• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

StefanB

Partey's backup in this winter, i will go for this guy. He looks better and cheaper than Onana
Shameless bump, but yeah this kid looks really really good. Offers what Onana does, but seems to be slightly more equipped passing wise and seems to be better in the press. Onana is proven to hack it in the Premiership though, but will be far more expensive, and this guy just seems to have a higher ceiling and more suited to our team.

G0D

Almighty
Honestly i'd try for Camavinga at 100million euros and see how Real react... if they are as hot on Bellingham they may take it as there isn't really space for Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouamani and Valverde in their midfield.

Can appreciate that Valverde mainly plays on the wing right now for Real but in my opinion that's because he offers too much not to be playing and won't be where his future is long-term once Kroos and Modric are out of the picture. Doubt he'd want to be on the wing forever either.

Newchange

RUBEN NEVES Elite technique, Leader, Prem proven makes so much sense I don’t understand why we haven’t gone in for him

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Looking at our starting XI, I think the biggest possible upside can be gained by signing a number 8. Xhaka has been massive for us this season (feels weird to say that), but he does have clear limitations and is getting older. Partey is getting older as well, but I don't think Caicedo or Rice, for example, would prove to be an upgrade. Only player in that category would be Enzo Fernandez, but he might only be available if we become Champions and Chelsea missess out on European football.

My current shortlist for marquee number 8's in summer is: Bellingham, Mac Allister, Pedri (if Barca's financial issues become dire enough), Barella (similar financial situation, I believe).

The squad then mostly needs fresh competition in a number of positions. I would get a young 6 like Lavia or Thuram, Fresneda as BNC seems to develop more as a wingback and a solid winger option behind Saka. If available I would love Kulusevski. Honestly, I would also be tempted to replace Vieira, but we have to give the lad more time and a proper preseason.

Out: Elneny, Cedric, Nelson, Marquinhos, Patino (loan), BNC (loan), Tavares, Holding, Tierney, Lokonga, Pepe, Trusty, Maitland-Niles, Runarsson, Jorginho (if possible).

Only thing I am hesitant about is Balogun. I would love it if we could integrate him in our squad after an incredibly successful loan spell, but I don't see how we can include both him and Nketiah. Neither seem like solid alternatives on the wings and I'm not ready to permanently shift Jesus out wide.

Ramsdale / Turner
White / Fresneda - Saliba / Tomiyasu - Gabriel / Kiwior - Zinchencko
Partey / Lavia
Ødegaard / Vieira - Bellingham / Xhaka
Saka / Kulusevski - Jesus / Nketiah - Martinelli / Trossard​

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Looking at our starting XI, I think the biggest possible upside can be gained by signing a number 8. Xhaka has been massive for us this season (feels weird to say that), but he does have clear limitations and is getting older. Partey is getting older as well, but I don't think Caicedo or Rice, for example, would prove to be an upgrade. Only player in that category would be Enzo Fernandez, but he might only be available if we become Champions and Chelsea missess out on European football.

My current shortlist for marquee number 8's in summer is: Bellingham, Mac Allister, Pedri (if Barca's financial issues become dire enough), Barella (similar financial situation, I believe).

The squad then mostly needs fresh competition in a number of positions. I would get a young 6 like Lavia or Thuram, Fresneda as BNC seems to develop more as a wingback and a solid winger option behind Saka. If available I would love Kulusevski. Honestly, I would also be tempted to replace Vieira, but we have to give the lad more time and a proper preseason.

Out: Elneny, Cedric, Nelson, Marquinhos, Patino (loan), BNC (loan), Tavares, Holding, Tierney, Lokonga, Pepe, Trusty, Maitland-Niles, Runarsson, Jorginho (if possible).

Only thing I am hesitant about is Balogun. I would love it if we could integrate him in our squad after an incredibly successful loan spell, but I don't see how we can include both him and Nketiah. Neither seem like solid alternatives on the wings and I'm not ready to permanently shift Jesus out wide.

Ramsdale / Turner
Partey / Lavia
Really like this. Kulusevski won't come though, even if we'd be able to convince whoever owns him. He knows Saka is in front of him and I think he's smarter than that. I think there's a bigger chance we sign Bellingham than Kulusevski all things considered.

If we'd be able to get Enzo, how would you see it then? Where would you put him in terms of priority when it comes to midfield? Surely both Enzo and Bellingham for example won't be on the cards...

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Really like this. Kulusevski won't come though, even if we'd be able to convince whoever owns him. He knows Saka is in front of him and I think he's smarter than that. I think there's a bigger chance we sign Bellingham than Kulusevski all things considered.
Probably not. Dont know who else to get, though. Could just use Balogun and be flexible if he can play on the wing (Nketiah cant imo). If we could get him I think that's tonnes of quality in the attacking 5, though. Saka could also play the Ødegaard role from LCM or at LW if we need to rotate or go all out in attack.
If we'd be able to get Enzo, how would you see it then? Where would you put him in terms of priority when it comes to midfield? Surely both Enzo and Bellingham for example won't be on the cards...
I dont think two of them is on the cards nor that its desirable in the first place. We need a long term transition away from Xhaka and Partey but cant instantly dump both for 80m signings the minute after they bring us the title.

Picking between Enzo and Jude is quite difficult. Both would be an opportunity that would come along once only because we'd be champions. But, despite me saying there is currently larger upside signing an 8, I think I slightly prefer Enzo out of the two. My shortlist of 8's shows there is abundant quality there and most of them are young and available next year as well. I see fewer talents at 6 who could be world class in that position for 10 years to come. Especially in that lone 6 role the way Rodri and Partey do it.

Edit: nevermind.

Last edited:

Makavelii

Ramsdale / Turner
Partey / Lavia

Some good takes but also some odd ones.
I.e. selling Marquinhos and Jorginho.

Agree on Bellingham. I think he’s the hottest thing out there and we should do what we can to sign him.

But I also think Caicedo is a great long term option. Maybe not an upgrade on Partey. But who is? He will be able to continue the same very high standard.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So squad building wise:

Gk: Ramsdale, Turner

Lb: Zinchenko
Cb:Gabriel, Kiwior
Cb: Saliba,?????
Rb: White, Tomi

I believe he wants to sell Tierney and Holding. So we are looking at Fresneda and possibly another CB coming in with Tomi Covering LB.

Dm: Partey, Jorginho
Cm: Xhaka,?????

Am: Ødegaard, Vieira

Attackers: Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Trossard

Cf: Jesus, Nketiah

I dont think we will get the Partey replacement in the summer. Likely we buy Rice who competes for 8 and covers 6 if really needed. I think the Caicedo ship has sailed and Chelsea will get him.

Sell: AMN, Cedric, Holding, Lokonga, Tierney, Nelson, Tavares.

Balogun is an interesting one also. He could do with Premier League loan along with Patino.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So squad building wise:

Gk: Ramsdale, Turner

Lb: Zinchenko
Cb:Gabriel, Kiwior
Cb: Saliba,?????
Rb: White, Tomi

I believe he wants to sell Tierney and Holding. So we are looking at Fresneda and possibly another CB coming in with Tomi Covering LB.

Dm: Partey, Jorginho
Cm: Xhaka,?????

Am: Ødegaard, Vieira

Attackers: Saka, Martinelli, ESR, Trossard

Cf: Jesus, Nketiah

I dont think we will get the Partey replacement in the summer. Likely we buy Rice who competes for 8 and covers 6 if really needed. I think the Caicedo ship has sailed and Chelsea will get him.

Sell: AMN, Cedric, Holding, Lokonga, Tierney, Nelson, Tavares.

Balogun is an interesting one also. He could do with Premier League loan along with Patino.

Would you spend 80m on Rice or 130m on Bellingham?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would you spend 80m on Rice or 130m on Bellingham?
My preference is Declan Rice. I think he can play 6 and 8 equally. We are talking about a 50 million difference here. That potentially allows us to buy another player. Bellingham would break the wage structure. He is a player who wants to come in and be on ridiculous money. He has Man City written all over him.

Rice will fit within the wage structure nicely I feel.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom