• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Only 1 year left on his deal...
Dortmund-bound from what I'm reading - unless Villa can convince him he'll start games. I think if Arteta can do his great bullshit that he gives players and get him to sign with perhaps a loan to Germany then we can get him. I'd love to see him at Arsenal. He's a can't miss for me.

A mobile box to box player who is an all rounder. Someone comfortable on the ball, moves the ball quickly, wins duels etc.

Kind of like Renato Sanches but a more consistent and less injury prone version.

Gerson? Is he like that? Looks like he may be based off some clips.
Basically Chukwuemeka! :lol:

EDIT:

benjamin86

Established Member
Dortmund-bound from what I'm reading - unless Villa can convince him he'll start games. I think if Arteta can do his great bullshit that he gives players and get him to sign with perhaps a loan to Germany then we can get him. I'd love to see him at Arsenal. He's a can't miss for me.

EDIT:
Germany and Dortmund would probably be the best move for his career.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Germany and Dortmund would probably be the best move for his career.
Oh, 100%. It's a great move for him, especially if Dortmund have to volley Bellingham back to England which is an inevitability at this point. He[Chukwuemeka] pretty much slots seamlessly into that role. I think that's the likeliest destination. He gets tons of top flight football and development under his belt and a big money move 2-3 years later to a big team. I could see Chelsea snapping him up, he seems like he would fit there stylistically. Maybe even United, they need players with his kind of guile.

That said, I think if there's a chance we can convince him to join Arsenal, we'd be stupid not to do it. He's the perfect balance our midfield needs IMO. I like the technical direction we're going and Chukwuemeka would complement that too with his dribbling and through passes but I still feel we're gonna be too lightweight and potentially 1-dimensional at times when we could do with someone who can bludgeon their way through the middle 3rd with the ball where necessary and give an extra option to our attack as well as some physical presence. Even in the U23s/U18s, we don't really have anybody like him who is even close to being an U18 regular. At a push Azeez but he needs to turn it on more than he does. Chukwuemeka is a star and if there's a chance to get him, you don't miss.

TheDrunkenMaster

A mobile box to box player who is an all rounder. Someone comfortable on the ball, moves the ball quickly, wins duels etc.

Kind of like Renato Sanches but a more consistent and less injury prone version.

Gerson? Is he like that? Looks like he may be based off some clips.
Im not going to pretend i know the player but Tim Vickery was speaking very highly about the danilo guy we were strongly linked to. He‘s also a brazilian national player and left footed and arteta seems to have a kind of strange obsession with left footed players

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Oh, 100%. It's a great move for him, especially if Dortmund have to volley Bellingham back to England which is an inevitability at this point. He[Chukwuemeka] pretty much slots seamlessly into that role. I think that's the likeliest destination. He gets tons of top flight football and development under his belt and a big money move 2-3 years later to a big team. I could see Chelsea snapping him up, he seems like he would fit there stylistically. Maybe even United, they need players with his kind of guile.

That said, I think if there's a chance we can convince him to join Arsenal, we'd be stupid not to do it. He's the perfect balance our midfield needs IMO. I like the technical direction we're going and Chukwuemeka would complement that too with his dribbling and through passes but I still feel we're gonna be too lightweight and potentially 1-dimensional at times when we could do with someone who can bludgeon their way through the middle 3rd with the ball where necessary and give an extra option to our attack as well as some physical presence. Even in the U23s/U18s, we don't really have anybody like him who is even close to being an U18 regular. At a push Azeez but he needs to turn it on more than he does. Chukwuemeka is a star and if there's a chance to get him, you don't miss.

Don't see why the club couldn't buy him and loan him out this season either. Elneny only signed a one-year deal and I believe Xhaka is coming to an end as well next year?

You'd have Tielemans, Partey, Sambi and Chukuemeka as options next year, probably room for one more as well if we wanted.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Im not going to pretend i know the player but Tim Vickery was speaking very highly about the danilo guy we were strongly linked to. He‘s also a brazilian national player and left footed and arteta seems to have a kind of strange obsession with left footed players
Wouldn't be surprised if we go for him next year

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

EDIT:
I see you and raise you a WF/10/8.

He is being used as a winger but he isn't one.

If he genuinely has a 35 million release clause, why not go for him over Tielemans as the 'lcm' signing.

ChefMan21

If we can only get three more permanent players over the line:

1. One of Tielemans, Ruiz, Merino, Barella, SMS, Moriba, or Neves
2. Martinez
3. Scamacca, Felix, or Osimhen

And on loan, option to buy:
Lemar (for his versatility coming into Europe etc)

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we have 90m to bid on the likes on Raphina and Martinez - spend it two cms.

Bellingham, Neves or Tielemens.

We have already missed out Phiilips who would be a massive improve over the like Partey, Chaka, Lokonga and Elneny.

Emibury

Is there a reason we aren't linked with Sterling? He is available, one of the best forwards in the league, left sided, still only 27 and in our price range. Cheaper than Raphinha and in a position we are less strong in. Sterling/Jesus/Saka is a really nice front line.

TinFish

Is there a reason we aren't linked with Sterling? He is available, one of the best forwards in the league, left sided, still only 27 and in our price range. Cheaper than Raphinha and in a position we are less strong in. Sterling/Jesus/Saka is a really nice front line.
Black and English. Edu only feels comfortable with those who speak Portuguese.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sterling will be very costly in terms of wages. He and his advisors will be looking for a big, fat contract before his 30s.

TinFish

someone who isn’t average to crap would be nice
gnabry_motmd_1920.jpg

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I see you and raise you a WF/10/8.

He is being used as a winger but he isn't one.

If he genuinely has a 35 million release clause, why not go for him over Tielemans as the 'lcm' signing.

I think i read somewhere that the release clause doesn't exist. But man, i really want him at this club.

Top Bottom