• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
So a few ITKs were talking as if this had been signed but today Wenger revealed it's not:

Wenger on if he has plans to discuss Walcott’s contract…"Yes, because he is close to the end of is contract next season."

Concerning? Will he sign? If not will he be sold? He's really coming into form right now so I want to keep him.

Carlo Marx

Used to be the Voice of Reason, now raging
If he is going, that could explain the links to Aubemeyang I suppose?

We shouldn't read to much into Wenger's inscrutable answering style. Could be that the contract is as good as signed. A few twitter itks have hinted as much.

Danskin

Established Member
I think we will end up extending his contract. He's establishing himself in the team right now and he's scoring goals. I'd be surprised if he left.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You can tell by his celebrations that he wants to stay. He's actually increased his stock the longer time has gone by. Give him 125k

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Might not be the most technically gifted player in comparisons to other members of our squad but imo he's our most dangerous player.

There's people in our squad that have comparable players that can effectively do what they do, but no one else here can offer what Theo can for our team. No one can make such brilliantly timed runs and offer such a consistent threat beyond oppositions defences.

He's lightning fast and a clinical finisher. It would be hard to replace him. I certainly don't think Gotze would be a good replacement if Theo were to leave and i think it's criminal his contract is seemingly no closer to being done than it was 3 months ago.

Realistically who could we get that would replace his exact role in our squad? Pedro? PEA? Lacazette maybe? Not too many realistic options. I'd be devastated if we lost him tbh.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Give him a deadline, if not, sell him and get Gotze.

Walcott is a great lad but he's not Messi, twice now it seems like he's messing with the club.

Theo's a little tosser imo. Would rather keep him but meh, it's Theo Walcott. We have far superior players at the club already and he is utterly replaceable - right, maybe not pace-wise but we could get someone who wants to touch the ball during the game. Win some, lose some.

He was a squad player for months last season when he returned and missed the guts of a year before that and we did fine so I'm not worried either way.

US_Gooner

Established Member
We really have no idea what is delaying the contract.

For all we know, Theo's asking for £200K/wk. because he thinks that's what Sterling is getting at City. Or he's demanding a guarantee of n games as striker.
Or the club only wants to pay ½ when he's injured. Or Wenger is planning on shifting him on anyway and is waiting for the right offer.

Or both parties expect to reach an agreement but both are posturing so as to get the best deal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Theo's a little tosser imo. Would rather keep him but meh, it's Theo Walcott. We have far superior players at the club already and he is utterly replaceable - right, maybe not pace-wise but we could get someone who wants to touch the ball during the game. Win some, lose some.

He was a squad player for months last season when he returned and missed the guts of a year before that and we did fine so I'm not worried either way.
I think he'll sign, but if he's refusing to or asking for big money (on par with Özil and co) then sell him this summer when we'll get £20m+ for him. I don't want to lose him on a free or in January for £10m or something awful, especially as it'll be to Chelsea or United.

Atticus

The PEA links like every player that has been linked to us has been bullshit.
6921663c1c731e2cf25304555a01b56b.jpg

MrBump

Seriously it's Theo Walcott. Maybe the most frustration Arsenal player in the last 10 years. Do you people forget everything ?

He held us over a barrel last time for more money, even tho he hardly played through injury, then only agreed 3 years.
Now it seems the same is happenning and again he's been out injured and hasn't offered much.

Sign what's offered or fck off !
Like I said its Theo Walcott, easily replaceable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The biggest contract he'll ever sign given his age, going into his last year, he's in a position where he is the absolute boss - wait until Arsenal offer him exactly the package he wants, or he leaves for free, gets that package anyway, and a sign on fee.

Wenger knows what's happening, there will be no deadlines - Theo is staying or leaving for free.

Peak years, home grown, possible free soon - an absolute dream pick up for every top club in England.

Theo is king here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom