• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ChefMan21

I've got a feeling that there's one more big leftfield signing still to come... Arteta is still making the noises and I feel like Josh wants to make **** happen now as well.

So who...? Well Yeremy or Tielemans seem like the most likely and either or both would be good business for depth. But I also wonder whether it might be one of the crazy big links from earlier in the window? Give me a Paqueta, SMS or Tonali and it would be Dreamland 😍
SMS or Tonali would certainly be a dream for me. SMS for his passion, size, and skills, Tonali with his big ceiling bu mainly because he reminds me a bit of Pirlo, and Pirlo is well in the mix for my favourite player of all time. I got a bit teary when he retired.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
SMS or Tonali would certainly be a dream for me. SMS for his passion, size, and skills, Tonali with his big ceiling bu mainly because he reminds me a bit of Pirlo, and Pirlo is well in the mix for my favourite player of all time. I got a bit teary when he retired.
I'm there with you on Pirlo. Him a Gattuso was one of the most perfect midfield combos. Absolutely sensational. Whenever I saw Pirlo play he was effortlessly destroying the other team. Unbelievable player.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Tonali doesn't really play like Pirlo, though. I get why he gets compared to him often, long hair, set piece taker, can spray a ball, from Brescia as well. But he's much more of a defensive midfielder than Pirlo was, combative and a ball winner. Pirlo was at a different level technically, especially during his Milan days. People remember his Juve years now but Pirlo could dribble like a mofo at Milan.

ChefMan21

Tonali doesn't really play like Pirlo, though. I get why he gets compared to him often, long hair, set piece taker, can spray a ball, from Brescia as well. But he's much more of a defensive midfielder than Pirlo was, combative and a ball winner. Pirlo was at a different level technically, especially during his Milan days. People remember his Juve years now but Pirlo could dribble like a mofo at Milan.
Yeah, 100 per cent, he's quite different to him but has some similarities. He's probably a combination of Pirlo and Gattuso in some ways, but on the Gattuso side more. That's not a bad thing...

Malky

Established Member
Agree with the above. A quality CM signing and it's improssible to fault the work the club has done this summer.
Hopefully if there's truth to the Lokonga loan rumours there must be a CM coming in.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Agree with the above. A quality CM signing and it's improssible to fault the work the club has done this summer.
Hopefully if there's truth to the Lokonga loan rumours there must be a CM coming in.

If zinny is considered CM cover by Tets then a signing at LB would effectively do the same job, and a LB who can play RB would be perfect.

The more I think about it the more the Hickey rumours made sense.

BIoodBrother

With Pepe leaving, a RW will come.
Let's hope it's a good one..
Sane who played with Arteta could be golden if supported by the system.
Diaby is a great direct young player but Pino seems the one that's most likely of those mentioned because he's a hard worker, intelligent off the ball, cheaper than the others and fits the agecriteria.
Also Martinelli has started this season really well so a promising Supertalent that doesn't need to play every game seems right for now.
Don't rule out Marquinhos for that RW2 role either. I think he has convinced, hence no links yet for a loan.
From a fan perspective that would be a bit of a bummer tho.
If the Lokonga loan links a true, I imagine we might go for Tielemans as well. Marquinhos instead of another signing might provide that money, that was reserved for Raphinha.

chessygoal

Sofiane Diop. With Pepe gone, he has the perfect profile to replace him, young, technically gifted and seems to have a good football iq.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Love Sofiane Diop too, so much talent.

Not sure why so many are turning their noses up on Depay. He has been leading the line for the Netherlands NT really well, can be a very good option for false 9 role for a lot of teams and if we didn’t have Nketiah signed up we should have gone for him to rotate with Jesus.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Neves, Zaha makes us an outside challenger for the title imo.

Tielemans a good alternative in midfield. Neto, Olise, Asensio (if loan) as alternatives for winger.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom