• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

luma

Hleb 12 million euros
Gk kameni 7 million euros
Defence Milto 6million euros of real zargoza and Argentinan intrenatnal who barcelona also want and kuffor on the free
replacement for bergkamp Gilardino would cost us about 13 or 14 million euros

it will cost us about 38 million and would have some money left for young talent

Asterix

Established Member
Would it be too much to ask for transfer values to be discussed in pounds - it's a little confusing for those of us outside Europe to be converting euros to pounds to our own currencies (not that the last bit is relevant - just interesting - and reminds me how cheap the Aussie dollar is against the pound still!)

asajoseph

Established Member
I honestly don't think Mellberg's got the bottle to be at a big club. He's shown that he's got the talent to be one of the best in the Premiership, but time and time again he's decided to stay at Villa.

Either that, or he's actually loyal. But in this day and age, that's rather hard to believe/

Bamser

Think about this team for next year if Cole, Reyes and Edu are leaveing... We will get good money for both Cole and Reyes... Not enough to buy Frey, Essien and SWP but then we have to bring the rest of the money...

------Clichy-------Ljundberg

------Sol----------Essien-------Owen
Frey
------Senderos---Paddy-------Henry

------Toure-------SWP

Owen is not the player i most want to see at Highbury, but if we get him + some money for Reyes it is okay for me!

teitzo

Manutd payed 17m for C.Ronaldo didn't they? (correct me if i'm wrong)
Essien has played great this season, he has been much more valuable for Lyon than C.Ronaldo has been for the last 2 seasons for Manutd, don't you all think. And seeing as though Manutd want him, we can guess they would pay atleast 15m. So if we're going to go into a bidding war for him i wouldn't be surprised if it got up to 18 and are we prepared to pay that much. Now you guys might think my estimates are way to high, but If ManU, Chelsea of Real Madrid move in, Essien's price is going to skyrocket.
I saw someone in a reply above say 7m for Essien, as if, maybe if Lyon was in finacial trouble and we were the only ones after him.

We need a GK - Frey or Cassilas
We need a CB - Sol is old and injury prone.
We need a gritty CM. Paddy is past it, and injury prone. Paddy is not a good attakcing CM - Cesc is, nor DM - Gilberto is and Edu is better than him at the all action/all-round role. Fet Essien or Maschereno.
Striker + RM are luxuries.

We need to make sure we have a world class spine. As long as thats sorted, the rest of the team could be half decent and we'd get away with it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Players I DON'T want at Arsenal - some because they demonstrate a lack of ambition on behalf of the club, others a lack of talent on behalf of the player.

Beckham
Ne
Sidwell
Borch
Frey
Guti
Davids
Toldo

Plus a few others to be added over the next few weeks, I'm sure.

King_Henry_14

if we didnt ... we should of been in for Lucio before he moved to Bayern

GK - Not sure we need 1 to be honest
FB - Belletti from Barcelona impressed me
CD - [Fill the Gap]
RM - ?
LM - Ze Roberto is on a Bosman at the moment, Luque ?
If we got 1 of those, we could switch Reyes to the right if Freddie is out

ST - Anyone for Shabani Nonda ?

Check out the 2005 Bosman Team... http://www.footballtransfers.info/contr ... eam05.html

A

Anonymous

arsenal team

paddy kenny would be a great player at arsenal
hes a great shot stopper as we well no and has the potential to inprove

what do we think people
hes not the big name we would love but a great keeper

also in defence theres a young player in italy who is a brilliant player with so much potentail

simone padion

never heard of him but beleive me hes one for the future

striker
theres been so much talk about posible transferes for henry and reyes.
i think if reyes is to go ( which would be a shame )
fenando torres what a player and would love to see him in a arsenal shirt

please people what are your thoughts on this

asajoseph

Established Member
Dear Lord,

I've been a good person in these last few weeks, and you've rewarded me by making all these nasty David Beckham rumours go away. But now, I'm going to be extra-specially good, because I want one more favour. Please God, don't let Paddy Kenny sign for Arsenal in the summer. And Lord, while you're at it, make all those people that think that he's a good player just because he had two good games against us go away. I don't understand them, and I'm sure you don't either.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,

Amen

Ratinho

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Dear Lord,

I've been a good person in these last few weeks, and you've rewarded me by making all these nasty David Beckham rumours go away. But now, I'm going to be extra-specially good, because I want one more favour. Please God, don't let Paddy Kenny sign for Arsenal in the summer. And Lord, while you're at it, make all those people that think that he's a good player just because he had two good games against us go away. I don't understand them, and I'm sure you don't either.

In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,

Amen

:D

Although, if you think the worst thing that can happen to us is the arrival of David Beckham, well we must be in for a pretty good future if that's the worst that can happen.

Do I want us to sign him when there are better options in my opnion? No. Would I complain if Wenger decided to bring in David Beckham? Hell No!

PEACE^

Owen or a tall striker, who can play well with head and has good finishing(like Ibrahimovic).
and it would also be cool if we buy Ledley King and Wright-Philips but it's not necessary.

Top Bottom