• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm new to this forum but I've been reading for quite some time. I thought maybe it's time to create an account. And I immediately thought let me introduce a player who is probably not on the radar of most people here, maybe just the Eredivisie followers.

His name is Cody Mathès Gakpo and I think he has a great future ahead of him. Currently playing for PSV (my other love besides Arsenal).

Cody is 22 and a flashy winger who plays with a lot of speed and dribbling he is not afraid to put in a lot of work ethic. His strengths are his shot and his dribble. He likes to play in the combination and has a good overview and vision. He already went to the Euro's 2020 last summer and has been a starter lately (before he got injured, already back now) at the Netherlands squad and he is going to get a big role under Louis van Gaal.

His market value is estimated at 22 million euros according to the transfer market. I think PSV will agree for 35 euros million.

Has played 25 games in all competitions (QCL, EL, Eredivisie & Dutch Cup) and gave 10 goals and 10 assists. He has also been injured otherwise these statistics would have increased even further.

I would say watch the video below and then you will understand why I recommend this player.
Can he be developed into a CF?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Thanks for the intelligent reply. Obviously Arsenal are looking for a striker but we can’t find one so we have to be creative.
But surely there are enough strikers? It's just that our leadership is incompetent.

I like Isak, Cabral seemed worth a punt (just moved), Gouiri, David, Osimhen, Schick (my preferred option).

Didn't want to be facetious, but we shouldn't have to be creative with these solutions, our leadership just needs resolve and pull the trigger on one of those options.

Dutch D

@Sebastes curious to know if you have a short-list of players you have an eye on for the summer?

My own:

RB: Mazraoui
DM: Caqueret, Laimer, Neves, Kamara (free in the summer)
CM: Svanberg, Nkunku, Gallagher
Winger: Anthony, Raphinha
ST: Schick, Gouiri, David, Isak

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

@Sebastes curious to know if you have a short-list of players you have an eye on for the summer?

My own:

RB: Mazraoui
DM: Caqueret, Laimer, Neves, Kamara (free in the summer)
CM: Svanberg, Nkunku, Gallagher
Winger: Anthony, Raphinha
ST: Schick, Gouiri, David, Isak
Been on the verge of posting here several times the last week. Now you pushed me over the edge.

Goncalves, Nkunku and ESR can all play AM and Martinelli LW so think we have enough there. Also think this squad lets us move to a 433/4141 which i still can't see past :lol:

CB: Integrate Saliba 🙏
RB: Don't have a very strong opinion but saw the other week that Mazraoui is free in summer(?)
DM: Paredes, Guimaraes, Caqueret
CM: Tielemans, Gravenberch (Rice, Bellingham must be out of our reach)
LW/LF: Nkunku, Diaz
RW: Pedro Goncalves (I think Raphinha might be out of reach and otherwise too big of an outlay)
ST: no clue right now tbh

If we get CL I'd like to try for Rice/Bellingham and Raphinha over the listed alternatives.

Ramsdale/Leno
Tomi/Mazraoui - Saliba/White - Gabriel/Holding - Tierney/Tavares
Partey/Lokonga - Paredes/Xhaka
Saka/Goncalves - Ödegaard/ - Nkunku/ESR
ST/Martinelli​

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Been on the verge of posting here several times the last week. Now you pushed me over the edge.

Goncalves, Nkunku and ESR can all play AM and Martinelli LW so think we have enough there. Also think this squad lets us move to a 433/4141 which i still can't see past :lol:

RB: Don't have a very strong opinion but saw the other week that Mazraoui is free in summer(?)
RW: Pedro Goncalves (I think Raphinha might be out of reach and otherwise too big of an outlay)

If we get CL I'd like to try for Rice/Bellingham and Raphinha over the listed alternatives.

Ramsdale/Leno
ST/Martinelli​
Good list, like most of those picks

Dutch D

Ramsdale/Leno
ST/Martinelli​
Good names. I like Paredes. Goncalves seems like a good shout, but I wasn't that impressed against Ajax. To be fair, Ajax was much better than Sporting so perhaps a bit unfair.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Bentancur + Bruno Guimarães + Sávio (LW/RW) + Jonathan David + sub RB (Matheuzinho from Flamengo) + sub GK + sub LB

-------------------- David / ST ------------------
Martinelli/ESR - Ødegaard/ESR --- Saka/Savio
--- Guimaraes/Xhaka - Bentancur/Partey ------
Tierney/LB - Gabriel/CB - White/Saliba - Tomiyasu/Matheuzinho
---------------- Ramsdale / GK ----------------

Jakarta

1)Any decent striker on loan(wait to sign a proper CF in the summer)
2)Douglas Luiz
3)Paredes we need this kind of passing influence in CM...should be all over him if Ndombele goes to PSG...would be cheap as well+only 27 years old

Tell Xhaka to pack his bags!

OSBK

Established Member
1)Any decent striker on loan(wait to sign a proper CF in the summer)
2)Douglas Luiz
3)Paredes we need this kind of passing influence in CM...should be all over him if Ndombele goes to PSG...would be cheap as well+only 27 years old

Tell Xhaka to pack his bags!
That curled pass over the top is beautiful. Reminds me of alexis and how he would stop and just curl the perfect ball.

But that video reminds me alot of jorginho at napoli. In the EPL he will have rodri, fabinho trying to break his legs.

Hinderz

We’ll need two strikers in the next 6months. I wouldn’t mind us moving for Cabral now. Let him bed in with Laca and then go for another in the summer.

I think there will be a lot of good options at CM in the summer, we could even be working on a free transfer (Zakaria, Kessie, Kamara) now.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We’ll need two strikers in the next 6months. I wouldn’t mind us moving for Cabral now. Let him bed in with Laca and then go for another in the summer.

I think there will be a lot of good options at CM in the summer, we could even be working on a free transfer (Zakaria, Kessie, Kamara) now.
We are not getting anyone... Just accept the reality.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom