• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Some good takes but also some odd ones.
I.e. selling Marquinhos and Jorginho.

Agree on Bellingham. I think he’s the hottest thing out there and we should do what we can to sign him.
Why is selling Marquinhos and Jorginho (only if the opportunity arises), an odd-take? I don't expect Marquinhos to make it, but if his loan is promising we could loan him again rather than sell him. Jorginho would be surplus to requirements if we buy Lavia or Thuram or a similar player. Probably won't have suitors, but a ruthless club would try. I see him as a band-aid.
But I also think Caicedo is a great long term option. Maybe not an upgrade on Partey. But who is? He will be able to continue the same very high standard.
Caicedo may very well be a great long term option, but I don't think next summer is the only moment to buy him, nor that he's a singular opportunity. Like I explained I don't expect us to buy two marquee midfielders, so I choose to focus on a nr8 with a long term option at 6. Lavia looks very impressive for a team that's at the bottom of the PL table. May well develop into a player of similar quality to Caicedo for less than half the price.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Wish this mother ****er was reliable. This is exactly what I want to hear

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Caicedo would make a lot of sense to go back in for yes, & I hope we do. Brighton might refuse to deal with us which might allow a clear path for Chelsea or someone else. Maybe Brighton will have calmed down by then.

Rice I'm not overly fussed with. I dont see us signing both tbh & I'd rather us use funds towards another right sided forward, like Leao. That's unless Nelson plays & performs & we extend him. Its unlikely tho.

My summer wishlist is

Rafael Leao
Moises Caicedo
Ivan Fresneda

Oh & extend Saliba & Saka, retain Balo & loan Patino to a good footballing PL team. Maybe if we loaned him to Brighton it might sweeten them up a bit ;)

Makavelii

Wish this mother ****er was reliable. This is exactly what I want to hear

Anyone know why we’re never linked as being interested in Bellingham?

Is he seen as unrealistic or something?

Definitely the best midfielder prospect on the market IMO. Caceido and Rice are great options. But Bellingham is already a level up and younger.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Caicedo & Rice is something journalists might say now but come the summer 95% likelihood it doesn’t pan out that way.

If all goes well there might be a summer budget of up to 200m. You’re not gonna spend almost the whole budget on two midfielders, unless one of Partey, Xhaka or Jorginho leaves unexpectedly. They’ll want to address other areas, target an expensive young forward maybe.

I think it’s likely they target Rice and I think we could feasibly get him. I think that would fit our model. We’re not getting both.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Caicedo & Rice is something journalists might say now but come the summer 95% likelihood it doesn’t pan out that way.

If all goes well there might be a summer budget of up to 200m. You’re not gonna spend almost the whole budget on two midfielders, unless one of Partey, Xhaka or Jorginho leaves unexpectedly. They’ll want to address other areas, target an expensive young forward maybe.

I think it’s likely they target Rice and I think we could feasibly get him. I think that would fit our model. We’re not getting both.

Yeah not a chance we sign Caicedo in the summer now, and quite frankly I hope we don’t. Rice is enough for midfield.

Makavelii

Why is selling Marquinhos and Jorginho (only if the opportunity arises), an odd-take? I don't expect Marquinhos to make it, but if his loan is promising we could loan him again rather than sell him. Jorginho would be surplus to requirements if we buy Lavia or Thuram or a similar player. Probably won't have suitors, but a ruthless club would try. I see him as a band-aid.

Caicedo may very well be a great long term option, but I don't think next summer is the only moment to buy him, nor that he's a singular opportunity. Like I explained I don't expect us to buy two marquee midfielders, so I choose to focus on a nr8 with a long term option at 6. Lavia looks very impressive for a team that's at the bottom of the PL table. May well develop into a player of similar quality to Caicedo for less than half the price.

Marquinhos an odd take cause the plan was always to loan him after 6 months. Mikel said that before Marquinhos ever played for us.

Just seems odd to give up on a youth prospect so soon.

Jorginho - because we just signed him I guess. But sure, if someone actually offers money for him and we have better depth then why not.

Agree about Caicedo not needing to be done this summer. We’ve bought ourselves at least 18 months to find the best player/deal by signing Jorginho,

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't see the need for two midfielders this Summer. I think one midfielder, a top wide player and a right back and we are good.

GK - Ramsdale, Turner, Okwonkwo
DL - Zinchenko, Tierney
DC - Gabriel, Kiwior
DC - Saliba, Tomiyasu
DR - White, Frednesa
DMC - Partey, Jorginho, Elneny
MC - Rice, Xhaka, ESR
MC - Ødegaard, Vieira
FL - Leao, Martinelli
SC - Jesus, Nketiah, Balogun
FR - Saka, Trossard

In Summer 2024 when Jorginho and Elneny contracts expire and we will have a far better idea of where players like Patino, Azeez, Cozier-Duberry and Nwaneri are and if they are ready to step up to the first team squad. We could also go big on a Xhaka or Partey replacement if their level is dropping off.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
New contracts for Saka and Saliba are essential.

Rice is realistic and sensible, I can totally see that happening. I can’t see Bellingham that’s just not our style, it’ll be a frenzy for his signature and we just don’t roll like that.

I still want a forward and I think we need one considering Nelson will probably leave and Marquinhos hasn’t really impressed yet.

Kvaradona is the dream cos that guy is just sensational, a pure baller. But I’ll be keeping an eye on RWs over the next few months, I wouldn’t mind a raw gem type signing from a small league.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
New contracts for Saka and Saliba are essential.

Rice is realistic and sensible, I can totally see that happening. I can’t see Bellingham that’s just not our style, it’ll be a frenzy for his signature and we just don’t roll like that.

I still want a forward and I think we need one considering Nelson will probably leave and Marquinhos hasn’t really impressed yet.

Kvaradona is the dream cos that guy is just sensational, a pure baller. But I’ll be keeping an eye on RWs over the next few months, I wouldn’t mind a raw gem type signing from a small league.

Check out Alberto Moleiro, raw and more of AM, but seems two footed.

A more expensive one is Cherki at Lyon, he's as two footed as Cazorla, good talent but he's a bit lazy. Think he'll go to PSG tho.

Yeremy Pino is one that we've been linked to before, I like him a lot.

Antonio Nusa is also a serious baller, check him out in the Champions League, playing for Club Brugge, 17 years old.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think this peak Xhaka has at least 2 more years in him. Guy is an absolute specimen and it’s not like he relies on speed. Partey though, his body is just broken man. I will be delighted if we get just 1 more year out of him. If we’re gonna buy a top midfielder this season my wish is to get a 6. The 8 can wait. Ooh that rhymes 🎶

Declan for me is an 8. A great 8 🎵. I just can’t see him do the Partey thing. Not good enough with his back to play. Could fill in in a pinch but not as a regular. Could we get by with a different formation/style? Maybe, but this is the most effective thing I have ever seen I don’t wanna mess it up.

So my wish for the summer is a partey style 6. Camavinga is my wet dream there. I think he could out partey partey. Still not the finished article so getting him in before partey is out would be great.

And kvaradonna please. Just because.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
IN:
Zubimendi/Camavinga (£55m) as 6
Rice (£75m) as 8
Top winger (£80m) if we sell Balogun
Fresneda (£15m)

OUT:
Nelson
AMN
Mari
Holding
Cedric
Pepe £25m
Tavares £25m
Elneny

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Think we only need a top midfielder next summer just one player if no one serious leaves, maybe a prospect at RW when we sell Pepe, Nelson. Still would have Saka, Trossard, Martinelli, Smith Rowe and G.Jesus can play RW.

We have such a balanced squad, playing CL we just need that one special player. Imagine Barella or someone who can really turn a game with big moments of quality. Looks like Rice is the one but I need to see more of him forcing the play when needing a goal.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’m speaking directly to midfield here

Folks I don’t buy this idea that we need one of Rice or Caicedo. We need both if we want to rise to the level of technicality, physicality and depth for the medium to long term.

The youngsters out on loan and in our youth structures right now, will have spots to fill in the coming years, as Xhaka, TP5, Elneny and Jorginho are moved on. This could be as soon as the end of next season.

For midfield we need Caicedo, Rice, who rotate/compete with TP5 and Xhaka. Vieira comes back a year older as well and can play more of a role.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I kinda have the wish that we can develop Smith Rowe into a top LCM. He has qualities like ball carrying, good close control to evade press only thing he's missing is maybe incisive passing which is crucial. Oh and his goal scoring is great. It would save us 70m if this guy could stay fit and compete for a place.

Passing is so important in this team tho, especially finding Martinelli when he makes runs inside. Hope he succeeds, or we will have to go for maybe someone like Florian Wirtz,

ChefMan21

I think this peak Xhaka has at least 2 more years in him. Guy is an absolute specimen and it’s not like he relies on speed. Partey though, his body is just broken man. I will be delighted if we get just 1 more year out of him. If we’re gonna buy a top midfielder this season my wish is to get a 6. The 8 can wait. Ooh that rhymes 🎶

Declan for me is an 8. A great 8 🎵. I just can’t see him do the Partey thing. Not good enough with his back to play. Could fill in in a pinch but not as a regular. Could we get by with a different formation/style? Maybe, but this is the most effective thing I have ever seen I don’t wanna mess it up.

So my wish for the summer is a partey style 6. Camavinga is my wet dream there. I think he could out partey partey. Still not the finished article so getting him in before partey is out would be great.

And kvaradonna please. Just because.
I don't think Camavinga would be easy. So much of their midfield is nearing retirement and I think we'd have to pay overs for him by quite some margin.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I can see Rice do a 6,5-7/10 job at 8 at the most. The marauding box-to-box midfielder isn't really necessary in our style of play. I don't see him step it up a level compared to Xhaka in terms of goal/assist-contributions (5 goal contributions more or less). What makes people think he's special in that position? Genuine question.

I see how he can be an absolute unit at 6, although I prefer the type that's better at turning/dribbling out of pressure. I think he can receive the pass under pressure and combine his way out, which is also valuable. I also see him put good numbers tackling, intercepting and closing down players. His physicality is obviously a big plus there as well.

A player like Mac Allister has much more upside compared to Xhaka at 8 in my humble opinion.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I can see Rice do a 6,5-7/10 job at 8 at the most. The marauding box-to-box midfielder isn't really necessary in our style of play. I don't see him step it up a level compared to Xhaka in terms of goal/assist-contributions (5 goal contributions more or less). What makes people think he's special in that position? Genuine question.

I see how he can be an absolute unit at 6, although I prefer the type that's better at turning/dribbling out of pressure. I think he can receive the pass under pressure and combine his way out, which is also valuable. I also see him put good numbers tackling, intercepting and closing down players. His physicality is obviously a big plus there as well.

A player like Mac Allister has much more upside compared to Xhaka at 8 in my humble opinion.

No one thought Xhaka would be able to play that position, I have no doubt in my mind Rice could do it and better, he's a much better player than Xhaka for me and I could see him adding goals and assists.

As you say though, at 6 I could also see him being solid, it's why he makes a great signing but I am starting to think he'll be our 8.

Top Bottom