• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Bloodbather

Established Member

To me it looks like he does his best work when he’s getting into the box scoring goals. He’s a Gerrard/Lampard type to me.

I think you have to give him freedom, Wijnaldum did a huge amount of defensive work covering for Robertson, you don’t drop 100m plus on a player for him to do that.

People would have said the same about Haaland, that he isn’t the typical City style of player. I think Pep is evolving their style to be more direct. The best roles for JB are the Gundogan role, or Xhaka role at Arsenal (never going to happen though).
Two of Bellingham's best attributes are his physicality and work rate. It's not something to be dismissed, it makes him a perfect player for gegenpressing. And Bellingham isn't as much of a goalscorer as you seem to think he is, he's scored 1, 3, and 4 goals in the league in his respective seasons at Dortmund. Not in a way that makes him different than Wijnaldum, anyway.

For me he's Wijnaldum with his technical and physical attributes boosted, which is a world class player, and a perfect fit for Liverpool. Like I said though, he's the sort of talent that you adjust for.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Liverpool could do with an attacking midfielder, though. Their midfield has been three bland-ass workhorses for years now. That only worked with Mane and Salah firing on all cilinders and Firmino playing as a '9.5'. They need to adapt their structure, Nunez is no Firmino, Jota is kind of like Salah and Gakpo is no Mané.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Very fair point to be honest, but maybe City are moving away from KDB? He’s been in and out of the team this season and seems City as a whole are transitioning to a new style. Pep mentioned that you always have to change winning teams to keep them hungry and competitive.
Makes sense kdb will be 32 in the summer and Jude at 20 is perfect replacement. All they need is have kdb one more season while they bedding Bellingham in

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Liverpool could do with an attacking midfielder, though. Their midfield has been three bland-ass workhorses for years now. That only worked with Mane and Salah firing on all cilinders and Firmino playing as a '9.5'. They need to adapt their structure, Nunez is no Firmino, Jota is kind of like Salah and Gakpo is no Mané.
Have you changed your mind on orkun kokcu? Last time I think you felt he was not pl ready?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Evan Ferguson looks like some player.

I’d happily take him here as an option in our squad. Not sure if Brighton would be willing to let him go this early into his development tho.

Fck Brighton hire a big Spanish agent in South America as consultant we can do everything they do better

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ferguson needs to stay at Brighton for now he’s too young for a move to a big club where he’d just be another asset sitting on the shelf I’m sick of it Robbie

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
One of my go to guys with some analysis on Leao.

As mentioned by the likes of @OnlyOne, not as dedicated to the cause. The potential to be elite is there though, but the "wide Pogba" description is apt here.

Love the player, but Raphinha would be a better rounded forward choice.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
One of my go to guys with some analysis on Leao.

As mentioned by the likes of @OnlyOne, not as dedicated to the cause. The potential to be elite is there though, but the "wide Pogba" description is apt here.

Love the player, but Raphinha would be a better rounded forward choice.

Sounds like he hits all of Arteta's red flags and also sounds like Pepe. Not happening, although Arsène would of tollerated him and got a tune of sorts out of him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Sounds like he hits all of Arteta's red flags and also sounds like Pepe. Not happening, although Arsène would of tollerated him and got a tune of sorts out of him.
We don't want a "tune" out of someone. We want a Saka. An 8/10 every game. Not some player who sometimes feels like it and sometimes doesn't and is happy enough with 4th and a big pay check. We want winners.

Rouski

In
Iván Fresneda - RB cover
Khéphren Thuram - DM / CM
Mohammed Kudus - RW / CM - box-to-box player, cover for Saka on RW and a goalscorer
Folarin Balogun - CF

25 man squad

Homegrown - 10
Ramsdale, Aaron
White, Ben
Holding, Rob
Saliba, William
Smith Rowe, Emile
Nelson, Reiss
Saka, Bukayo
Martinelli, Gabriel
Nketiah, Eddie
Balogun, Folarin

Not homegrown - 15
Turner, Matt
Tomiyasu, Takehiro
Magalhães, Gabriel
Zinchenko, Oleksandr
Tierney, Kieran
Partey, Thomas
Thuram, Khéphren
Jorginho
Elneny, Mohamed
Xhaka, Granit
Kudus, Mohammed
Ødegaard, Martin
Vieira, Fabio
Trossard, Leandro
Gabriel, Jesus

Under 21
Hein, Karl
Fresneda, Iván

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So positions of need and options within the league:

Rb Livramento, Justin, Lamptey, KWP
Lb Mitchell, Ait Nouri,
RCb Guehi, Collins, Bella-Kotchap
Dm Neves, Doucoure, Caicedo, Lavia,
Cm Rice, Nunes, Mac Allister, Tielemans
Rw Kulu, Bowen, Neto, Ouatarra

A lot of interesting names there.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

So positions of need and options within the league:

Rb Livramento, Justin, Lamptey, KWP
Lb Mitchell, Ait Nouri,
RCb Guehi, Collins, Bella-Kotchap
Dm Neves, Doucoure, Caicedo, Lavia,
Cm Rice, Nunes, Mac Allister, Tielemans
Rw Kulu, Bowen, Neto, Ouatarra

A lot of interesting names there.

Getting the highlighted 6 would be a phenomenal summer that would keep us in the conversation for retaining the title & maybe more going forward.

Not far-fetched at all with Justin, Guehi & Rice as their respective clubs might be relegated & will therefore not be negotiating from a position of strength.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Getting the highlighted 6 would be a phenomenal summer that would keep us in the conversation for retaining the title & maybe more going forward.

Not far-fetched at all with Justin, Guehi & Rice as their respective clubs might be relegated & will therefore not be negotiating from a position of strength.

Of that list, I would probably only go for Rice and Caicedo. Nobody in their right mind comes to Arsenal as a right winger if they can't play on the left wing. Diaby or Nico Williams make sense as they can play both flanks.

Guehi looks okay, but I want someone more imposing.

KWP would kill two birds with one stone as he covers both flanks.

Either way, we need to be smart and sign from within the league. Probably more value in England than abroad.

Top Bottom