• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Weakerthan

We should raid Dortmund - Ewerthon/Madouni/Metze - and to a lesser extent Rosicky. They're doing badly in the Bundesliga but the quality' s till there. Hopefully, some of their players will want out in the summer.

kiddou

Well Dejan Stankovic is real good ( but I would say that anyway because I'm also serbian :) ). He is universal midfielder and I've seen him play in centre of the park and on numerous occasions on either wings. Of course he isn't the classic winger but he can do a pretty good job. Good in defence, good tackling, killer shot from distance and good header. He sometimes has disciplinary problems but that would be nothing new for our team :)
Would love to see him in Arsenal shirt but the question is do we need him when we have Viera, Gilberto, Cesc, Flamini ( Edu is going right?? ). He is 29 I think.Anyway he is highly rated in Italy and doing well in Inter so ... don't know if it could happen.

A

Anonymous

Van der Vaart hasn't continued to set the world on fire since his early good impressions.

My wish list is:

A goalkeeper in mid to late 20s who can becaome a long term fixture - Hildebrand, Isaksson, Abbiati, Kameni perhaps
Central defender - not fussed who
Shaun Wright Philips
Striker to partner / provide backup for Henry

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Van Der Vaart seems to be stuck at Ajax. Surely someone of his "talent" should've left them by now to pursue his career and development. I honestly don't see him getting any better at Ajax.

As for my wish lish, I sure as hell wouldn't say no to a Quarter Pounder Meal and a chocolate thickshake.

And to go along with that, I'd take a Central Defender. Kompany seems like a good choice, considering his age and the fact he'd probably not mind sitting the bench for a while. Its tough to think of who, because we are going to play them as a back up, so saying names like Chivu, Bonera, Cannavaro and so on is unrealistic. I reckon Emile Heskey has all the attributes to make a great centre back. Its most probably too late in his career, but he's got the same physical attributes as Sol Campbell.

Goalkeepers, well, before it even happened we all probably thought Hildebrand was the simple choice. But as usual, **** always happens. Abbiati, although I havent seen him play seems to have a good reputation amongst the people here, so he seems a logical choice. I have been a fan of Andreas Isakkson also.

SuperBob

We should get either Chivu/Kompany/Ayala for our defence in the summer, I think we should get rid of Cygan even though I think he's had a good season he wont be needed as we have Senderos there as 4th choice if we get one of those 3.

Chivu would be the best bet out of those 3 before he was injured he was and still is reguareded as a WC CB

Kompany is still young and like you said him and Senderos could be the future.

Ayala is still good and I think would do very well with Sol next to him

Sol
Kolo
Senderos
Chivu 10 Mil Pound /Kompany 7Mil Pound/Ayala 4Mil pound

As for GK I definately want Cudicini the guy was wonderful for Chelsea for a couple of years Wenger should go all out and get him.
I'm not convinced with Abbiati or Frey.

Cudicini would not cost more then 5 Mil i reckon.

With Pennant leaving we have to go all out and get SWP hopefully the guy doesn't have the best of his last 10 games in the Premiership because if he does we know City will up his value to the 10-15 Mil pound mark

I say if he wants to come to Arsenal we could get him for 8-10 Mil.

I don't think we need any strikers, I was hoping for Bojinov but he went to Florence..
Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie could do for another season + we have some exciting young talents coming through Lupoli and Quincy. Aliadiere is coming back from injury as well. Reyes Wenger said he will be a 'Super Striker' so he may have a future up front instead of LM will see.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Owen Hargreaves not because people are complaining about us having 16 non british players on Monday but he adds some much needed fight and steel to the team a bit like Parlour but better, he would be especially good if Edu doesn't get offered another contract at the end of the season or one he accepts (who knows?).
By then we'll have Gilberto and hopefully him so Cesc can take his time to develop and come in now and again in League cup and FA Cup games.

A

Anonymous

IVAN KLASNIC!! yes i am croatian but i havnt seen a better bundesliga striker then him. Was Bremen's captain before he was injured. He made the German team of the year last year and has proved himself in the champios league. Also cheap otions availabel at the back could be simic or tudor who are both world class :D

Soler

Established Member
Here's my defensive transfer wishlist for the summer:

- ANDREAS ISAAKSSON: GK; 03/10/1981; Swedish; Rennes; £4-5m.
- LEO FRANCO: GK; 20/5/1977; Argentinian; Atletico Madrid; £4-5m.
- JORGE ANDRADE: CB; 09/04/1978; Portuguese; Deportivo La Coruña; £6-8m.
- CRISTIAN CHIVU: CB; 26/10/1980; Romanian; AS Roma; £8-10m.
- CHRISTOPH METZELDER: CB; 5/11/1980; German; Dortmund; £5-7m*.
- LEDLEY KING: CB, 10/12/1980; English; Tottenham Hotspur; £15-20m**.

* = subject to Dortmund's financial state at the time.
** = English prices are, of course, completely over the top.

Asterix

Established Member
Nice list MJ. I still think we need another striker, especially if Dennis goes. If we're left with Thierry and Reyes, RvP and Aliadiare we're in a bit of trouble, particularly as Reyes seems more suited on the flank.

Braathen would be potentially good, but I'd prefer someone with experience. Jlio Baptista sounds good.

Soler

Established Member
He's more of a midfielder than a striker. Well, he's actually a defensive midfielder by trade but he just scores a lot!

Soler

Established Member
Pretty much. He's basically the complete midfielder - able to score **** loads of goals and still win the midfield battle. He'd be brilliant alongside Vieira, really.

Alright, wishlist

obvioulsy a class keeper- hilderbrandt, frey, carini, robinson (damn robinson is good) or even green though the last 2 are subject to the ridiculous english market

defender- king, metzelder, a mid 20's player with class, the idea is to buy someone we canh ave for years and will take leadership of the back after campbell has to go, by then hopefully kolo will be hell, or hoyte or senderos will have stepped up to be worthy first team players

mi- wright-phillips, i have been saying it since the first time he played in city premier league football, wenger should have bought him last year, and now we are going to pay for it in the pocket, regardless, he is a must buy, good for fans, certainly good for the team and he fits into arsenal style so well, he runs all over th eplace ina game opening up the defence for others on the field, as well as his obvious assets on the ball

and finally a striker- well as far as im concerned we need one of 2 types of strikers, we need a drogba-big powerful striker, able to hold off defenders, and superb in the air- or possibly even more so Micheal Owen- for all his disadvantages, you simply cant go past his pace and predatory instinct, paired up with henry owen is going to be made to look good and score and ass load of goals.

thats it, dont ask me of prices i have no idea

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A right hand side consisting of Sergio Ramos and SWP would be awesome! Essien and Vieira in the middle would also be mouthwatering.

Wenger14

Established Member
Petr Cech, Steven Gerrard, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Alessandro Nesta :D
Well after all this is a wish list 8) :wink:

luma

we shold try and get cassano of roma who is set to leave roma in the summer for our attack how would that be cassano and Henry partnership he would cost us around 15 million

To our midfield emre and Hleb we need width i thin Ljunberg is a good player but not a great player he is a hard worker but no one of the best.together would cost about 16 million pounds

in Defence
Kuffor on a free
another defender who is not to expensive
right back hatem trabelsi of Ajax

Gk marcos or the highly rated proto who will be cheaper

that would be about 35 million well spent and if reyes goes we would have money for the winter transfer.

luma

we shold try and get cassano of roma who is set to leave roma in the summer for our attack how would that be cassano and Henry partnership he would cost us around 15 million

To our midfield emre and Hleb we need width i think Ljunberg is a good player but not a great player he is a hard worker but no one of the best wingers around .together would cost about 16 million pounds

in Defence
Kuffor on a free
another defender who is not to expensive
right back hatem trabelsi of Ajax

Gk marcos or the highly rated proto who will be cheaper

that would be about 35 million well spent and if reyes goes we would have money for the winter transfer.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom