• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Newchange

Xavi Simons would also be a dream. Would come in as a backup to Xhaka with the view to replacing him. He’s dynamic, a goal threat and huge potential.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Partey/Adams/Patino
Ødegaard/Viera
Xhaka/Simons
Patino is not gonna be 3rd choice and basically never play. He is better off being loaned out. The midfield you build could have Patino Ødegaard and Simons as 3 man midfield. Most U 18 teams would physically bully that

Goonger

Watched Kudus playing well against my team Rangers, scoring in both legs, scored against Liverpool as well, and now he's doing well at the World Cup. He'd be a very interesting player, could play number 8 and slightly more forward. Liverpool being linked now.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I feel like CF is a problem that probably won’t get addressed in the next window or even next summer, but eventually they’ll have to address it.

No team can sustain a striker not scoring for long periods, there’s only so much the rest of the team can take up the slack. I think we’re crying out for a traditional 9 and goal scorer. I don’t quite see that profile in Jesus, Nketiah or Balogun.

Nunez has gotten a lot of stick but tbf I think that was a good transfer which should work out in the long term for them. He’s exactly the sort of profile I’ve wanted.

Who else is there? Very few traditional CFs right now. Osimhen and Vlahovic are there but tricky to get.

I think we should be looking for up and coming CFs with height and hold up play.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I feel like CF is a problem that probably won’t get addressed in the next window or even next summer, but eventually they’ll have to address it.

No team can sustain a striker not scoring for long periods, there’s only so much the rest of the team can take up the slack. I think we’re crying out for a traditional 9 and goal scorer. I don’t quite see that profile in Jesus, Nketiah or Balogun.

Nunez has gotten a lot of stick but tbf I think that was a good transfer which should work out in the long term for them. He’s exactly the sort of profile I’ve wanted.

Who else is there? Very few traditional CFs right now. Osimhen and Vlahovic are there but tricky to get.

I think we should be looking for up and coming CFs with height and hold up play.

How do you reach the "not addressing the CF" conclusion?

I think entirely different on that point, for two reasons. The first is that we have been linked to the CF profile you are referring to in recent windows (Abraham, Vlahovic, Osimhen). The second is that we have seen the impact of this CF profile in other top teams like City and Liverpool.

I am almost sure we are going to do a deal for top CF in the coming windows. The team is calling out for that profile to complete itself upfront.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
How do you reach the "not addressing the CF" conclusion?

I think entirely different on that point, for two reasons. The first is that we have been linked to the CF profile you are referring to in recent windows (Abraham, Vlahovic, Osimhen). The second is that we have seen the impact of this CF profile in other top teams like City and Liverpool.

I am almost sure we are going to do a deal for top CF in the coming windows. The team is calling out for that profile to complete itself upfront.

By not addressing I mean that I’m sure it won’t be done in the January window and I’m not sure it will be done in the summer. I think they’ll inevitably address it eventually but I think it should be a higher priority.

From rumours it appears that CM and wide forward are higher priorities, they’ve even talked about LCB.

I’m clear that Jesus is an excellent player and we got him for good value relatively speaking, but I don’t think he’s a long-term no 9 for a top side and frankly that was obvious from City’s willingness to sell.

The question is how long does the club wait to target a different profile of CF, they just bought Jesus and just gave Nketiah a new contract, my worry is because of that they’ll wait perhaps up to 2 years, which is too long imo.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It’s not all the club’s fault obviously, a big part of it is simply the dearth of quality traditional CFs right now. There aren’t many knocking about, which is why tbh I’ve been disappointed that in the last 12 months we’ve missed out on two, Vlahovic and Nunez.

In the late 1980s we had a flurry of top CFs being born, so far it looks like the late 1990s hasn’t produced something similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom