• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ChefMan21

Remainder of the window:

Belotti (striker depth/options)
Tielemans or SMS (if we have the budget for the latter)

Then the obvious outgoings to help fund that.

butcher22

Hey Guys,

Has someone got a right wing shortlist with a break down of characteristics

I’m assuming, from past targets I.e Raphina, they are looking for more of a passer rather than a ball carrier hence I don’t think it will be Bowen

Any thoughts

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Hey Guys,

I’m assuming, from past targets I.e Raphina, they are looking for more of a passer rather than a ball carrier hence I don’t think it will be Bowen

Any thoughts

Yes I'd say this gives as an alternative to Saka on the right hand side, an alternative to Pepe as well. Both Saka and Pepe are ball carriers into the box, whereas Raphinha was definitely someone who made more passes from deeper.

I do think we are looking at a passer first, to help us more in transition and/or finding players either between the lines or isolated. Ideally we should be looking at a profile that could offer both.

Luckily Edteta have done their homework, because I dont have a clue who fits that type of profile.

ragnarock

Hey Guys,

Any thoughts

I think a more ‘direct’ player would complement the forward line better than a wide playmaker. Someone who can make runs in behind or beat his guy in a 1v1

ragnarock

Yes I'd say this gives as an alternative to Saka on the right hand side, an alternative to Pepe as well. Both Saka and Pepe are ball carriers into the box, whereas Raphinha was definitely someone who made more passes from deeper.

I do think we are looking at a passer first, to help us more in transition and/or finding players either between the lines or isolated. Ideally we should be looking at a profile that could offer both.

Luckily Edteta have done their homework, because I dont have a clue who fits that type of profile.

I’d say we have that already in Vieira if Arteta wants a different profile to switch things up. If Saka gets injured we don’t have anyone like that and Pepe is Pepe

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Hey Guys,

Any thoughts

Bowen - decent but overpriced
Asensio - damaged goods
Antony - Silky but Man Utd bound.
Berardi - Homesickness merchants
Tsygankov - hidden gem
Mbeumo - not good enough
Chukwueze - Little end product.
Madueke - very good potential but raw

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If we're not going to sign someone like Milinkovic-Savic I'd fully go for youth and try get Musah back. He's a CM these days and looked really impressive the couple times I've seen him centrally. Very reminiscent of Saka and how he's looked capable in every position he's thrown in and he's played pretty much every position bar GK.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I hate PSV but Gakpo is really, really good. Of course you don't have to believe me.
I believe you. I’m just always wary of players who don’t perform on the International stage or in club European competitions. Same reason I never wanted Lacazette.

Would love another Dutch talent at the club though. RVP was a joy to watch.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
An arm, leg and rejection.
Probably around £100 million.
Season 3 Nevermind GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Makavelii

Milinkovic-Savic is definitely top of the wish list for me but probably not realistic.

And I think some people need to temper their expectations a bit.
We're already the top spending club this window. We're not getting another striker.
It'll just be one more midfielder IMO. Most likely Tielemans.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
We really REALLY need a fricking DM. All the left 8 and winger links are lovely and that, but we are doing nothing next season with Elneny, Lokonga or Maitland-Niles as our deepest player.

I don't know who that player is, but we need them. Matheus Nunes gets mentioned a lot, but can he tackle and win the ball or is he just a slick dribbler?

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't know who that player is, but we need them. Matheus Nunes gets mentioned a lot, but can he tackle and win the ball or is he just a slick dribbler?
From what I've seen, he's a press resistant, ball progressing CM. Plays mainly as an 8. But he's a good athlete and has high work rate, which makes him viable to play as a DM in our 2-3-5 setup. Not really a tackler, but he doesn't need to be a tackler as long as his positioning and work rate are good.

Top Bottom