There was a lot of talk about Ivan Toney as an option after the Brentford match where they dominated us. I know that @Rex Banter has been a huge fan from the start as well. He's dropped down the wish list a bit because he hasn't really hit the numbers this season, but was reading a F365 article on "The best PL 11 outside the Top 3" and they have Toney ranked as number one based on his WhoScored ranking (he's currently on a massive 7.45).

Just wondering whether his underlying stats are actually far better than his goal and assist numbers are showing? They've got his finishing, hold up play, through balls, key passes and aerials all listed as strengths. Sounds ideal if he could thrive in a team with more service.

Anyone seen much of Brentford this year who can say how he's been doing?

I haven't watched much recently but did see bits and pieces earlier in the season and liked what I saw for the most part. Only real concern is his pace especially when it comes from starting an attack at lets say the half way line and proceeding to get into the box, bit like Lacazette in this regard. Which this concern is rather big concern especially compared to someone like Vlahovic who lacks the overall hold up play compared to Toney but attacks the box like his life depends on it.

I think he would make the likes of ESR, Martinelli and Saka thrive playing off him. He would rival Gabriel as being a threat on set pieces while also helping to defend them. He would give a great outlet out of defence with his hold up play and he is excellent at getting on the end of crosses when in the box.

But what I do find especially appealing from Toney is he offers something different to our current options and most of the guys we are linked with and that is his aerial ability. So in the event that Balogun or Martinelli eventually become our starting 9 at least as an option off the bench Toney could offer something different.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I haven't watched much recently but did see bits and pieces earlier in the season and liked what I saw for the most part. Only real concern is his pace especially when it comes from starting an attack at lets say the half way line and proceeding to get into the box, bit like Lacazette in this regard. Which this concern is rather big concern especially compared to someone like Vlahovic who lacks the overall hold up play compared to Toney but attacks the box like his life depends on it.

I think he would make the likes of ESR, Martinelli and Saka thrive playing off him. He would rival Gabriel as being a threat on set pieces while also helping to defend them. He would give a great outlet out of defence with his hold up play and he is excellent at getting on the end of crosses when in the box.

But what I do find especially appealing from Toney is he offers something different to our current options and most of the guys we are linked with and that is his aerial ability. So in the event that Balogun or Martinelli eventually become our starting 9 at least as an option off the bench Toney could offer something different.
Yeah that's my thinking as well really. He's quite a similar profile to Laca but he's also an aerial threat which could be really useful in certain situations. I know WhoScored isn't the best stats site, but I'm assuming that his general attacking numbers must be excellent to score so highly - his conversion rate, key passes, chances created etc. He was prolific for Brentford last year, just wondering if he could do really well in our system.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
Yeah that's my thinking as well really. He's quite a similar profile to Laca but he's also an aerial threat which could be really useful in certain situations. I know WhoScored isn't the best stats site, but I'm assuming that his general attacking numbers must be excellent to score so highly - his conversion rate, key passes, chances created etc. He was prolific for Brentford last year, just wondering if he could do really well in our system.
I agree, he's a similar profile to Laca but he is stronger than Laca

Top Bottom